The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old February 8th, 2011, 11:56 PM   #21
qirien

Default Re: Freezing help for goty

I have the same problem with an 80GB PS3. I was able to play with no patches, but as soon as I install the latest patch, it freezes up all the time.
qirien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2012, 09:50 PM   #22
ukidme

I've encountered this exact freezing/crashing phenomenon. I started my GOTY edition without a problem until around level 22. That's when the crashes started. It worsened until I couldn't play longer that 2-3 minutes before freezing and rebooting. The internet was full of repeated info suggesting my PS3 was going out, or that I needed to delete and reinstall the game data files. I didn't buy a new PS3, but I did delete and reinstall the game data at least 30 different times (I suppose I'm a bit hard-headed and not very bright).

I use a PS3 60GB original release system, and it's flawless with movies, with blu-rays, and with every other game I play.

As part of my troubleshooting, I exchanged my GOTY edition for an old original Borderlands at the local Game Stop. I took it home, popped it in, deleted the old game data (yet again), saved the disc to the hard drive, downloaded/installed the 1.05 software patch, and started 'er up. BAM! Game froze within 3 minutes. Of course, I repeated this dance another couple times with the same result. I was giving up when I tried to set up without the 1.05 patch as a last ditch effort. I proceeded to play through the night! There were some glitchy graphics that worsened with time, and I froze on a loading screen twice, but there were hours of pure fun as I rose to level 28 on a nice binge of play.

Thinking I'd found the bug, I returned to Game Stop for my GOTY edition. Upon returning for more play, I became sorely aware that the screen asking me to install the 1.05 patch (which, as you've read, I planned to ignore) did not come up! It's apparently included on the GOTY disc. My system crashed twice within less than 10 minutes of play.

I now have no idea how to proceed short of trading in my game for the older version. While I may have found the culprit, I'm open to any suggested solutions. I hope my experiences might help those of you with the frustration of such troublesome problems in an otherwise thrilling game.
ukidme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2012, 12:57 PM   #23
grzajabarkus

I'm having an issue too. Though, I've tried this disc on my 60 gb ps3 and it works online. I also have the goty edition and on ny 80 gb ps3 it freezes online almost instantly. I bought a new 320 gb like I have in the 60, and I was confident that's what was wrong, but nope, I still freeze up. So far only online play. Oh ya, and I do have the latest updates and installs, 1.50 and about 2.3 gb of data. GB contacted me a few months and said the same stuff they told all you, about the router and hard drives and file restores and if none of that works its not there problem. Well, I'm sorry, but it kind of is. I have zero problems with any other games, except fallout 3 but that game is one of the buggiest games created.

Last edited by grzajabarkus; April 6th, 2012 at 03:20 PM.
grzajabarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2012, 03:21 PM   #24
grzajabarkus

I would like to add, coop splitscreen doesn't work either. This is seriously a mess. I'm confident it ous patch 1.50

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

BTW, why don't we all petition to get another patch. It's obvious 1.5 is messing up everything.
grzajabarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2012, 11:02 PM   #25
ukidme

Just finished the game. I started fighting the final boss, and it froze. Upon restarting, it says I've found Steele, but there's no boss to fight, no vault key, no nothing. I'm stuck here. This has to be the perfect ending to the glitchiest game experience I've ever had.
ukidme is offline   Reply With Quote