The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Furious 4 [Closed] > Furious 4 News

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 4th, 2011, 01:00 PM   #91
Space
Hello

Default Re: Furious 4 Announced at E3!

Looks like a straight rip-off of Inglorious Basterds. I thought Hell's Highway was dissapointing, I can't even fathom this.

Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. A Marine doesn't have that problem.
Old December 7th, 2011, 08:50 PM   #92
trustn0!
Ballin

Did anyone even watch Inglorious?
Yes there were scenes that is obvious inspired F4 but FFS Bastards wasnt about Nazi Killing it was about the power of stories and Films with the nazi killing as very light garnish
It wasnt a action film
Old December 11th, 2011, 01:29 AM   #93
WinningD4
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustn0! View Post
Did anyone even watch Inglorious?
Yes there were scenes that is obvious inspired F4 but FFS Bastards wasnt about Nazi Killing it was about the power of stories and Films with the nazi killing as very light garnish
It wasnt a action film
This. Furious 4 looks like mindless Nazi killing, Inglorious Basterds had like...2 or 3 action scenes..it was mostly story.
Old December 12th, 2011, 05:59 PM   #94
Space
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space View Post
Looks like a straight rip-off of Inglorious Basterds. I thought Hell's Highway was dissapointing, I can't even fathom this.
This.

Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. A Marine doesn't have that problem.
Old February 5th, 2012, 05:37 PM   #95
Jeremy Cross
Appetite For Destruction

I've been looking into Furious Four to try find were the inspirations cam efrom for this game. It may not suffice those who have grown to love the realistic games that it's known for. but maybe the game might actually be good if you look at it at a different angle and with a different perspective.

You don't Play, You Volunteer - Medal of Honor

Plenty of Halos where you are going.

John 3:16
Old February 17th, 2012, 06:41 PM   #96
deskxal
xalener... at a desk

They are unable to do that. It's kinda the whole issue. They've soaked their minds in the filth of simulated realism, and now anything slightly illogical could make them go insane. They're just weak. They'll get mad and forget it when the next actual BIA game comes out.

Last edited by deskxal; February 17th, 2012 at 06:42 PM.
Old February 18th, 2012, 09:26 PM   #97
Robert_Cole
He Who Knows The Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by deskxal View Post
They are unable to do that. It's kinda the whole issue. They've soaked their minds in the filth of simulated realism, and now anything slightly illogical could make them go insane. They're just weak. They'll get mad and forget it when the next actual BIA game comes out.
All that could be avoided by taking the name off of it....we aren't opposed to GBX developing their own games, we're just opposed to them tying the name to a game that's ruinous to itself.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 01:23 PM   #98
ColonelCrispy

My eyes! This cannot be unseen! Please, PLEASE give us a PROPER follow up to Hell's Highway. I'll probably play this Battlefield: Bad Company 3, er, The Furious 4 game cuz I want to chainsaw some poor saps (MadWorld still blows my mind), but I might myself longing for the real sequel to HH.
Old April 5th, 2012, 09:53 AM   #99
Le_Moine

What about this game ? Have you got a release date ? Some news ?
Old May 7th, 2012, 04:30 PM   #100
Champion puffa
borderaddict.

yea id love some news on this game. ive never played BIA games before never really been a fan of the ww1/2 type games they never really did it for me an always seemed the same( granted ive never played tehm so cant say wot they are like). kinda like all COD games are just fps shooters set in world war type settings they dont erally appeal to me as if ive got one ive got em all it seems. BUT the trailer for this game seems to have changed that. i defo want to play this game an give it a try. i dunno wot all the fuss is about really, i mean i can see peoples point but its not like they are replacing the BIA franchise with this game an changing its style for good, they are not. its just a different branch of the brand. kinda like if they made a borderlands that had realistic graphics etc. they are still gonna make more BIA games like the original, i suppose they just wanna try to attract more customers to the BIA brand an it seems to be working for them as i will likely play this an also maybe even the next BIA game that holds true to its predecessors. id likely never touch the next BIA game if it were not for this game.
im suprirsed there isnt more info on this game yet.
in a way i hope it is like borderlands but with the ww2 kinda theme if they can make this an openworld ww2 game with borderlands elements id love it an itd be the first ww2 game ive played in a very long time.

BL1 total pearls:36
1 stalker, 3 bessie, 2 avenger, 2 nemesis, 4 undertaker, 3 tsunami, 1 rose, 2 ironclad, 1 omega

BL2 pearls: