The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Furious 4 [Closed] > Furious 4 General Discussion

View Poll Results: Are you supporting and buynig this game?
Nope, no matter how good, I will not support/buy this 47 37.60%
Heck yeah it looks awesome! 55 44.00%
Not sure 23 18.40%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 23rd, 2012, 11:56 PM   #71
Jeremy Cross
Appetite For Destruction

Default Re: Are you supporting and buying this game?

Of course, But first there needs to be more information about it's release.

You don't Play, You Volunteer - Medal of Honor

Plenty of Halos where you are going.

John 3:16
Old February 28th, 2012, 10:27 AM   #72
deskxal
xalener... at a desk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragovich View Post
Maybe the game will be awesome but it's not what i want from a brothers in arms title.

I'm getting the feeling from GB that there's gonna be a shitload of upcoming titles with the BIA name that we wouldn't expect. Like they said, BIA is going to be like Tom Clancy. A franchise, not a series. I'm sure there's gonna be a continuation of the originals.... along with probably a whole bunch of other series as well.

I foresee (and kinda hope for) an RTS, some small scale mobile installments, probably a modern BIA, maybe even a futuristic BIA...

The way I see it, whether or not anyone gets this, there's going to be way more alternatives that no one saw coming.
Old March 1st, 2012, 07:41 AM   #73
BugsBunny
First Access Club Member

Nah, I have nothing to do with this game at all. Nothing in this game interests me even 1 %, unfortunately.
Old April 12th, 2012, 05:44 PM   #74
Gazmeister83

No definitely not, it's downright disrespectful to Brothers in Arms.
Old April 12th, 2012, 06:47 PM   #75
Damien_Azreal
The Spiffy One

I refuse to outright say "I won't buy this, blah, blah" as I don't know.
We've seen almost nothing from the game... and know even less about it's gameplay styles and story.

We've gotten one "teaser" trailer to kind of set the style. And have seen nothing since.

Yes, I'm incredibly disappointed that this game isn't the official "BiA 4" to follow up Hell's Highway and continue Sgt. Bakers story.
But, I'm not going to blindly say "this game will suck". I enjoy GBX's games and I'm sure this one will be a fun experience. It just won't be the BiA experience people/fans are used to.

Randy did say that GBX is very much invested in Sgt. Baker's story and they do plan to return to him in the future.
As for Furious 4, I'm going to wait and see how it shapes up. I'm sure once Borderlands 2 and Aliens are out the door we'll begin to see and hear more about BiA:F4 and get a better idea on how it is.

Not insulting anyone, but IMO, it's foolish to blindly say this game won't be worth it just because it's different.
Yes, I dislike it being called Brothers in Arms as well. And yes, I wish it was called something else. But, I love GBX and I'm willing to trust them and give them a chance to prove me wrong.

Upcoming Games: Alien: Isolation, Dying Light, The Evil Within
Old April 13th, 2012, 09:44 AM   #76
deskxal
xalener... at a desk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien_Azreal View Post
I refuse to outright say "I won't buy this, blah, blah" as I don't know.
We've seen almost nothing from the game... and know even less about it's gameplay styles and story.

We've gotten one "teaser" trailer to kind of set the style. And have seen nothing since.

Yes, I'm incredibly disappointed that this game isn't the official "BiA 4" to follow up Hell's Highway and continue Sgt. Bakers story.
But, I'm not going to blindly say "this game will suck". I enjoy GBX's games and I'm sure this one will be a fun experience. It just won't be the BiA experience people/fans are used to.

Randy did say that GBX is very much invested in Sgt. Baker's story and they do plan to return to him in the future.
As for Furious 4, I'm going to wait and see how it shapes up. I'm sure once Borderlands 2 and Aliens are out the door we'll begin to see and hear more about BiA:F4 and get a better idea on how it is.

Not insulting anyone, but IMO, it's foolish to blindly say this game won't be worth it just because it's different.
Yes, I dislike it being called Brothers in Arms as well. And yes, I wish it was called something else. But, I love GBX and I'm willing to trust them and give them a chance to prove me wrong.

Agree, even though no one seems to get what Gearbox is doing with the BIA name even though they've stated it outright multiple times.

Last edited by deskxal; April 13th, 2012 at 09:46 AM.
Old April 21st, 2012, 06:16 PM   #77
jmoney1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazmeister83 View Post
No definitely not, it's downright disrespectful to Brothers in Arms.
I think the devs have realized this, hopefully its been canned. And honestly I think it might be since we haven't heard ANYTHING about it.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 08:46 AM   #78
deskxal
xalener... at a desk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoney1 View Post
I hope all those hard working developers spent a year or more of their lives on nothing. That will show those paid workers for making a game.
You people.
Old May 11th, 2012, 12:52 PM   #79
hellcat420

no
Old June 20th, 2012, 12:33 AM   #80
BridgetFisher
First Access Club Member

This game from what I can tell may be a sleeper hit. There have been SO MANY war games made lately that they all kind of look the same and feel the same. Boring and plain. now with furious and its awesome art style, and fun, its going to revitalize a dead market. Count me in as getting it! realistic games bore me, If I want real I could just go outside. Plus their really not realistic since you just magically respawn. Games should be fun!!! Realism is not fun, I can stare out my window for that.