The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Gearbox Games > Borderlands 2 > BL2 Class and Character Talk > Zer0 the Assassin

Old September 19th, 2012, 09:26 PM   #1
Teppil

Default Critical ascension: decays waaay too fast

Title basically says it all, it decays after about 6 seconds. For some reason I felt like this was a move you could build up as you progressed through a dungeon.

I think a good fix would be to either make it delay slower OR have the 6 second delay happen for each charge u build. Right now its hard to build more than 5 stacks or so, don't know why they tease with the 999. Guess its good for boss fights or something like that.

Anyone have thoughts?
Teppil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2012, 10:09 PM   #2
Suffur

Default Re: Critical ascension: decays waaay too fast

Wow, if its 6 seconds that is harsh.
Suffur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2012, 10:17 PM   #3
LawnGnome
Additional Pylons

Building it up as you progress through a dungeon would be way too overpowered. If you want that then you might as well just have a gun that kills everything in one hit. Sniper rifles already murder face with Zer0's regular critical hit boosts. It's a nice little boost to snipers that can pull off a lot critical hits per fight. If you don't like the decay then you can always go further down cunning instead and give yourself a chance to boost damage with Tw0 Fang.

Steam ID: safetyfist (Display Name: TuxedoCat) PSN: MentalDisruption
LawnGnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2012, 04:11 AM   #4
Hogger

It's meant for big encounters. If you could build it up playing all the time it would be way too strong.
Hogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2012, 04:46 AM   #5
wreckem
sh0gun

What is it with gamers today wanting overpowered [potentially] game breaking mechanics?

It is designed for those big boss fights. You will not even need that 999 bonus on lesser enemies. A 6 second delay fits perfectly with 5 seconds for max bonus in Kill C0nfirmed. IF delay stacked over kills, one could potentially make it last for minutes with increased damage.

For theorotical purposes only, what would you prefer?

Way it is now.

Or.

1. You get 1 sec to get next crit.
2. Stacks decay at rate of 5% or 1 stack [whichever is higher] per second and at 20 seconds you lose all stacks.
3. So, it is tough to stack em up, but they don't all decay as quickly.
dupe [doop, dyoop] verb (used with object): deceive, delude, trick, cheat, fool, bamboozle, trick.
wreckem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2012, 06:34 AM   #6
Greenpants

Well to be fair they did say stacks decay "slowly". I don't think 6 seconds is slow unless you're a humming bird.
Greenpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2012, 09:29 AM   #7
TheGlow

6 seconds per stack maybe. Or some sort of cumulative loss, 6 secs lose 1, next 6 lose 2.
Knowing it can hit 999 and never getting there, kind of sucks.
The more I debate, the more I think I wont go full Sniping. Probably up to B0re, and debating 1 shot 1 kill/velocity.
TheGlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2012, 10:31 AM   #8
Blackbeltsaru

I feel that 6 seconds is a little to short. If you are using a sniper rifle with a higher reload time then it would be difficult, or impossible to get a higher stack than your clip size (Which admittedly can be as much as 13) I feel that increasing to 7 or maybe 8 seconds would fix this issue. I also feel the wording on the skill itself is misleading. They say it will decay after time in a way that implies there is a much longer decay time.
Blackbeltsaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2012, 01:34 PM   #9
Athirst5IoN

So, are you guys saying that you have 6 seconds to get as many stacks as possible, and then after those 6 seconds it goes back to 0?

Or

Do you have 6 seconds to try and get the next stack, and if you don't then it goes back to 0? Meaning - when you get a critical hit the 6 seconds starts over...
Athirst5IoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2012, 01:40 PM   #10
TheCuteSquirrel
Taking Action Skills

I got 56 stacks, it doesn't decay that fast.

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athirst5IoN View Post
So, are you guys saying that you have 6 seconds to get as many stacks as possible, and then after those 6 seconds it goes back to 0?

Or

Do you have 6 seconds to try and get the next stack, and if you don't then it goes back to 0? Meaning - when you get a critical hit the 6 seconds starts over...
It's the second one.

Welcome to Pandora, kiddos.
TheCuteSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote