The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old September 23rd, 2012, 03:11 PM   #161
Thanatos-Omega

Default Re: Badass rank reset to 0, skins lost, but challenge progress remains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyogaWanderer View Post
What we need is someone with good knowledge of the playstation 3 save system. I am looking at the hex of both my corrupt gpd and the non-corrupt working one that my xbox got off of XBL. it's going to take some time to see if it's a specific flag or if the file is just no good. having files from multiple systems to compare would be even better. I think that any time the data is being written there is the potential for corruption, and I think signing up for shift causes a write. or perhaps some data from shift is more likely to cause it. The fact that it wipes one of the 2 keys people get is puzzling, but leads to that being a good place to look. unfortunately what I would need is a clean gpd from pre-shift and then the same one post. Devs would have more access to these.

My advice at this point is, back up your gpd, then clean it and if you haven't signed up for shift, don't. I hope this issue gets a serious look soon. At least we have some progress.

Well That should be easy enough for you to get. Know anyone with a USB stick and a PS3? They should just be able to copy the data to the USB and read it to the computer program. I know my curent set up can read PS3 files -granted it only recognizes them as PS3 data but I'm sure someone has a program to do what your doing with the XBL files Ryoga.

Given my knowledge of the system, I believe - though do not quote me- it saves exactly like the 360, only the we have access to our profile data saves - as in we may view, copy and transfer them to a limited source like a pen drive, sd card or PS+ freely. I do not believe it does anything different in all honesty if that helps you.

Now then I must agree with your sound analysis, I too have come to believe something is causing the "profile" data in specific to be either corrupted or somehow flagged and thus becoming faulty. I've done a few experiments with my friends saves on their permission, the rate of solo glitching seems to skyrocket the moment you try to quit the game or "fast quit" without using the Start-Save& quit- Turn off system approach. If they simply hit the PS button and quit the game that way, data became corrupted and lost about 50% of the time. It's as if the systems forgetting to save the profile data in specific but saves the char data.

In terms of Shift I'm not too sure, while I agree it may be a factor for sure - why are people suddenly loosing keys?- it may not be the root cause. But still I think we agree if you don't have shift Do not sighn up for it. To your point about the save writing, there I think we also need to agree, while it's not always I concur Something is happening during that process to cause this. Now it may be user created factors, fast quitting, not giving the system time to background save everything etc. But it may of course not be. I'm more inclined to believe that is a factor, yes but not the root cause.

As I said above I exit my games slowly, using the start-save quit then let it sit at the game screen for like 30 seconds and have observed my HD light rapidly flashing as if something is being stored and saved. once the HD light stops I shut off and quit and have had zer0 - heh- problems. So I think we have a few very VERY SOLID leads here now between us all working together to figure this crap out.

Now GBX you wanna help us help you? or like something? Please?

The Citadel: Our Forum Currently Hosting 3 Cortex system Rp's. Naruto: Building a Better Nightmare, Marvel: Siege of Earth and Coming Soon Warcraft: The Demons Son.
Thanatos-Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2012, 05:57 PM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #162
ChrisF
GBX Product Manager

Thanks for all the reports and specific details, folks. Our engineers are looking into this, and the information you've provided has proven to be a great resource while we investigate. At the moment, it seems to be a fairly rare issue and we'll keep you updated on when we resolve it.

Last edited by ChrisF; September 23rd, 2012 at 06:11 PM.
ChrisF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2012, 06:09 PM   #163
Kitty Jo
Forum Chamber Maid

Awesome to know you guys are looking into this. I feel so bad for everyone its happened to.
Kitty Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2012, 06:28 PM   #164
BeFlatLine
I'a Cthulhu!

Hopefully something is done for us that have lost our badass points / skins / golden keys / etc., where we are able to get some of what is lost back. I'm assuming not all of it is possible, but the badass points should be.
BeFlatLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2012, 06:33 PM   #165
PuppetShowJustice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisF View Post
Thanks for all the reports and specific details, folks. Our engineers are looking into this, and the information you've provided has proven to be a great resource while we investigate. At the moment, it seems to be a fairly rare issue and we'll keep you updated on when we resolve it.
You're a sight for sore eyes in this thread. Thank you for the response. It's especially nice to see/hear that the community's effort to sleuth the root cause out was directly helpful in the process of eventually fixing it. It does leave a lot of questions unanswered -- but I understand you might not have a solid grasp on the depth/cause of the problem and what lengths are necessary to fix them.

I beg you to answer this when able, though. It's the most important detail of getting back on track here from our perspective.

Do you have any idea if it will be possible to reverse this corruption via a patch? I've literally stopped playing the game out of fear of encountering this bug. It's really hard to gauge right now if I should just keep playing and know that all my progress will eventually be sorted out correctly, or if I should just forget about playing until this issue is resolved.
PuppetShowJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2012, 06:33 PM   #166
Cobra951

Aha! Thank you, Chris. Acknowledging the problem is half the battle, to use an old phrase.
Cobra951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2012, 06:46 PM   #167
zombieskittles
Braaiiiiinbows

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeFlatLine View Post
Hopefully something is done for us that have lost our badass points / skins / golden keys / etc., where we are able to get some of what is lost back. I'm assuming not all of it is possible, but the badass points should be.
That would be pretty nice to have happen. Thankfully I didn't lose too much progress, and my husband and I are very strict on how we start up the game. So far, so good. Haven't had my BA points vanish again. Currently Level 16 after restarting a whole new character. I had a level 6 Siren that had all her points vanish. Doesn't seem like much progress until you factor in that we also are parents of 2 boys. One age 5 years, and the other one is 10 months. Borderlands 2 time is very sparse.
zombieskittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2012, 06:50 PM   #168
Megaton
First Access Club Member

Thanks for the acknowledgement, Gearbox.

Main: Lvl.72x8 Legendary Siren
Secondary: Lvl.50 Axton, Lvl.61 Gaige, Lvl.50 Salvador, Lvl.25 Zer0
Megaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2012, 07:08 PM   #169
xJunKx

this just happened to me, on PC. i was lvl 24 zero, hosting a game with 4 friends. my graphics drivers messed up (which they do, cause i use ATI) so i had to hard restart my comp and when i tried logging back on again it asked me about steam cloud sync. i chose the option of local hard disk, which i've had to do multiple times previous, but this time i lost all my skins rank etc.

i don't mind losing the rank, i don't mind losing the skins. what i DO mind is the fact my achievements are still achieved, so i cannot reget those badass ranks.

it should be pretty easy to reset the actual rank tho - granted you'll need to respend the points, but each achievement is worth a certain rank, and so you just need to total up what you've already achieved and blamo, you get the exact amount of points you should have.
Old September 23rd, 2012, 08:14 PM   #170
Thanatos-Omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisF View Post
Sweet! Ok folks the guys upstairs are on the job.

Also, just finished co-op with my buddy, dual profile, save and quit then restart No problems! PS3 BTW Yay!

The Citadel: Our Forum Currently Hosting 3 Cortex system Rp's. Naruto: Building a Better Nightmare, Marvel: Siege of Earth and Coming Soon Warcraft: The Demons Son.
Thanatos-Omega is offline   Reply With Quote