The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old October 15th, 2012, 11:26 AM   #1
cpanda

Default Death from Above

I'm wondering how much damage a level 5/5+ Death from Above skill does. At the moment I'm finding it very counterintiuitve for building Anarchy stacks and only really useful against grouped mobs.
cpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2012, 11:35 AM   #2
Bonerfart
Useful Idiot

Default Re: Death from Above

In my honest opinion, this skill isn't worth the five skill points.

It's damage isn't that great.

And like you said, it is very counterintuitive.

There is also a bug that makes the Death From Above skill activate randomly, even when you're not in mid-air. Therefore, draining your Anarchy stacks a ton.

May I see your skill tree?

It's closer than you think!
[no it isn't]
Bonerfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2012, 12:08 PM   #3
cpanda

I think this is what I'm workign towards

http://www.bl2skills.com/mechromance...00415150151031

this is what I got

http://www.bl2skills.com/mechromance...00415140151031
cpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2012, 03:10 PM   #4
HviteKristsDod
Necrobutcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpanda View Post
Don't go into Nth Degree more than 1 or 2 points. At points 3-5/5, the actual increase in damage is severely diminished
HviteKristsDod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2012, 03:16 PM   #5
Total Eclipse
New Lunar Republic

I really like the skill actually. And with maxed out Typecast Iconoclast and Rational Anarchist truth is you should never be hurting for Anarchy stacks.

It's not counter intuitive at all, its actually illustrating the entire point of the anarchy tree. Sacrifice:

With Anarchy, With Claws, and Death From Above All Require you to sacrifice something for what the tree lacks. In the case of Death from above, It's crowd control. I haven't encountered the bug, but I do notice that some attacks (that you are hit by) give you minuscule amounts of air time which will trigger DfA.

Because I only use revolvers and shotguns (that fire and most 3 and have really fast reload times) I am always exploding with lightning and gaining stacks of anarchy some times 3-4 in a single shot because of everything that happens.

You in no way need the skill, but it is something to do with those anarchy stacks.
Old October 15th, 2012, 03:59 PM   #6
Maya
Target Practice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Eclipse View Post
I really like the skill actually. And with maxed out Typecast Iconoclast and Rational Anarchist truth is you should never be hurting for Anarchy stacks.

It's not counter intuitive at all, its actually illustrating the entire point of the anarchy tree. Sacrifice:

With Anarchy, With Claws, and Death From Above All Require you to sacrifice something for what the tree lacks. In the case of Death from above, It's crowd control. I haven't encountered the bug, but I do notice that some attacks (that you are hit by) give you minuscule amounts of air time which will trigger DfA.

Because I only use revolvers and shotguns (that fire and most 3 and have really fast reload times) I am always exploding with lightning and gaining stacks of anarchy some times 3-4 in a single shot because of everything that happens.

You in no way need the skill, but it is something to do with those anarchy stacks.
The biggest issue is that the damage doesn't scale well. At level 50, 5/5 got me 18030 repeatedly, regardless of equipment (though I'd assume an explosive damage relic, if they have those, would boost it), on the Target Practice.

That's...pretty awful, as even without The Bee my natural DPS approaches hundreds of thousands once my skills get going. WITH The Bee, it's easily 2-4m/second.
Old October 15th, 2012, 06:22 PM   #7
HviteKristsDod
Necrobutcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya View Post
The biggest issue is that the damage doesn't scale well. At level 50, 5/5 got me 18030 repeatedly, regardless of equipment (though I'd assume an explosive damage relic, if they have those, would boost it), on the Target Practice.

That's...pretty awful, as even without The Bee my natural DPS approaches hundreds of thousands once my skills get going. WITH The Bee, it's easily 2-4m/second.
All of what you've said and also, for a Discord user who wants to maintain stacks to a very controllable amount, 5 stacks randomly eaten all the time really hampers where you are stack-wise

And I say randomly because lol at Unreal Engine 3 thinking I'm mid air when I am standing on a mildly inclined plane
Old October 15th, 2012, 06:34 PM   #8
Sway3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonerfart View Post
There is also a bug that makes the Death From Above skill activate randomly, even when you're not in mid-air. Therefore, draining your Anarchy stacks a ton.
It's not a bug, it basically considers any time you're "in the air" to proc DfA.
Sway3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2012, 06:42 PM   #9
bigdug13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Eclipse View Post
With Anarchy, With Claws, and Death From Above All Require you to sacrifice something for what the tree lacks. In the case of Death from above, It's crowd control.
How is Death from Above crowd control? Dealing damage to an area isn't considered crowd control, it's consider AE damage. Does it somehow push enemies aside or pull them in? Does it lock them in a bubble of some sort or turn them against their enemies?

Seriously, I'm curious as maybe there's more to this skill than I realized.
bigdug13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2012, 06:55 PM   #10
HviteKristsDod
Necrobutcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sway3 View Post
It's not a bug, it basically considers any time you're "in the air" to proc DfA.
Standing still is not really "in the air" though, and it procs when this is happening on occasion. It depends on the plane of the region you're standing on, in some cases, I've found
DfA is not CC, it is AoE.