The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old September 25th, 2012, 05:40 PM   #291
stoneimp

Default Re: Badass rank reset to 0, skins lost, but challenge progress remains.

I have also gotten this bug.
I play on Xbox 360.
I play splitscreen and solo interchangeably, started splitscreen though, and have multiple characters.
I'm a member of the Premium Club and have my Golden Key (I haven't used it yet).
When I loaded up the game after playing solo, it told me that it was scanning for an original Borderlands save; like it did the very first time I played the game.
I have played with a friend who has not gotten this bug, his badass points remain the same. We both still have our golden keys though...

This has really ruined my experience if it sticks, I don't even want to play the game anymore till it has been fixed. Please know that even if this is only affecting a small percentage of players, these players are likely to just stop playing because their progress of hours and hours has been destroyed. (And that means less people buying those DLCs, which I was looking forward to till now.)
stoneimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2012, 05:42 PM   #292
Shagsbeard
Resident Mathematician

I would like to ask Gearbox, to make a sticky and lock it so we can check on the progress of this without having to read through pages of BS trying to find out if anything has been discovered.
Shagsbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2012, 06:01 PM   #293
Monkeman210

Don't know how much it will help. But this just happened to my wife. We were finally able to get internet so she created her XBox Live account and put in the two codes she got for the pre-order bonus. Once she went to actually continue playing the fore-mentioned issue happened. This really blows cause this is about the only game she'll play (exc. original nintendo), not to mention she was stoked for this one to be released. I hope your able to figure out a fix in the near future. Thank you and have a great day.
Monkeman210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2012, 06:42 PM   #294
HeWhoWantsJeans

Though my girlfriend and I haven't encountered this bug (yet), I think we're going to hold off on playing BL2 until the bug is known to be fixed. Between working full-time and whatever-else life has going on, we just don't have the time to re-earn all our accumulated Badass Ranks (should they disappear).

We both played Borderlands a 'ton and we'll be looking forward to playing BL2 again in the future. Also - it'd be great if someone would Sticky this thread, as it's a confirmed issue and seems to be kind-of-a-big-deal.

Thanks,
Erik
HeWhoWantsJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2012, 06:51 PM   #295
Kyrinthian
Badass psycho lvl 69

[QUOTE=Thanatos-Omega;2807809]I think we mis cued so lemme try that sucker again ya?

I have 4 toons, each toon has their own save file yes but thats the Character save data. I only have one profile data save on my system -PS3. If you have more then one profile save something may be wrong cause your only supposed to have one, not a different profile save for every character. Wait...Do you? cause that could be a major lead if you actually have multiple profiles saves under one user system profile...

Ok let's try this again. Lol. I also have only ONE profile save in my saved data utility folder. I have TWO character saves in the saved data utility folder; axton and Salvador. Four folders above the saved data utility folder is the game data utility folder where, as the programmer mentioned the game installs and such. In that folder, game data utility, there are also two other borderlands 2 files. One says it is for additional content, such as preorder incentives besides golden key. The other has no subdescription and says borderlands 2. That's it. My last question I had made was trying to figure out what that fourth unknown file is. It'd probably be easier if you looked in those two folders yourself and see what I'm talking about.

Also the guy that said you aren't helpful and condescending or whatever his words were is a troll. Don't pay any attention to the negative criticism. Just cuz that fix of yours didn't restore his **** doesn't mean it didn't help others or wasn't a good idea.
Kyrinthian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2012, 08:18 PM   #296
Saul Goodman

This thread should be stickied.
Saul Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2012, 08:18 PM   #297
Thanatos-Omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrinthian View Post

Ok let's try this again. Lol. I also have only ONE profile save in my saved data utility folder.
Ok, now I follow. Wow My brain must have just blue screened or something cause I could not freaking get what you were saying....Dumb me

Quote:
I have TWO character saves in the saved data utility folder; axton and Salvador. Four folders above the saved data utility folder is the game data utility folder where, as the programmer mentioned the game installs and such. In that folder, game data utility, there are also two other borderlands 2 files. One says it is for additional content, such as preorder incentives besides golden key. The other has no subdescription and says borderlands 2.
Ohhh Game data....T-O is "special" Good grief I'm a moron sometimes. Yes I have the same, two game data files 100% correct. I believe the one without a sub is the actual game install data. Darksiders II is the same way, I have one that specifically says extra content and another thats not even labeled, which I know is the games install data. So I would assume BL 2 is the same, the one without a descriptor is in fact the games install data.

Quote:
That's it. My last question I had made was trying to figure out what that fourth unknown file is. It'd probably be easier if you looked in those two folders yourself and see what I'm talking about.
Yes, see my answer above. Now I understand you and really I'm sorry for not catching on sooner.

Quote:
Also the guy that said you aren't helpful and condescending or whatever his words were is a troll. Don't pay any attention to the negative criticism. Just cuz that fix of yours didn't restore his **** doesn't mean it didn't help others or wasn't a good idea.
Thx Kyrinthian, means a lot. And I know I lost my cool there but You, Me and others are trying to sort through this and help folks then you get a jerk or two spamming the thread. It irks me cause it slows down our theory discussion and delays any chance we have at maybe helping folks with a work around.

I'm not saying we can fix it, but so far working together we've nailed down a lot of iron hard facts and have a bead on the glitch root cause. The best we can get is hopefully a work around that will keep people relatively safe. I obviously know nothing I or anyone says will be 100% fool proof but still some kind of work around or fix has got to be better then nothing.

The Citadel: Our Forum Currently Hosting 3 Cortex system Rp's. Naruto: Building a Better Nightmare, Marvel: Siege of Earth and Coming Soon Warcraft: The Demons Son.
Thanatos-Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2012, 09:07 PM   #298
mrcyco

this happened to me the second time I booted up the game! (steam). Game Crashed couldn't sign in to Shift and lost all my badass point. As I was only low level (7 I think) I just ended my first gold key (shift) lucky I hadn't put my premium code in yet.
mrcyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2012, 09:26 PM   #299
CrimsonSamuraiX

If anyone logs into their character and notices you've been hit with the glitch and lost your badass ranks / skins, try immediately quitting the game without saving (shutting the game off on the spot might work too). A guy just posted a thread on the gamefaqs forums stating that it worked for him, that he just quit the game from the XMB after receiving the glitch, and when he logged in next, all of his ranks were back.

Not a guaranteed fix, since I have not encountered the glitch yet myself, but if I do, I'll definitely be trying this.
CrimsonSamuraiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2012, 10:06 PM   #300
TonyMFuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSamuraiX View Post
If anyone logs into their character and notices you've been hit with the glitch and lost your badass ranks / skins, try immediately quitting the game without saving (shutting the game off on the spot might work too). A guy just posted a thread on the gamefaqs forums stating that it worked for him, that he just quit the game from the XMB after receiving the glitch, and when he logged in next, all of his ranks were back.

Not a guaranteed fix, since I have not encountered the glitch yet myself, but if I do, I'll definitely be trying this.
That would sort of support what I posted earlier about my wife's account logging in at the main menu as a level 1 Axton as opposed to logging in as her level 14 siren as per the last several times we played. We backed out immediately without letting the game save anything new and she did not lose her Badass rank.

Since we did not go into the game fully, however, I cannot say she would have lost them anyway, only that the symptoms others have mentioned were there. Maybe the issues comes then when the game tries to save after failing to properly load the Badass rank file. So, maybe the file with the Badass rank and skins does not get corrupted, per say, but something glitches and keeps it from loading, which then, once you enter the game and find it has not loaded, then you exit and save, it saves over the file it did not properly load. So the trick would be to make sure it does not save when the glitch occurs. Worth a shot anyway.

Last edited by TonyMFuss; September 25th, 2012 at 10:09 PM.
TonyMFuss is offline   Reply With Quote