The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old October 26th, 2012, 08:40 AM   #221
DefectiveHuman

Default Re: Important Notice for Xbox 360 Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by pozie View Post
so if i make a back up of my character onto a USB drive and my guy catches this bug and dies, i should be able to load up my dead character from the USB.
I can attest from personal experience that you can restore your dead on HDD character if you have them backed up on a USB drive. I can ALSO attest that you should NOT be relying on the XBox Cloud Save because it stays "in sync" with your HDD and so if you lose one, you lose the other.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pozie View Post
Also, IF my character has this bug now, and i make a back up of him now, its possible that if my character dies in game and i load up my USB character with the bug, he could die again.
If your character is infected, it is infected. If you save it to USB, you have a copy of the infected character on there so if you fail a FFYL from your HDD save, you can restore from the USB to HDD but you will have lost all the progress. It is PAINFUL, but you can make progress, quit, backup to USB, etc. etc. but once infected, always infected (until the patch comes out anyway).

-DefectiveHuman
DefectiveHuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2012, 08:47 AM   #222
Morgoroth

[/SIZE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefectiveHuman View Post
I can attest from personal experience that you can restore your dead on HDD character if you have them backed up on a USB drive. I can ALSO attest that you should NOT be relying on the XBox Cloud Save because it stays "in sync" with your HDD and so if you lose one, you lose the other.

If your character is infected, it is infected. If you save it to USB, you have a copy of the infected character on there so if you fail a FFYL from your HDD save, you can restore from the USB to HDD but you will have lost all the progress. It is PAINFUL, but you can make progress, quit, backup to USB, etc. etc. but once infected, always infected (until the patch comes out anyway).

-DefectiveHuman
You couldn't un-infect your character by loading it onto the comp and flipping the switch with third party software?
Morgoroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2012, 09:39 AM   #223
Junkdewd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafiell View Post
"Flagged or not, it should not affect another save for one simple reason."
"But the assumption that another person's save can over write your own in certain parts is just people being paranoid because no one really knows what causes it yet. I'm fairly sure that if anyone knows and knew how to fix it then Gearbox would have done so already."
You really have no clue what you are speaking about. The players with baddass mode enabled do not cause other peoples character to be over written. It causes the flag on the other persons character save to be enabled. It has been clearly ptoven and tested by hundreds of people. Gearbox acknowledged this fact by posting this thread. Gearbox left shoddy code in the game, and modders enabled it out of stupidity. That is the sum of the problem.

As for Gearbox fixing the problem, they have done so on the PC with an update that has been streamed to online players. They know of the problem, and have fixed the problem, on the platforms they have access to send the update to. Xbox 360 players are unable to get the update due to the certification process required by MS for updates to go thru. PLEASE, read, and comprehend, all of the information that is readily available to you, before posting again. People like you, that are repeatedly spouting misinformation and untrue statements about these problems, along with mixing in otrher issues that are completely unrelated to THIS particular situation, are doing everyone a disservice.
Junkdewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2012, 10:07 AM   #224
IN YO FACE 86

If I start a whole new character is it's ok to join my friends game if I deleted my save file that was infected?
IN YO FACE 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2012, 10:25 AM   #225
DefectiveHuman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgoroth View Post
[/SIZE]
You couldn't un-infect your character by loading it onto the comp and flipping the switch with third party software?
Someone (if they knew what they were doing and wanted to) COULD do that... but I am not a modder and I have no desire to get a Banhammer from microsoft for violating their Code of Conduct / Terms of Use ...

I'm sure I could do it if I chose, but I'll just keep my Zer0 in Quarantine and backed up a few times until the patch is out. It's already fixed (according to the changelog) on the PC so I would guess 2 weeks to 4 weeks tops and it should be fixed on the XBox.

-DefectiveHuman

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN YO FACE 86 View Post
If I start a whole new character is it's ok to join my friends game if I deleted my save file that was infected?
If your friend is infected then your new character is going to get infected.

If you and your friend are both playing clean characters and set your game to INVITE ONLY you should be fine. All it takes is if you are playing clean characters and have your game mode set public or to your friends list and some infected random or friend comes in and then boom, your clean characters have the infection and will die if they fail a FFYL.

-DefectiveHuman
Old October 26th, 2012, 10:37 AM   #226
IN YO FACE 86

Thanks for the info.
IN YO FACE 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2012, 01:12 PM   #227
DefectiveHuman

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN YO FACE 86 View Post
Thanks for the info.
No problem. I wish you luck with keeping your characters safe and clean. I can attest to how much it sucks to lose everything and how much of a pain it will be to rebuild. There are a lot of folks out here (XBL Trickk for example) who will be handing out some gear to those who were infected and helping to power level folks.

Look around on the forums and you'll find nice folks who will help you out if you want it.

-DefectiveHuman
Old October 26th, 2012, 02:33 PM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #228
ChrisF
GBX Product Manager

After extensive internal testing, an update to prevent this disruption has been submitted to Microsoft and will be released as soon as possible. I've updated the first post with this information as well. Once we have more details, I'll post them here.
ChrisF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2012, 02:40 PM   #229
DefectiveHuman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisF View Post
After extensive internal testing, an update to prevent this disruption has been submitted to Microsoft and will be released as soon as possible. I've updated the first post with this information as well. Once we have more details, I'll post them here.
Thank you ChrisF for the info and thank you to the team at Gearbox for fixing the issue.

Will this also correct the BadAss bug, and if so, how will those of us who had our profiles wiped get ranks back (assuming that we haven't lost all the characters to the Graveyard.sav bug too?)

Thanks,
-DefectiveHuman
Old October 26th, 2012, 03:07 PM   #230
Jack T. Chance
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Exclamation Re: Important Notice for Xbox 360 Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisF View Post
Thanks for the update, Chris!