The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old January 19th, 2013, 08:09 PM   #31
bucsfan37659

Wink Re: Can't Kill Jackenstein

I had this same problem with jackenstien.

Found a way around it by joining another person's game when they are starting the same quest for the first time as you are. The. After you beat jackenstien you can go back and his health will go down when you hit the critical spots.

Not sure about that chrysalik though.

Good luck!!!

bucsfan37659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2013, 08:28 PM   #32
zingfharn
I'm sleepy

Default Re: Can't Kill Jackenstein

The cutscenes/opening movies almost always contain clues about the minibosses.
In this one, you see the cylinders, and also the doors closing over his chestjackface.

So there are actually 5 things you need to shoot.

Cylinder 1 (he'll jump up to his ledge), Cylinder 2 (Jump again), Door 1, door 2, chestjackface.
zingfharn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2013, 10:56 PM   #33
gs_proto

My solo strategy: Using Maya with legendary com and no Bee

Guns-Sniper rifle, any good vladof would work just for speed and accuracy(I had corrosive Lyuda), a rubi for healing(I had shock rubi but slag/corrosive would be better I think), I had only Quasar grenades but they weren't too helpful I only chucked them when I used the rubi for more health regen.

I don't know what his resistance is that's just what I used on my second attempt and it worked

1st-I took out the first barrel in 2 seconds with lyuda and waited for him to hop back down and the second barrel took 2 more seconds with my lyuda around this time lots of weak bots are running around annihilate them, they're easy
2nd-just keep running from him and phaselock him whenever you can. When he stops to launch lightning balls at you(they're easy to dodge) feed his chest your sniper bullets, the little circle the size of a psycho head center mass is very tender muwahaha
3rd-if he hits you too much pull out rubi and get your health back, I needed healing 2-3 times I think
gs_proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2013, 11:13 PM   #34
NyteTraxx
Resident Owl

hey guys, how many times a day can you kill Jackenstein? I just beat him and actually got some pretty good vault loot , so I went back to beat him again... and the door to the armoury is shielded off!! I'm gutted, let me know if this in once a day thing or I'm doing something wrong.

cheers
NyteTraxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2013, 11:22 PM   #35
neddghey

here's my zer0 setup

10.4 rof infinity
sheriff badge
sham 94%
legendary class mod
most skills associated with +crit dmg. also some accuracy, b0re, kunai

i just beat jackenstein on first attempt, but was a little hairy at times. still not sure what the hell was going on. my rockets got bounced back, so i just went to town on him with infinity. i had to hide behind that giant crate or whatever while my deception refreshed, so i could get 10% health back from the mod.

definitely could have planned better. didn't have a transfussion nade

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyteTraxx View Post
hey guys, how many times a day can you kill Jackenstein? I just beat him and actually got some pretty good vault loot , so I went back to beat him again... and the door to the armoury is shielded off!! I'm gutted, let me know if this in once a day thing or I'm doing something wrong.

cheers
think you can beat jack all you want, but armory is a one time deal

i could totally be wrong though

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

armory reminded me of knoxx. a veruc was in a chest, but meh i had no use for it.
neddghey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2013, 12:20 AM   #36
yukichigai
...because I was bored

Send a message via ICQ to yukichigai Send a message via AIM to yukichigai Send a message via MSN to yukichigai Send a message via Yahoo to yukichigai Send a message via Skype™ to yukichigai

First time I fought Jackenstein his health bar wasn't going down at all, even with a few Norfleets to the face (they didn't bounce back at me, thank god). I tried my CC, nothing there either. Finally I got out my Shock Pimpernel and shot at the pylons on his back. Damage started happening. Unfortunately I died anyway, but my second time around I did better once I equipped my Hoplite. Long fight but not unfair.

Anyway, I highly recommend doing this with the Pimpernel, if possible. Even the shots that reflect will spawn the five elemental cast-offs, which will damage him. I didn't have to wait for him to expose his chest, I just had to sneak a shot in under him and I could hit his crit zone for decent damage.

Medical Mystery: What if we made a new weapon type, then used two of the worst possible examples to introduce it?
yukichigai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2013, 12:38 AM   #37
sulo_vilen

That was finally quite simple, I used first corrosive pitchfork to swipe those two elec cans from his back and all the hyperion robots. Then fire pitchfork to his chest while he shooted those elec balls. Pitchfork + money shot makes decent damage.
lvl 69 Commando (died, ps3 corrupts save file, no back up. ((
sulo_vilen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2013, 02:21 PM   #38
Ticon

Unhappy Re: Can't Kill Jackenstein

Ive been having problems since the DLC release killing him -Ive changed weapons around left n right i get him half life and the gut opens up and i do crit damage =but nothing, his bar dosent go down at all, one can only do this so many times before he does kill you as he is invincible like this( does gear box know of this issue?-will it be fixed?)

I play a gunzerker, lvl 50 in thvm , i prob can get him down in reg mode but the loot would be worthless.

I haven't tried what one player has done on this thread but Id like give it a go = 'to jump on another players game or have them jump on mine to see if it stops this glitch' since i cant reboot the whole DLC. perhaps i can start on another character but id like to use my main.

can anyone suggest anything?

Last edited by Ticon; February 11th, 2013 at 02:23 PM.
Ticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2013, 01:29 PM   #39
MelodicMizery

i HATE this match, i take those 2 barrels out fast then i spend most of the time waiting for him perched up on that stupid rock then he comes down and kills me instantly. he takes up the whole screen and i cant even dodge him
MelodicMizery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2013, 01:48 PM   #40
MelodicMizery

woah i dunno what the heck i did but i loaded a gun that had no elemental damage it was a sniper rifle with a 22 clip in it that shoots almost like a machine gun and it killed him instantly after the barrels? holy crap that was sweet!
MelodicMizery is offline   Reply With Quote