The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old January 25th, 2012, 01:17 AM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #41
AdamF
GBX PR & Marketing

Default Re: Official Release Date Speculation Thread

No news for THREE MORE YEARS!!!

No. I know it has been quiet but most things usually are during the holiday time frame. Holidays are now over... Expect to see a steady ramp up

Some crazy cool ass stuff is in the pipes.

Follow us on Twitter & Facebook!

My Twitter @PezRadar | Gearbox Software
Gearbox Software | Borderlands | Aliens: Colonial Marines | Duke Nukem
AdamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2012, 02:27 AM   #42
Xen0m0rpH
Face Rape Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamF View Post

No. I know it has been quiet but most things usually are during the holiday time frame. Holidays are now over... Expect to see a steady ramp up

First off, I'd like to thank you for taking time out of your no doubt busy schedule to give us little fanboys a howdy doo.

It's great to hear from the inside that the gears are getting ready to start churning out something, no matter how small that might seem it's better than nothing.

I'm excited to see what you guys put out.

Xen0m0rpH
Xen0m0rpH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2012, 04:18 AM   #43
Salt The Fries

Send a message via AIM to Salt The Fries Send a message via MSN to Salt The Fries Send a message via Yahoo to Salt The Fries

Quote:

Hello Adam--thank you for taking your time to reply to our worries. We've been mostly concerned about the fact that the supposed release date is not far off yet we're not hearing anything more, and thus feared yet another delay--something that'd be hard to endure again. Thank you for bringing in some more hope for us, grunts. Cheers.

Hey, guys... There's a lot of people here and... Not everyone had an orange, um...

If I'm an ass, I should say so. If I don't, somebody else will. If I say it first, that disarms them.
Salt The Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2012, 04:58 AM   #44
Sh0dan
Immortal Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt The Fries View Post
Hello Adam--thank you for taking your time to reply to our worries. We've been mostly concerned about the fact that the supposed release date is not far off yet we're not hearing anything more, and thus feared yet another delay--something that'd be hard to endure again. Thank you for bringing in some more hope for us, grunts. Cheers.
It would be hard, but my opinion is, we've waited this long, so we can wait a little longer if that is what it takes for the game to be ready. And even though we wouldn't be happy about it, I'm sure most of us would rather wait a bit longer than get an unfinished game we're not happy with. If that is the case.

As LV-426 says, "hope for the best, plan for the worst."

Thats good advice when waiting for games without solid release dates. And the spring release estimate didn't sound like it was set in stone. But we'll see.

Looking forward to the new stuff GBX have up their sleeve.

Last edited by Sh0dan; January 25th, 2012 at 05:09 AM.
Sh0dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2012, 06:10 PM   #45
Versinity
We are GOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0dan View Post
It would be hard, but my opinion is, we've waited this long, so we can wait a little longer if that is what it takes for the game to be ready. And even though we wouldn't be happy about it, I'm sure most of us would rather wait a bit longer than get an unfinished game we're not happy with. If that is the case.

As LV-426 says, "hope for the best, plan for the worst."

Thats good advice when waiting for games without solid release dates. And the spring release estimate didn't sound like it was set in stone. But we'll see.

Looking forward to the new stuff GBX have up their sleeve.
I agree 100%.
Old January 26th, 2012, 08:40 AM   #46
Newbeing
First Access Club Member

Welp we guessed it. Ikarop noticed on the website http://www.sega.com/alienscolonialmarines/ that the game is now listed for a fall release in 2012. Part of me is disappointed, but the other is glad because that demo was looking kinda rough when we saw it. Hopefully Gearbox and Timegate will be able to pull of some really great stuff with the additional months of development.

Last edited by Newbeing; January 26th, 2012 at 08:42 AM.
Newbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2012, 09:30 AM   #47
Kaisersoze
Thanks 3drealms for Duke

Duke Nukem Forever'd

Who am I kidding? I'll wait for this one as well!
Old January 26th, 2012, 10:24 AM   #48
bl patriot
Who wo wou wub?

Quote:

Dude it's been 24 hrs+ since you dropped this tidbit of a teaser.. now how about the cool azz stuffz already. jk
Old January 26th, 2012, 10:31 AM   #49
Ultragamer6

There isn't any crazy cool ass stuff just a DELAY
Ultragamer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2012, 10:46 AM   #50
XenoTrooper
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbeing View Post
Welp we guessed it. Ikarop noticed on the website http://www.sega.com/alienscolonialmarines/ that the game is now listed for a fall release in 2012. Part of me is disappointed, but the other is glad because that demo was looking kinda rough when we saw it. Hopefully Gearbox and Timegate will be able to pull of some really great stuff with the additional months of development.
*Eye-Twitch*

Another 6 month delay?Can't say i'm surprised,i thought it was suspicious spring was around the corner and the only advertisement i been seeing is borderlands 2,in fact it always seems colonial marines gets shoved off to the side whenever another gearbox game pops up,and this game has been in devolopment before the first borderlands,still if their willing to use the time to add in better gameplay and add in some extra hours of gameplay my complaints will be minimal,wouldnt be surprised if this game comes out in 2013,6 years in the making since game informer mentioned it.
XenoTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote