The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old September 20th, 2012, 03:52 PM   #1
Sicksicsix

Exclamation Golden Key Suggestion

I'm just throwing this out as an idea because a lot of people are having a hard time finding out about the keys, or accidentally using them, or don't know how to get more.

The suggestion I have can be used in any of 3 ways.

1. Purchasable DLC

What if Gearbox/2k were to charge (just a random amount) 80($1) for a Golden Key off the marketplace that can be re-purchased whenever the player can afford another 80msp. Even make bundles like 400msp ($5) can get you 5 Keys.
This would help avoid people trying to mod or hack more keys and still help the company make a small amount of profit.

2. Add it to the slot machine as the rarest jackpot. It's already hard enough to get a set of 3 Eridium Bars and the 3 Borderland Arches. So it would be awesome to add the chance to win 1 Golden Key!

3. And the least of the 3 idea's (most likely to be shot down more than the other two) would be to make it a Black Market item with the SDU's.

Make it to where it would cost you 99E to buy 1 Golden Key.
They players would still have to work to find the Eridium and still choose a random loot item with the key or buy their next ammo/backpack/bank upgrade!

I encourage other players to think of other legitimate ways to obtain extra keys and post them here.

Thank you for taking the time to read my suggestions.

~Sicksicsix
Sicksicsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2012, 03:58 PM   #2
Gun Jack
Hunting Raid Bosses

Default Re: Golden Key Suggestion

I like all 3 of your ideas.

Eridium purchase makes alot of sense. MSP purchase I could see too.

Lv. 50 Zer0
Lv. 50 Mechro
Lv. 44 Siren
Lv. 30 Commando
Lv.38 Berserker
Gun Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2012, 05:37 PM   #3
Ryoka13x
First Access Club Member

I like the slot and Eridium idea, but I don't think microtransactions are the way to go about getting keys. It'd piss a lot of people off, and would be unfair to some players.
Ryoka13x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2012, 06:13 PM   #4
Dubs77
Noobzerker

yeah i prematurely used my Key not realizing thats what it was. My buddy opened a chest and used his key having no idea when we first got to sanctuary and i basically went over and did it myself then realizing what I had done.. Kinda sucks I was gonna wait till my higher levels to use it.. Bummer

Dubs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2012, 06:23 PM   #5
WarUnitX

I like the black market idea, either make the price 45 [for now since the counter can't go higher then 99.]

That way, people don't feel the need to edit game files.
WarUnitX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2012, 06:33 PM   #6
Sicksicsix

The only reason I put 99E as the black Market price is because when you unlock all your SDU's, you no longer have a need for Eridium.

So for something as rare as a golden key you would have to spend all your Eridium to get it.

Pretty much an "All or nothing" situation. At the same time you don't people being able to get to many keys, so setting the amount to 99 would make sure people are getting the Eridium in moderation with the rate of drops and chance from slots.

Last edited by Sicksicsix; September 20th, 2012 at 06:43 PM.
Sicksicsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2012, 06:37 PM   #7
skag pilez

Am I the only one that doesn't Really care about the golden key thing? I mean, the y are Nice and all, but not unique in any way. Don't have a key? No biggie, you will find better gunz later.
skag pilez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2012, 08:59 AM   #8
Drym'
Player without Collector

Lightbulb Re: Golden Key Suggestion - add warning message

I have a little suggestion:

Add a warning message before opening the golden chest, "Are you really sure to open it now?" or something like that...

'cause like a very very stupid guy (you know the 'OMG A CHEST, OPEN OPEN OPEN IT QUICKLY!!' syndrom) [ok, I slept little that night], I opened it then I got the two violet guns with low level... so I try to Alt + F4 (erf, I hope this is not considered as a banishment glitch at least ...) believing that the game does not save the game, but... I lost my guns, and my only key! *winner*

So, please, to avoid this stupid situation for any future players: add a message! Thank you.

Last edited by Drym'; September 21st, 2012 at 09:00 AM.
Drym' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2012, 09:18 AM   #9
Permagrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by skag pilez View Post
Am I the only one that doesn't Really care about the golden key thing? I mean, the y are Nice and all, but not unique in any way. Don't have a key? No biggie, you will find better gunz later.
Yeah I'm confused as well. The best you can get is purples right? If it were oranges I would definitely understand. Not saying purples aren't bad but I don't get it.
Permagrin is offline   Reply With Quote