The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Gearbox Games > Borderlands 2 > BL2 General Discussion (No Spoilers!)

Closed Thread

Old April 3rd, 2012, 11:51 AM   #21
GWP

Default Re: Please tell me the 2 Playthroughs has been scrapped?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade John View Post
Man. I don't want to grind all the way to the endgame. I only want the endgame. The place where I spend hours doing the same things over and over again, expecting different rewards.

Wait a second... Isn't that the definition of a word? Doing the same thing over and over again while expecting different rewards? lol.
Insanity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handsome Jack View Post
Nothing stopping you from doing both playthroughs. Busy with work/family? Take a break, come back to it when you have time. Just take your time when you're playing, enjoy it. Don't stress over end game stuff because after a while EVERYONE will be max level.

If you don't like doing PT.2 straight away after PT.1 because it'll seem boring, either go play something else for abit or play it with freinds. Seriously, co-op helps so much in the 'fun' department.

And hopefully there will be some sort of scaling/enemy/level system built in from the start and won't mess up no matter what DLC they'll throw at us.
This

Hmm perhaps I hated the non auto-scaling in BL1 just as much as the 2PT tedium.

Last edited by GWP; April 3rd, 2012 at 11:57 AM.
Old April 3rd, 2012, 11:56 AM   #22
watho
Dance Commander

Send a message via Skype™ to watho
Default Why

I made another post, see ya in a few months.
Old April 3rd, 2012, 12:00 PM   #23
GnawIron
Blatant subtlety

Location: A position or site occupied or available for occupancy or marked by some distinguishing feature
Send a message via Skype™ to GnawIron

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWP View Post
As I dont get this post.
Two playthroughs of the same story is just... well... tedious.

Not to mention DLC totally messing up the scaling system when it arrives.. Being over levelled was/is the worst thing in BL1...EVA!
So you must be one of those people who plays a game once, beats it, then never touches it again. That's not how BL and these types of games work. They are intended for people to play over and over. IMO playing ONLY two playthoughs with one character isn't enough. I would actually love new game ++++++++s so I can keep playing the story over and over while the game continues to get more difficult.

^Click for a list of wonderful threads around the forum^
Avy and Sig by Mirrorada
Steam Profile
Old April 3rd, 2012, 12:04 PM   #24
deathwings51
Occult + Demolition :D

I think OP will be happy playing other games or equally happy playing only PT1 and do all missions, fight all bosses if scaling was fixed. Am I right ? No need to kill the game for all of us here by scraping PTs. I had a few characters in BL1 where I only did story and never returned back to them. Think I got back what I payed for. But I did enjoy playing it over and again.

The idea is to fu*ck sh*t up on a level sh*t has not been fu*ked up before

Old April 3rd, 2012, 12:05 PM   #25
GWP

Why indeed.
The way I see it 2 playthroughs = lack of main quest content.

Although things will be different for me this time round...
PC instead of xblok .. I just remembered about that

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwings51 View Post
I think OP will be happy playing other games or equally happy playing only PT1 and do all missions, fight all bosses if scaling was fixed. Am I right ? No need to kill the game for all of us here by scraping PTs. I had a few characters in BL1 where I only did story and never returned back to them. Think I got back what I payed for. But I did enjoy playing it over and again.
Well kinda.... If players are happy going through it a billion times thats up to them, but why should everyone be forced to do it more than once per character?

Play once... open up the equivelent of 2.5, play which ever mission / boss / mini-boss you would like to reach max level... including a second / third playthrough if you so wish. Open the game up at this point and have no worries about over levelling scenario's.

Last edited by GWP; April 3rd, 2012 at 12:14 PM.
Old April 3rd, 2012, 12:07 PM   #26
watho
Dance Commander

Send a message via Skype™ to watho
Default My logics

Quote:
Why indeed.
The way I see it 2 playthroughs = lack of main quest content.

Although things will be different for me this time round...
PC instead of xblok .. I just remembered about that
I would rather play through a shorter story twice than play through a longer story that runs out of ideas.

I made another post, see ya in a few months.
Old April 3rd, 2012, 12:14 PM   #27
aether seraph
pimp

your forgetting the allure of leveling up, and i daresay are unaware of the addiction that is borderlands. The devs put a lot of work into making the core game a worthwhile experience. End game is the minority. People need a scripted finish to the game which is achieved after leveling. Try re-rolling a toon. And just play the game to play it. Not with the end game goal in mind. Finding a crappy legendary is GAME CHANGING.

The core of borderlands is that two playthrough experience. You may have marginalized it with your mindset, turning it into nothing but grind... but the majority grasp the worth of what you call tedium. Plus leveling is a staple of the rpg half of this game. The first playtrough is figuring it all out. The second is a seasoned experience. The value of money, vendors, and the loot system itself are designed to occur during the leveling up part of the game... at end game they are all broken... money is pointless, vendors are full of garbage, and you have become desensitized to guns to the point that you pass without a glance something that would've made your jaw drop during the MAIN GAME. It's sad.

I also find it crazy that you want the end-game that never ends if you have no time to play. Usually people with limited time dont find that part of the game alluring enough. I strongly suggest you delete your saves and start over, because it seems to me you have no idea what this game is about. It isnt about having all the best gear, its about kicking f*cking ass with whatever you can get your grubby hands on. Whats the point of playing to get guns if you dont have a real use for them?

Last edited by aether seraph; April 5th, 2012 at 11:33 PM.
Old April 3rd, 2012, 12:19 PM   #28
{FM}BBQ
Gearbox Loyalty Class-Mod

Quote:
At present all I can find on the matter is indicating the system will be the same as BL1.... Really?
So those of us with jobs / lives to get on with will find it excrutiatingly tedious to get just one character to the end game stuff 'ala crawmerax / Knoxx Armoury BL1.'

For me this PT 1/2/2.5 NONSENSE is a game killer.

Discuss.
When Bls1 came out i was working 40hrs a week, I was married and have a kid of 5yrs old.

i have over 36days of gameplay on my xbox360 with Borderlands at the end of Claptraps New Robo-Revolution.

I am Still married, I am still a father and As soon as i get my house fixed up and sold so we can move back to California i will be working approximately 50hrs a week. I have no doubt i will still have time to play all 4 characters thru the entirety of the game in all playthroughs.

I fail to see your complaint sir, unless you work 80hrs a week.. then you'd only be able to achieve about 18days of gameplay in the same time that i did.

considering that it only took 40hrs of gameplay to get a given character thru both PT1&2 (160hrs or 6.66r days of gameplay for all 4 characters) your complaint seems weak....

at least from my perception.

and yes. i have a life outside of gaming as well.

do you just not play for more than 30mins a day and only twice a week or something?

I heard they are going to nerf praying, might put a lock out timer on that. - Iceberg

Last edited by {FM}BBQ; April 3rd, 2012 at 12:20 PM.
Old April 3rd, 2012, 12:28 PM   #29
Dwakel
Wub Wub Wub

Grinding. That's what RPG is all about. Doing your best to get the best gears in the game. You don't need to rush. In fact the playthrough 1 prepares you for Playthrough 2. If there's no Playthrough 2, what would be the point of playing the game again? I don't have a job(since I'm still a student) but I managed to finish the game quickly even in 4 save files with the weekly quizzes, projects and exams.
Old April 3rd, 2012, 12:30 PM   #30
MR CauSe iM GoD
The Hot Siren

Quote:
Originally Posted by aether seraph View Post
I also find it crazy that you want the end-game that never ends if you have no time to play. Ususally people with limited time dont find that part of the game alluring enough. I strongly suggest you delete your saves and start over, because it seems to me you have no idea what this game is about. It isnt about having all the best gear, its about kicking f*cking ass with whatever you can get your grubby hands on. Whats the point of playing to get guns if you dont have a real use for them?
This! I think all if not most of us forgot about those guns we could get are grubby hands on. When we were all leveling up. Like Seraph said this game is about kicking major ass.
Closed Thread