The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old November 12th, 2009, 04:44 PM   #11
BrotherGrimm
Roller of Bones

Default Re: Why do people like Gun Crazy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joehunk View Post
It's also effectively a 40% extra proc chance for elemental weapons, since proc chance is per bullet. On weapons like the Firehawk or Defiler that proc every time, it's just more procs.
While the 2 weapons you mention DO proc on their extra projectile, Gun Crazy does NOT generate a 2nd bullet....it just doubles the damge of the original projectiles fired (if it triggers).

To the OPs ?: If you plan to use pistols AT ALL, then doing twice as much damage 40% of the time might be worth looking into. Just saying.
BrotherGrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2009, 04:46 PM   #12
Ronin0ni
First Access Club Member

You know, I was shooting my revolver last night and swore that I would see 2 numbers pop up occasionally instead of 1 bigger number.

Lilith: Now you see me... | Rat-a-tat-tat

Roland: Killer | Combat Medic
Ronin0ni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2009, 11:35 PM   #13
Erwing220

Send a message via AIM to Erwing220 Send a message via MSN to Erwing220 Send a message via Yahoo to Erwing220

OP asked because he thought the skill expended 2 bullets when it triggers. He didn't know that it simply makes one bullet do twice as much damage. You don't need to keep pointing out his mistake every other post. =p
Erwing220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2009, 12:15 AM   #14
nolahornets394
NOLA FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin0ni View Post
You know, I was shooting my revolver last night and swore that I would see 2 numbers pop up occasionally instead of 1 bigger number.
yeah when i shoot a wall i swear it sometimes makes 2 bullet holes instead of one. from what i see, the gun actually shoots an extra bullet without using ammo
nolahornets394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2009, 12:56 AM   #15
xJunKx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolahornets394 View Post
yeah when i shoot a wall i swear it sometimes makes 2 bullet holes instead of one. from what i see, the gun actually shoots an extra bullet without using ammo
this, because decal wise it does make 2 bullet holes in 1 trigger pull when it works, but its just 1 big number not 2 seperate.
however yes it does shoot 2 bullets not just doubles the damage
Old November 13th, 2009, 02:58 AM   #16
Keys

It does change the proc chance to elemental because it does fire multiple bullets. Try with a shotgun. YOu dont see 6~8 different numbers. You see one big one. The game actually Blends stacked bullet strikes. So if shots strike simultaneously they merge the numbers
Keys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2009, 07:57 PM   #17
Joehunk

Quote:
Gun Crazy does NOT generate a 2nd bullet
Incorrect. It does generate a second bullet. Turn on bullet decals on your graphics options and fire a single shot pistol at a wall a few times.

The game has some heuristic for grouping damage results, so damage from multiple projectiles will sometimes appear as a single number. For the best example, fire shotgun at point blank range at something. Even though it's "x11" or whatever, you'll see one number. One damage number does not imply one projectile.
Joehunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2009, 08:14 PM   #18
Revolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherGrimm View Post
While the 2 weapons you mention DO proc on their extra projectile, Gun Crazy does NOT generate a 2nd bullet....it just doubles the damge of the original projectiles fired (if it triggers).

To the OPs ?: If you plan to use pistols AT ALL, then doing twice as much damage 40% of the time might be worth looking into. Just saying.
Yes, it does fire two bullets. I have tested this. How? I took my gun and fired it at the ground. Roughly half the time I would see two bullet holes form in the ground. They would be an inch or so apart from each other. Based on this, i have concluded that the extra bullet generated has a good chance of missing at long range, but at short range it is superior to a straight 40% damage increase, due to the nature of how Relentless works.

Level 61 Rogue/Gunslinger Mordecai build.

Turret Roland, currently 60.

Tank Brick currently in his 40's.

Good luck out there.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2009, 01:08 PM   #19
BrotherGrimm
Roller of Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherGrimm View Post

Well, I proved myself wrong last night. I was testing out a rather inacurate pistol (single shot) last night and actually managed to hit 2 different targets with a single trigger pull...each bullet registered damage on a different target. I was wrong and Gun Crazy DOES actually generate a 2nd bullet that is independent in it's cone of fire path. Apparently the game groups damage on single targets from a single source when it can to reduce the flying number count.

Last edited by BrotherGrimm; November 19th, 2009 at 12:48 PM.
BrotherGrimm is offline   Reply With Quote