The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old November 27th, 2012, 02:03 PM   #2141
Xenokai

Default Re: Borderlands 2 Freezing [Latest Gearbox Post #1914]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual JAC View Post
I'm going to try that.

Did you tried it off line and On Line?
Online, but just so ya know it didnt stop the freezing once in the game freezes between 1-20 mins in usaully. =/
Xenokai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 02:39 PM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2142
ChrisF
GBX Product Manager

Some potentially good news on this front: A new Xbox 360 update for Borderlands 2 is currently in certification with Microsoft which may resolve instances of freezing for some users.

At present, that update is tentatively expected to arrive during the week of December 3rd 7th.

We're hesitant to say it will address all instances due to the possibility of there being other factors exhibiting similar behavior -- that's something we're continuing to investigate and dig into with the assistance of Microsoft -- but we're optimistic that this will help in at least some cases and will allow us to better diagnose / address any remaining causes.

More information as we have it.
ChrisF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 02:41 PM   #2143
Xenokai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisF View Post
Some potentially good news on this front: A new Xbox 360 update for Borderlands 2 is currently in certification with Microsoft which may resolve instances of freezing for some users.

At present, that update is tentatively expected to arrive during the week of December 3rd 7th.

We're hesitant to say it will address all instances due to the possibility of there being other factors exhibiting similar behavior -- that's something we're continuing to investigate and dig into with the assistance of Microsoft -- but we're optimistic that this will help in at least some cases and will allow us to better diagnose / address any remaining causes.

This is good news! Has this potential fix been able to fix a problem like mine where it will freeze randomly within 1-20 mins of playing?
Xenokai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 03:57 PM   #2144
whamo017
banned

Default Re: Borderlands 2 Freezing [Latest Gearbox Post #2144]

No one get too exited, this is coming from ChrisF, the same guy that continues to send us to 2K support and Gearbox support. I have opened numerous tickets with support and they basically just feed me the same copy/paste BS then close my ticket out as "Solved" and the matter taken care of. Im not saying this "update" wont help, Im just saying dont get exited or your hopes up. Gearbox has made a great joke out of ignoring us and basically stonewalling us and ChrisF is their front man for it.
whamo017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 04:10 PM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2145
ChrisF
GBX Product Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by whamo017 View Post
No one get too exited, this is coming from ChrisF, the same guy that continues to send us to 2K support and Gearbox support. I have opened numerous tickets with support and they basically just feed me the same copy/paste BS then close my ticket out as "Solved" and the matter taken care of. Im not saying this "update" wont help, Im just saying dont get exited or your hopes up. Gearbox has made a great joke out of ignoring us and basically stonewalling us and ChrisF is their front man for it.
I get that you're frustrated, but it's important to treat people with respect and not attack our Support team for doing their job.

Looking at your Support tickets, I can see where you've stated that you're experiencing issues despite the following the suggested troubleshooting steps but I can also see where you haven't provided any of the additional requested information that could help us in further diagnosing your issue.

Last edited by ChrisF; November 27th, 2012 at 04:12 PM.
Old November 27th, 2012, 04:34 PM   #2146
whamo017
banned

Im frustrated ChrisF at being forced to reopen UNFINISHED Support tickets. Im frustrated at you basically ignoring the topic of refunds for unhappy customers, Im frustrated at the fact that Gearbox was basically blaming us for this issue in the beginning(You might remember some quotes about it only affecting people moding and dupping), Im frustrated by supplying your "Support" team with the same damn information time and again only to basically have then copy and paste the exact same steps for "fixing" this issue. JUST SO YOU KNOW CHRISF>>>>CLEARING YOUR CACHE DOES NOTHING TO FIX THIS ISSUE!!!!!!!!.

IM NOT HAPPY WITH YOUR PRODUCT CHRISF, NOT ONLY DOES IT NOT FUNCTION AS ADVERTISED, BUT SPENDING MONEY FOR DLC THATS USELESS IT A WASTE OF MY MONEY.

SO WHY DONT YOU TREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS WITH SOME RESPECT AND WE WILL RETURN IT TO YOU AND YOUR "SUPPORT" TEAM
whamo017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 05:10 PM   #2147
Polygon Pirate
The Pirate of Pandora

Quote:
At present, that update is tentatively expected to arrive during the week of December 3rd – 7th.
Once it hits xbox live can you re-post ChrisF, to announce its arrival? I'm sure you will do this anyway.
Also what is the main culprit causing these freeze issues? Is it the games "Bada$$" rank system or some other factor?

Lol, had to spell bada$$ this way because of the forums spell check.

Pieces of Eight and the Parrots my Mate!

Last edited by Polygon Pirate; November 27th, 2012 at 05:12 PM.
Polygon Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 05:24 PM   #2148
LuigiS16

Quote:

At present, that update is tentatively expected to arrive during the week of December 3rd – 7th.

I'm sorry, but it's been 2 months since the freezing was first reported (since launch) and this is the "good news" that you have for us so far?

You even said it your-self Chris, the patch MAY resolve instances of freezing for SOME users. So some of us will still have to wait if this patch doesn't work? Pathetic.

However looking at the history of patches released so far, this one will follow suit and break the game even more, so I won't be surprised if it doesn't work.

Either way, 2 months going on 3 and the "good news" we have is a patch that may or may not solve issues for some users is terrible.

Absolute joke, 2 months progress and this is as far as you've got? It's a disgrace.

Last edited by LuigiS16; November 27th, 2012 at 05:29 PM.
LuigiS16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 05:26 PM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2149
ChrisF
GBX Product Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by whamo017 View Post
Im frustrated ChrisF at being forced to reopen UNFINISHED Support tickets. Im frustrated at you basically ignoring the topic of refunds for unhappy customers, Im frustrated at the fact that Gearbox was basically blaming us for this issue in the beginning(You might remember some quotes about it only affecting people moding and dupping), Im frustrated by supplying your "Support" team with the same damn information time and again only to basically have then copy and paste the exact same steps for "fixing" this issue. JUST SO YOU KNOW CHRISF>>>>CLEARING YOUR CACHE DOES NOTHING TO FIX THIS ISSUE!!!!!!!!.

IM NOT HAPPY WITH YOUR PRODUCT CHRISF, NOT ONLY DOES IT NOT FUNCTION AS ADVERTISED, BUT SPENDING MONEY FOR DLC THATS USELESS IT A WASTE OF MY MONEY.

SO WHY DONT YOU TREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS WITH SOME RESPECT AND WE WILL RETURN IT TO YOU AND YOUR "SUPPORT" TEAM
As I've stated before, we need to make sure that you've gone through all the diagnostic and troubleshooting information -- even if you've done it before -- to knock out any common issues first. Obviously, you shouldn't have to file multiple tickets to do this.

The way our Support system is currently configured, if we provide instructions for a potential fix and don't hear back within a certain time frame then the system automatically closes the ticket as it's assumed to be resolved.

For example, your ticket filed on November 16th was responded to on November 19th with some troubleshooting steps and a request for more information if the issue persisted. As no response was received on that particular ticket -- instead it looks like you filed an all-new ticket on November 21 -- the system automatically closed it on November 23rd.

In theory, though the ticket was marked as "Solved" you should still have been able to respond to let us know it was still occurring, which would have knocked it back to "Open" or "Pending" so that we could follow up.

I'm not sure why there were multiple tickets, but I'm going to guess that the underlying issue in this particular case is with the "Solved" label -- I understand that may be confusing so I'll be working to see if we can get that language closer to how we actually perceive it ("Solved Pending Response") to remove the implication that no response is possible or that it's case closed.

Last edited by ChrisF; November 27th, 2012 at 05:36 PM.
Old November 27th, 2012, 05:37 PM   #2150
Polygon Pirate
The Pirate of Pandora

Question Re: Borderlands 2 Freezing [Latest Gearbox Post #1914]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polygon Pirate View Post
Also what is the main culprit causing these freeze issues? Is it the games "Bada$$" rank system or some other factor?
Would be interested in a straight answer to this question ChrisF.

Pieces of Eight and the Parrots my Mate!
Polygon Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote