The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old March 28th, 2012, 12:04 PM   #1
EgoCity
First Access Club Member

Default Boosting in top 10?

I ain't played in 6 month and I was 4th in ps3 rankings, VegaX was 3rd SeedOfseph 2nd & Christianthegame 1st.

Came on yesterday and beat the hell outa 2 top10 players with no problem lol but question? How many top 10 are boosters? No 1 deffinatly is. jello (sp) I believe is legit but I hadn't seen any of these guys around before? And having 6 month off & kicking ass 2 on 3 on every game, clearly they don't play for competition?
EgoCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2012, 05:09 PM   #2
Jelley
First Access Club Member

Default Re: Boosting in top 10?

Everyone in the top 10 boosted except for Christianthegame. It's really sad that they waste their time doing the same monotonous thing over and over again just to have their name show up on a leaderboard. And no, I haven't boosted.
Jelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 10:45 PM   #3
x-paratroop
Nevertheless...

I could not give a f*** less about what they do on the leaderboard. (Their in-game skills tell a different story.) What pisses me off more than that are guys who come into games with auto-aim/turbo-fire controllers or hosts that use lag switches.

Last edited by x-paratroop; April 10th, 2012 at 10:46 PM.
x-paratroop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2012, 11:43 PM   #4
ALPHaRyuTaTSuMaKi

About an hour ago, I witnessed something else, while hosting a no mutator DM in Hollywood, in which a certain Top 10 ranker was able to shoot me, whilst reloading.

I took a moment to look at the rankings a little closer and some "Top Rankers" have had unrealistic XP/ Time Played ratios, while some others have apparently ranked up enough "Time Played" to make rainbowotterpopz blush.

The other thing that gets me is, how much a lot of them must ultimately suck, as I have little, to no problem beating a lot of them, if not by at least one or two kills. Even with my non-hosting ping range of 220-280 (AUS vs US) and with how I do against Jelley or EgoCity, here (eaten alive) these guys are clearly not worthy of being in the Top 100, where I am just outside of the Top 100, mostly due to my Time Playing MP, especially after reaching lvl 42.

EDIT: Another thing I am curious about, is some of these players seem to know where I am coming from, even in the case of myself being in an inside a building , whilst they are outside and there being no way to see through to which end of a building I am about to come out of. My suspicion being, that they are able to see our nametags, the same way your own team would, but regardless of the match type.

FURTHER: x-paratroop- I think I've noticed a few matches where, some players seem to have impecable aim for; the weapon they're using/ the distance they are firing from/ the fact that they are erratically flying around, with a Jetpack on and where I've come to ask myself the age old question- Who shot first?

Last edited by ALPHaRyuTaTSuMaKi; August 14th, 2012 at 12:18 AM.
ALPHaRyuTaTSuMaKi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2012, 04:35 AM   #5
Jelley
First Access Club Member

About half of the people in the top 10 suck. And even the ones that don't suck in the top 10 had to boost their way up just to get there. I'd be 2nd on the leaderboard if there was no boosters. Someone should make an alt account and have it be called "boosters_are_ losers" and boost it to the number 1 spot, all you have to do is get to lvl 40 and tape down R1 with the freeze ray on somebody not moving in a 2 person room limit. But honestly, who would even bother doing that? I just don't understand their motives to get to the top of the leaderbard on a game that isn't popular, especially when you make it obvious that you cheated just by looking at the stats.

And no, you can't see anyone's nametags unless the person is on your team. They must have saw you go inside the building and they were expecting you to be inside but you weren't expecting them so you didn't get to react as quickly as them.

And that reloading while shooting thing is just lag/desynching or whatever. I was hosting a game and I've seen it happen to one of my friends whose ping was in the 200's, he plays legitimately; he hardly ever even touches any of the explosive weapons despite the higher ping. On his screen it just shows him shooting regularly. It's sort of like how sometimes you see the enforcer bullets not explode when they hit you but still deal equal damage.

Not sure what you're getting at with the last paragraph, some people just have good aim? Holding L1 helps you aim accurately from far away. Christianthegame can destroy you with the pistol from any distance as long as it's in the bullet's range . . . and in infinite ammo . . . and when he's hosting.

Last edited by Jelley; August 14th, 2012 at 04:37 AM.
Jelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2012, 09:55 PM   #6
x-paratroop
Nevertheless...

I can believe that some guys are naturals at the game and are just plain good, but I know for damn sure people are using modded gear to get kills. There's just no way in hell someone can take you out with a pistol when you're running/bunnyhopping zig-zag across the screen.

I feel bad for players with high ping, I really do. I will never enter a game when that host ping is above 180, and if the players in the room are over 200 it becomes a slideshow. I've seen pings up and over 1000 and wonder how these guys can even stay in a room longer than 20 seconds.

Some of those guys in the Top 10 host rooms and leave 'em open without playing at all. I'd guess time played means a lot to them?
Old August 20th, 2012, 07:34 AM   #7
x-paratroop
Nevertheless...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelley View Post
Someone should make an alt account and have it be called "boosters_are_ losers"...
They did. It's called DUKE__BOOST__MEKUN.

Last edited by x-paratroop; December 21st, 2012 at 12:03 AM.
Old August 20th, 2012, 09:01 AM   #8
Northrawn
banned

The best idea is to ignore Leaderboards.

They will never be fair and you will always have people boosting, glitching, etc.

It is a system that can add to a game's value by providing the illusion (and nothing more) of a true skill rating to the masses out there.

The only way leaderboards could work in a way that they represent skill is in a controlled* 1on1 environment.

*) Have referees, have people play from the same location, etc...
Northrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2012, 08:25 PM   #9
000Iceman000

The #1 player spot on the Ps3 leaderboard what does he have score wise? Does the XP rest once you hit a number? just say 100mil?
000Iceman000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2012, 06:28 PM   #10
000Iceman000

Never mind I checked. Crazy how you all just have boosters. Over here 6 out of the top 10 play every day, friends of mine.
000Iceman000 is offline   Reply With Quote