The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old September 24th, 2012, 06:20 AM   #1
jamie1990

Default Mighty Morphin

I have a problem with a mission from Hammerlock (Mighty Morphin)

I mutated the Varkid and then died trying to kill the Mutated Badass Varkid, so i looked for him and he disappeared so i managed to mutate another one after i respawned which i did, i killed the mutated badass and then left the game but i did not pick up the samples.

Now when i go to the area to get the samples there is no way point for me to go and i cannot inject any more Varkids.

What do you suggest i do, I've tried turning the xbox off and on and it's annoying me the fact I'm level 23 and the side mission is still there and i cannot complete it.
jamie1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2012, 06:46 AM   #2
Fearino

Default Re: Mighty Morphin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie1990 View Post
I have a problem with a mission from Hammerlock (Mighty Morphin)

I mutated the Varkid and then died trying to kill the Mutated Badass Varkid, so i looked for him and he disappeared so i managed to mutate another one after i respawned which i did, i killed the mutated badass and then left the game but i did not pick up the samples.

Now when i go to the area to get the samples there is no way point for me to go and i cannot inject any more Varkids.

What do you suggest i do, I've tried turning the xbox off and on and it's annoying me the fact I'm level 23 and the side mission is still there and i cannot complete it.
I just joined a friend's game while he was doing that mission and completed it.
Fearino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2012, 07:27 AM   #3
TheSilencedScream
I'm a scream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearino View Post
I just joined a friend's game while he was doing that mission and completed it.
Yeah, if it's bugged, this is your best option. Complete it with a friend (with the friend hosting) and then turn it in.
Old September 25th, 2012, 05:12 AM   #4
jamie1990

Well i don't have any friends who play Borderlands 2.

Surely there has to be a way to do it.
jamie1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2012, 06:49 AM   #5
wintermane

wait for them to patch it.
wintermane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2012, 07:39 AM   #6
RockKing
...one who joy pukes...

The first time I tried this mission, on the first part of it when you inject the pod, I went up to it and injected, but as soon as I did, Mordecai sniped the pod and blew it up and I didn't get credit for killing the mutant nor could I inject new pods. I was simultaneously laughing and yelling in frustration (damn you, Mordecai!).

Anyway, I had a friend hop on and I joined his session and we were able to re-start the mission and complete it properly (this time I made sure to do it a safe distance from Mordecai's sniping).

If you don't have friends, the best I can suggest is either:

A) Ask someone on the forum if you can join them when they get to this part in the story

or

B) Start a new character, and get to that part of the story as fast as you can, skipping any other side quests. When you get to that mission, do it split screen so your new character can initiate the mission, and your old character can complete it.
RockKing is offline   Reply With Quote