The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old September 20th, 2012, 04:08 PM   #31
Rouge7

Default Re: Do no harm quest Bugged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishRebel View Post
I don't believe it is. The only thing left to do with that quest is turn it back in to Zed. I believe you can still get his other quests.
Thanks for the quick reply. Hope that's right, I thought they were now blocked because they're both stuck in a dialogue loop of 'you done that job yet' or similar.
Rouge7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2012, 04:11 PM   #32
IrishRebel
The Gaelic Non-Conformist

Send a message via Skype™ to IrishRebel

I honestly can't tell you. I got mine fixed by helping another friend through it and that completed it for me. I have since received quests, but they may not have been available to me yet as I couldn't access Sanctuary at that time regardless.
IrishRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2012, 06:26 PM   #33
UnSurreal

Also stuck on this quest... =\
UnSurreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2012, 07:00 PM   #34
Rouge7

In relation to my own question a few posts above, I've done a couple more optional missions elsewhere and come back to Sanctuary - Tannis now has the exclamation mark above her character indicating more missions but I cannot get past her stuck dialogue from the bugged first meeting.

So... Tannis and Zed ARE permanently stuck for solo players until patched. I just hope this is not a massive chunk of the game I'm missing, they are 2 major Borderlands characters?
Old September 20th, 2012, 08:00 PM   #35
FaceAche

Rouge7, are you sure it's not the Lilith missions that are for the exclamation mark? I thought the same thing, but realised that Lilith was upstairs at the Crimson HQ; the exclamation mark disappeared when i accepted her missions.

Anyway, i'm also having this glitch on the 360 version. I can't recall 100% if i've had the Tannis cutscene. But i don't think i have. I've tried logging in with a different profile and character for split-screen co-op, and get no cutscene with that character, with Tannis asking if i've completed the task.

It's doing my head in - hope there's a patch for it soon.
FaceAche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2012, 08:12 PM   #36
Rouge7

Thanks for that, I have recently found Lilith so you may be right. Didn't look upstairs. Need to know from someone without the glitch what the first Zed or Tannis quest is after Do No Harm to find out if other quests will be available. Doubt it personally, they can't get out of their dialogue loop.

Edit - And yeah, it's doing my head in too! Carrying on, but huge doubt in the back of my mind that I'm missing part of the game.

Last edited by Rouge7; September 20th, 2012 at 08:13 PM.
Old September 20th, 2012, 09:15 PM   #37
FaceAche

Yeah, i doubt people with the glitch will be able to progress the Zed/Tannis missions without it being fixed. And it sounds like restarting with another character doesn't necessarily fix it either.

I have to admit, i'm quite bummed out by it really - it's taken the shine off what has otherwise been a great experience so far.

I'm going to try it with some online-co-op later today with a friend, so maybe him turning it in after joining my game might work. He's not far behind my game progress, so if him joining my game doesn't work, i'll try joining his and seeing if it fixes it when we get to the mission.
Old September 20th, 2012, 10:21 PM   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #38
SteveJ
GBX

Alright, I have a fix ready for QA and if all goes well it will be included in a future update. This fix will prevent the bug from happening and for those already hit by this issue it will automatically make the quest ready to turn in.

In the meantime,
- To avoid this issue be sure the Tannis cut scene plays *before* you talk her.
- To workaround this issue join another player's game and complete this quest with them.
SteveJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2012, 11:35 PM   #39
FaceAche

That's good news, thanks Steve.
Old September 21st, 2012, 03:40 AM   #40
Rouge7

Thanks Steve. I'm ready to start a new character, get to Sanctuary, and then splitscreen co-op my glitched character in to complete this quest. But... I haven't as I'm scared of the badass points reset glitch happening.

Instead of being excited on my second day with the game I'm sat here wondering what to do - push on and miss out whole Tannis or Zed storylines (if not game breaking), or risk permanently losing my badass points with another glitch and being worse off!