The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old September 20th, 2012, 12:52 PM   #1
TheFlash

Default No Michael on PC?

As you guys know, right in the beggining, as you reach sanctuary you should find Michael Mamaril and he'll give you a rare weapon. I've been looking for an youtube video with his spawn locations, and in the comments I found people saying that he's nowhere to be found on the PC version of the game. Can someone confirm this?
TheFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2012, 12:53 PM   #2
Gibberson

Default Re: No Michael on PC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlash View Post
As you guys know, right in the beggining, as you reach sanctuary you should find Michael Mamaril and he'll give you a rare weapon. I've been looking for an youtube video with his spawn locations, and in the comments I found people saying that he's nowhere to be found on the PC version of the game. Can someone confirm this?
I found him the 1st time I went to Sanctuary standing up to the bar by the slots. It was the last time he's been there after hours and hours of searching and logging in and out.
Gibberson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2012, 12:54 PM   #3
Foggle
Damn, a security crate!

According to the Steam global achievement stats, he does indeed appear in the PC version, but very rarely. I've rooted through Sanctuary 10+ times and not seen him a single time. His encounter rate seems to be bugged on PC.
Foggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2012, 12:55 PM   #4
Blazur
Bazilionith Member

Checked a few times last night in all the known locations (PC) but never found him. Does he only spawn at certain point during the game?

Steam: blazur
Blazur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2012, 12:59 PM   #5
Dungeoness
Priestess of the Firehawk

Send a message via AIM to Dungeoness Send a message via Skype™ to Dungeoness

Here's some good info on Michael's back story and how to find him. Also, I'm not sure if the assumption that he is present the first time you enter Sanctuary is correct necessarily. I was probably 11-13 when I first found him at the HQ, after doing a few missions.
Dungeoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2012, 07:55 PM   #6
lugsy

Repeatedly check every spot and still have not found him on Pc something is def wrong seeing that people on xbox/ps3 are saying everytime they go they find him for a free item.
lugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2012, 08:15 PM   #7
Stripy Blobs

This is meant to be a spoiler free subforum. Please edit your post so you dont ruin the experience for any more people.
Stripy Blobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2012, 08:44 PM   #8
bigdug13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoness View Post
Here's some good info on Michael's back story and how to find him. Also, I'm not sure if the assumption that he is present the first time you enter Sanctuary is correct necessarily. I was probably 11-13 when I first found him at the HQ, after doing a few missions.
But are you playing on PC? If not, that doesn't count. His encounter rate is not bugged on any of the consoles.
bigdug13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2012, 09:00 PM   #9
shikamaru31789
Certifiably Insane

Michael seems to dissapear completely after a certain point in the story. Boy do I miss him.

Level 36 Zer0
Level 24 Axton
Level 36 Gaige
shikamaru31789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2012, 09:02 PM   #10
Darth Nikon
banned

I have found him exactly once on PC. I should add that I haven't been actually searching for him, either, just keeping an eye out as I go about my business. I'd feel a bit creepy farming his memorial.

(Edit: Also, I've found him more than I've found my avatar that should be over at the left of my posts. It's 100x100 and <64K. What gives?)

Last edited by Darth Nikon; September 20th, 2012 at 09:04 PM.
Darth Nikon is offline   Reply With Quote