The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old May 2nd, 2012, 09:41 AM   #11
Dark Rabbit
3DRe Decepticon

Default Re: Duke Nukem 5 Idea: Buck

Maybe, instead of a dog as a permanant sidekick, he's mainly another optional 'weapon' that Duke could keep in his arsonal? It could be a rare item that Duke only gets if he explores and can find it in secret/hidden areas.

How about this: Duke finds a caged EDF/police dog in a barracks kennel while he's wandering around doing Duke things. Duke gives it a few treats (if he releases it) and it becomes attached to him. However, instead of always being in plain sight, whenever the player wants to 'use' the dog, there is an option in the additional weapons slot that when activated, Duke takes some dog treats out of his pocket and calls the dog to him. The dog arrives, and Duke gives the commnand to 'sic' on whatever is attacking.

However, the dog would have a 'limit use' meter in that after the dog takes on too much damage, it dies.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 12:21 PM   #12
pjVgt
Naytard and Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rabbit View Post
Maybe, instead of a dog as a permanant sidekick, he's mainly another optional 'weapon' that Duke could keep in his arsonal? It could be a rare item that Duke only gets if he explores and can find it in secret/hidden areas.
Around 2002 I wrote some made-up DNF scenario - Duke had cloned midgets called Mini Dukes. They shot shrink-rays and kicked shrunken enemies to death.
"...do ya want to taste Goofy's magic milk kiddo? It smells little fishy but damn it is good - it will make ya grow big and strong. But you must first lick my warm cherry lollipop on my thumb to get it. I have it right here - in my..."
pjVgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2012, 04:42 PM   #13
MrBlackCat
Not De-clawed...

Hehehe... this reminds me of the Cujo Mod for Quake...
Although I saw a couple of versions of it, the one I had gave you a Hound of Hell you could release like a weapon and he fought any enemy that attacked you as I remember. You used an impulse code to drop in a dog... or just bound a key.

MrBlackCat
Old May 4th, 2012, 04:56 PM   #14
Snejku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rabbit View Post

How about this: Duke finds a caged EDF/police dog in a barracks kennel while he's wandering around doing Duke things. Duke gives it a few treats (if he releases it) and it becomes attached to him. However, instead of always being in plain sight, whenever the player wants to 'use' the dog, there is an option in the additional weapons slot that when activated, Duke takes some dog treats out of his pocket and calls the dog to him. The dog arrives, and Duke gives the commnand to 'sic' on whatever is attacking.

However, the dog would have a 'limit use' meter in that after the dog takes on too much damage, it dies.
Perfect!
Snejku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 03:11 AM   #15
ScarredBushido

i think a pitbull would suit Dukes personality. Mainly because Pitbulls are fighting breed.
ScarredBushido is offline   Reply With Quote