The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Gearbox Games > Borderlands > BL Class Discussion

Old April 28th, 2012, 11:29 AM   #1
AskACapper

Default Looking for the MP3s of COM comments Marcus & ClapT + Class Mod Question

I wanna use them in a video... I'll take a link to every sound file if available.

What is the deal with "Mods" that are more expensive/higher level but with equal or less bonuses? Is there a benefit to running higher classes of mod units?

Thanks BL n00b!
Old April 28th, 2012, 12:18 PM   #2
duskrand04
First Access Club Member

Default Re: Looking for the MP3s of COM comments Marcus & ClapT + Class Mod Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskACapper View Post
Is there a benefit to running higher classes of mod units?
No. You can just sell them at a higher price. The bonus is what counts, not the level that they can be equipped at. Higher "model numbers" have more bonuses, but the "level" is more or less irrelevant.

Last edited by duskrand04; April 28th, 2012 at 12:20 PM.
duskrand04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2012, 12:41 PM   #3
Frightning_Lightning
The quick and the dead

Default Re: Looking for the MP3s of COM comments Marcus & ClapT + Class Mod Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by duskrand04 View Post
No. You can just sell them at a higher price. The bonus is what counts, not the level that they can be equipped at. Higher "model numbers" have more bonuses, but the "level" is more or less irrelevant.
The level will boost the bonuses some, but the parts do most the work. The best class mods are level 55 660s and level 55 650s that have 5 bonuses. (1st line effect, 3 skill boosts, and another 5th line bonus). For both the skill boosts are +4/+3/+3 with the +4 on any of the 3 bonuses.

As for the audio to lines in the game, I think some people pulled all that info a LONG time ago, forgot where they put it though, some judicious google searching may find it.
Frightning_Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2012, 02:06 PM   #4
duskrand04
First Access Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frightning_Lightning View Post
The level will boost the bonuses some, but the parts do most the work. The best class mods are level 55 660s and level 55 650s that have 5 bonuses. (1st line effect, 3 skill boosts, and another 5th line bonus). For both the skill boosts are +4/+3/+3 with the +4 on any of the 3 bonuses.
Theoretically. However, it is possible to have two COMs that have the exact same bonuses but different 'levels", or even a lower "level" COM to have better bonuses. That's what the OP means, and in those cases the only difference is the price.
duskrand04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2012, 02:24 PM   #5
AskACapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by duskrand04 View Post
Theoretically. However, it is possible to have two COMs that have the exact same bonuses but different 'levels", or even a lower "level" COM to have better bonuses. That's what the OP means, and in those cases the only difference is the price.
Exactly I could've dropped 1.5mil for a level 46 mod today but my level 25 was just as good (better in my opinion

Last edited by AskACapper; April 28th, 2012 at 02:26 PM.
AskACapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2012, 08:13 PM   #6
Doctor Kumquat

The main issue is that a level 25 maxed out (660) 5-line mod will be way way better than a low quality level 55 mod, but the sale price is affected more by the level than the parts. Mods of comparable level should have the sale price reflect on the parts quality, but to a lesser extent than level differentials. On that note, my Siren was fortunate enough to score a L20ish 660 Merc mod with ammo regen, and didnt change it out until PT2 Knoxx because there was no REASON to change it out.
Doctor Kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2012, 08:19 PM   #7
AskACapper

agree price / level should effect mod