The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old March 31st, 2012, 01:28 PM   #71
SpaceJockey
Xenomorph Creator

Default Re: Strength of Xenomorphs / close encounters

Well, if the Alien in Alien 3 was killing everyone in its way, don't you think that would be the smart thing to do?

You kill everyone, it's safer. That's obviously what happened in Aliens. The colonists were killed one by one. In ALIEN, the crew was killed one by one. Yes, there were hives in those films, but there could have been hives started in Alien 3. We don't see the entire prison after all.

And to help itself survive over the Queen was smarter. If it died trying to save the Queen, Ripley could have killed herself or someone could have done it for her. And then there'd be no Xenomorph left at all.

Then again, I'm probably just saying all of this since I'm one of the few who enjoy both cuts of Alien 3. Oh well.
Old April 2nd, 2012, 05:18 PM   #72
cancerinabottle
God

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceJockey View Post
Well, if the Alien in Alien 3 was killing everyone in its way, don't you think that would be the smart thing to do?

You kill everyone, it's safer. That's obviously what happened in Aliens. The colonists were killed one by one. In ALIEN, the crew was killed one by one. Yes, there were hives in those films, but there could have been hives started in Alien 3. We don't see the entire prison after all.

And to help itself survive over the Queen was smarter. If it died trying to save the Queen, Ripley could have killed herself or someone could have done it for her. And then there'd be no Xenomorph left at all.

Then again, I'm probably just saying all of this since I'm one of the few who enjoy both cuts of Alien 3. Oh well.
Yes, the colonists were killed one by one: by Chestbursters. Almost every colonist was captured and facehugged. To kill them would be a waste of "resources". Also, the death and consumption of almost every inmate is witnessed in A3, so it is not possible that any of the them could have been captured. Plus, the Xeno could have taken Ripley away before she even knew she had a Queen inside of her, giving her no reason to kill herself.
Old April 2nd, 2012, 06:50 PM   #73
SpaceJockey
Xenomorph Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cancerinabottle View Post
Yes, the colonists were killed one by one: by Chestbursters. Almost every colonist was captured and facehugged. To kill them would be a waste of "resources". Also, the death and consumption of almost every inmate is witnessed in A3, so it is not possible that any of the them could have been captured. Plus, the Xeno could have taken Ripley away before she even knew she had a Queen inside of her, giving her no reason to kill herself.
Alright, you got me there. It still confuses me, if it did do all of those things, isn't it possible the inmates could have still killed it? I mean, it was pretty much screwed unless it made them into eggs. But since Aliens took that part away from the lifecycle, I don't think there was much choice.
Old April 2nd, 2012, 06:53 PM   #74
Chris!(($$))!
Waiting for A:CM!

ALIENS didn't take away the egg morphing. It just opened the books up to different alternatives.
Chris!(($$))! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2012, 08:51 AM   #75
Thestig123x

This whole discussion here seems OT, I don't see what the alien life cycle has anything to do with topic, and randy said that this game doesn't deal with all that stuff regarding the xeno life cycle, all avp games have stuck with the queen being the creator of aliens, I don't think in this game will be any different...
Thestig123x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2012, 11:17 AM   #76
Sh0dan
Immortal Machine

Thestig123x is correct, you guys should try to bring the discussion back on-topic. If you want to discuss the movies exclusively then its fine to do that in the the Aliens EU section, but in here its best to keep topics relevant to the game and not get too sidetracked.

Last edited by Sh0dan; April 3rd, 2012 at 11:19 AM.
Sh0dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2012, 05:14 PM   #77
Chris!(($$))!
Waiting for A:CM!

Okay then, the Xenos need to be strong as ****!

Chris!(($$))! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2012, 06:18 PM   #78
cancerinabottle
God

^Sounds like fun!
Old April 4th, 2012, 01:59 PM   #79
Salt The Fries

Send a message via AIM to Salt The Fries Send a message via MSN to Salt The Fries Send a message via Yahoo to Salt The Fries

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XgLs...ature=youtu.be

fast forward to 2:13, he hits the Xeno with pulse rifle's butt and it staggers the Xeno!!! What the hell??? Please, even if it's for balancing n'**** this can't be in the final version...

even if someone like him would've done the same, it still shouldn't have any effect on Xeno.

Hey, guys... There's a lot of people here and... Not everyone had an orange, um...

If I'm an ass, I should say so. If I don't, somebody else will. If I say it first, that disarms them.
Salt The Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2012, 02:43 PM   #80
Sh0dan
Immortal Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt The Fries View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XgLs...ature=youtu.be

fast forward to 2:13, he hits the Xeno with pulse rifle's butt and it staggers the Xeno!!! What the hell??? Please, even if it's for balancing n'**** this can't be in the final version...

even if someone like him would've done the same, it still shouldn't have any effect on Xeno.
Obviously I was against it too earlier, but after watching how intimidating and dangerous the xenos are in the new build, well.. it kinda makes me think that maybe a last resort melee defence isnt such a bad thing after all.

Dont get me wrong, I hated the mechanic in AvP3, but at the same time, I can see how it might be necessary for some form of last resort defensive mechanics to prevent the game from being frustrating.

We've talked about dodge rolls in place of melee, but in tight confines how well would that really work?