The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old November 8th, 2012, 02:15 AM   #2011
memphis

Default Re: Badass Rank Reset Bug [Latest Gearbox Post #1860]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarih View Post
Would you rather just have the preventative fix now and still have to wait for a possible restore or just get it all done with a patch
YES! YES! and YES! Noooooow
memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2012, 03:18 AM   #2012
Jayarih
Ignore me if you dare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis View Post
YES! YES! and YES! Noooooow
But then all you would get is a prevention, does no one good if you are already affected by the issue
Jayarih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2012, 04:01 AM   #2013
Terramex

I play on PC with steam, I got the random reset of my claptrap stash, skins and badass rank I also get my key bindings reset and golden keys reset EVERY time I load a character. I can set my bindings from the menu and they reset when I load. I cannot transfer items via clapstash because they reset between swapping characters. I lost 8 golden keys and cannot get anymore because they reset between the time it takes to enter the code and then load my character to use them.

I had origonally only suffered the badass/key/skin reset on every log in and could retain my golden keys. Then around the time the pc patch came out that was supposed to prevent the bug, I lost all my keys and they continually reset now. I did have odd fluctuations of key numbers before that. After entering a shift code, my keys went up by almost double for a day or so before they went back to the original number. I never used any because I figured it would come out of the original number and was just a display glitch. Seriously please fix this.
Terramex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2012, 04:40 AM   #2014
memphis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarih View Post
But then all you would get is a prevention, does no one good if you are already affected by the issue
I got 2 resets. Now i am around 15K and don't play the Game. If they prevent it from happening again i can at least play again.
memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2012, 05:17 AM   #2015
SolarMisae
King of Drills

I had the same thing happen to me a few days ago. I was lucky enough to have a back-up save of my profile data in my PSN cloud storage and managed to get everything back, but it was really upsetting at the time and I just KNOW the one day I'm gonna forget to back up my stuff if when it will happen again. :<

My Happy Trading Post!
Unstoppable Pointman: lvl 50 | Scheming Cat: lvl 50 | Wired Catalyst: lvl 50
|| PSN: SolarMisae ||

SolarMisae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2012, 06:19 AM   #2016
whitewolfdamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddythumpthump View Post
Well your right.. I can play it... But it just resets some key features so whats the point? IMO thats broken.
This isn't a slur at gearbox per say but at the games industry in general, that it has become culturally acceptable to release games and patch them post launch, every gamer who buys a game day-one is more and more becoming just an unpaid beta-tester.

If you bought a DVD and the audio was out of sync for a portion of the film, sure you can still watch it but it would be accepted as a faulty product and returned, the difference with games is the devs/publishers can just patch them with an update, which leaves us with a faulty product in the interim time.
whitewolfdamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2012, 09:02 AM   #2017
smoking__skull

Well it is odd that it is taking its time, I no its not a quick process. But when they want u go spend yet more money on DLC its a bit of a kick in the nuts.
It is become more of a problem for more people and it Is taking a long time for any one to give some sort of a time scale. I don't want to start again as I could and then this happen again.
smoking__skull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2012, 10:13 AM   #2018
Jayarih
Ignore me if you dare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewolfdamo View Post
This isn't a slur at gearbox per say but at the games industry in general, that it has become culturally acceptable to release games and patch them post launch, every gamer who buys a game day-one is more and more becoming just an unpaid beta-tester.

If you bought a DVD and the audio was out of sync for a portion of the film, sure you can still watch it but it would be accepted as a faulty product and returned, the difference with games is the devs/publishers can just patch them with an update, which leaves us with a faulty product in the interim time.
You are aware PC has been patching for decades right? Patching isnt a new fangled thing to happen, just that its a new idea for consoles to have happen.

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoking__skull View Post
Well it is odd that it is taking its time, I no its not a quick process. But when they want u go spend yet more money on DLC its a bit of a kick in the nuts.
It is become more of a problem for more people and it Is taking a long time for any one to give some sort of a time scale. I don't want to start again as I could and then this happen again.
Its because DLC is done by one team and bug fixes are done by another, while they are working to resolve issues they still have contractual obligations to fulfill.
Jayarih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2012, 04:21 PM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2019
deubanks
Proframmer

We're almost done with the fix for this!

It should be releasing on PC first with consoles to follow, given that the testing / certification process for consoles is more lengthy.

Here's how we're planning for it to work: (after the fix is in):

*deep inhale*

Whenever you select a character and press "Continue" (or load into a level that's not the Main Menu) we will check to see if all the challenges you completed for that character add up to more BadAss rank than your profile currently has.

Then (and only then), the game will bring your BadAss rank up to the correct value based on what your savegame reported, search your challenge and mission information and make sure you that you have all the skins and heads you would have been rewarded from those challenges/missions!

It will also mark your profile as "having been lost at some point in the past". This means that whenever you load other, different savegames the game will perform this same process and adjust your BadAss rank accordingly each time, once per savegame, for up to a maximum 16 savegame slots, depending on how they're numbered. (I'm particularly proud of that part )

It's important to remember that this check will only occur when you load a character and press "Continue" or join a game. This fix up does not run unless you Continue or join a game.

So, if you were one of the people affected by this issue and have 5 different characters, make sure to load each one up and press "Continue", enter the game, see your BadAss rank increase, and then Save and Quit! After you repeat this process for each character your BadAss rank should be completely restored, and your heads and skins will be restored, minus the ones you found on the ground.

Please understand that this is the best we could do given the information available and our many constraints! I'll be checking this thread as often as possible in case you have any questions.
deubanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2012, 04:24 PM   #2020
c4ndlejack
american hero

Oh ****, patch coming? Back up your saves. Thanks.
c4ndlejack is offline   Reply With Quote