The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old February 7th, 2013, 03:19 PM   #231
theonerayman

Default Re: A:CM "Bughunt" mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetFisher View Post
Just to clarify the season pass this is a quote from the product description: "Purchase the Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and get access to four downloadable content packages "

Hoping the modes wont be jumbled into the season pass which would be useless for legit customers who preordered the game to support the developer and get the DLC for free. not to mention many players may not want all those modes to choose from since it just becomes more confusing and players today want a game we can pick up and play without needing to go through tons of menus or options. Gearbox allowed players who did not preorder Borderlands 2 to purchase the preorder content such as the Mechromancer class and Moxxi Battle Domes DLC later. Gearbox did not have to do this and it is the choice of the developer to allow players who refused to preorder access to this exclusive content. There has been no confirmation if this DLC will be available later or will be kept as a walmart exclusive so might be better safe than sorry to get it now in case it is not available later.
The difference between a class and a mode is that if no one else has the character its not that big of a deal. But the fewer people that have the bug hunt mode the harder it is for people to find a game. Again, iv accepted the fact that this is DLC, so be it. Its the world we live in. But if this is part of the Season Pass or not is a big deal. And im no longer going to assume to know anything unless I hear it from gearbox or Sega. Even information from news sites about this game has been wrong so...im not assuming anything.
theonerayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2013, 03:21 PM   #232
heady
Svensk Viking

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonerayman View Post
Can we get some kind of confirmation from Gearbox on whether or not Bug Hunt will be in the season pass? This really does make a difference on where I pick my copy up on launch day..
Most likely included.
As for official word, i wouldn't count on it here. They say they lurk the forums all the time and they probably do but they rarely bother to communicate at all, which wouldn't take more than a few extra seconds of their precious time.
No one is asking for debates but a little more interaction would be appreciated. To put it nicely , there are plenty of dev studios out there communicating better and more frequently to their core fans.

Intel I7 ~ 3,1 gHz , 6084mb ddr3, GTX 670 ddr5 2048mb, 1,5 TB HDD
heady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2013, 03:27 PM   #233
BridgetFisher
First Access Club Member

Smile Re: A:CM "Bughunt" mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by heady View Post
Most likely included.
As for official word, i wouldn't count on it here. They say they lurk the forums all the time and they probably do but they rarely bother to communicate at all, which wouldn't take more than a few extra seconds of their precious time.
No one is asking for debates but a little more interaction would be appreciated. To put it nicely , there are plenty of dev studios out there communicating better and more frequently to their core fans.
Gearbox has NEVER included preorder content in a Season Pass as seen with borderlands 2, since it kind of jips people who supported the developer by preordering the game to find out the season pass they bought contains content they already own, as stated the Season pass contains 4 things and people dont want one of those being something they already own. Gearbox is very focused on growing the community and by providing more modes of play later it allows more players to pick and choose what modes are right for them so not everyone gets stuck playing the same thing over and over which gets old after awhile.

Last edited by BridgetFisher; February 7th, 2013 at 03:29 PM.
BridgetFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2013, 03:29 PM   #234
theonerayman

Quote:
Gearbox has NEVER included preorder content in a Season Pass as seen with borderlands 2, since it kind of jips people who supported the developer by preordering the game to find out the season pass they bought contains content they already own. Gearbox is very focused on growing the community and by providing more modes of play later it allows more players to pick and choose what modes are right for them so not everyone gets stuck playing the same thing over and over which gets old after awhile.
Just because they havent done it before doesnt mean they wont do it in the future. Again im not assuming anything.
theonerayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2013, 03:41 PM   #235
sirius89

Just cancelled my CE pre order.No extra money for these greedy suits at SEGA.

Cutting out content just to sell it later on?Not even sure if i will buy the game anymore.I'm an Aliens fan but not a fan of greedy developers/publishers that butcher their game just to get extra money from some braindead sheeples.
sirius89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2013, 03:42 PM   #236
Mkilbride

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirius89 View Post
Just cancelled my CE pre order.No extra money for these greedy suits at SEGA.

Cutting out content just to sell it later on?Not even sure if i will buy the game anymore.I'm an Aliens fan but not a fan of greedy developers/publishers that do everything for a couple extra bucks.
QFT

I got my copy free pretty much. So I'm not returning it. I still want to play...but this literally took the wind out of my sails. For weeks now I was foaming at the mouth and just telling everyone I can to buy it, buy it, buy it.

Then, like a slap in a face, they take the only mode anyone really wanted to play MP for...and remove it from the game, charge 14.99$.
Mkilbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2013, 04:13 PM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #237
ChrisF
GBX Product Manager

Should have more information on this tomorrow that should help to clarify things further, but limiting an entire game mode to just one retailer would be pretty lame.

Last edited by ChrisF; February 7th, 2013 at 04:18 PM.
ChrisF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2013, 04:18 PM   #238
BridgetFisher
First Access Club Member

Smile Re: A:CM "Bughunt" mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkilbride View Post
QFT

I got my copy free pretty much. So I'm not returning it. I still want to play...but this literally took the wind out of my sails. For weeks now I was foaming at the mouth and just telling everyone I can to buy it, buy it, buy it.

Then, like a slap in a face, they take the only mode anyone really wanted to play MP for...and remove it from the game, charge 14.99$.
The mode was not removed from the game, it is ADDED to the game as a preorder bonus. Keep in mind the mode may not be in a finished state and could be like a beta where Gearbox would use feedback via stat tracking allowing Gearbox to tweak the mode so when it is available gamers get the best experience. Think they did this with the moxxi battle dome since it was a preorder bonus that was not available until later for purchase. Im not sure what changes were made since I did not play my preorder version of BL2 until a couple months ago. Id rather have a fully playable mode later that is finished and polished after being tweaked to make it a better gameplay experience personally so I dont see what the big deal is that people would be upset about missing out on something that may or may not be in a final state, Gearbox has always committed in Borderlands to giving us the best gaming experience possible so I am confident that would carry over to ACM as well since its a Gearbox title.

BridgetFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2013, 04:20 PM   #239
Fred DM
First Access Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkilbride View Post
QFT

god, you're pathetic. every single thread you protest yet conveniently get to keep the game you allegedly got for free while others should can their pre-orders. how nice for you, but your protests aren't worth squat under these conditions.

BTW, i'm wondering how you could get an unreleased game for free unless you grabbed it off the bay...

Quote:
The mode was not removed from the game, it is ADDED to the game as a preorder bonus. Keep in mind the mode may not be in a finished state and could be like a beta where Gearbox would use feedback via stat tracking allowing Gearbox to tweak the mode so when it is available gamers get the best experience. Think they did this with the moxxi battle dome since it was a preorder bonus that was not available until later for purchase. Im not sure what changes were made since I did not play my preorder version of BL2 until a couple months ago. Id rather have a fully playable mode later that is finished and polished after being tweaked to make it a better gameplay experience personally so I dont see what the big deal is that people would be upset about missing out on something that may or may not be in a final state, Gearbox has always committed in Borderlands to giving us the best gaming experience possible so I am confident that would carry over to ACM as well since its a Gearbox title.
you know, it wouldn't kill you to be a little bit more critical of corporate actions. you're gobbling up this BS like there's no tomorrow. how would you know this wasn't removed in order to sell it as DLC? it sure as hell looks like it. look around you: everybody expected a horde-style mode to be included. friggin AvP 2010 had it, FFS. why hasn't Gearbox commented on this yet? yeah, i think we can guess why.

Borderlands is a different case. Borderlands is Gearbox's baby, and they've always taken good care of it. A:CM is a contract job. it's been in development way too long and they need to get it out of the door, and it shows.

Last edited by Fred DM; February 7th, 2013 at 04:23 PM.
Fred DM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2013, 04:30 PM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #240
ChrisF
GBX Product Manager

In general, each DLC we produce (regardless of the game) has a development / production schedule and budget that is separate from the main game, and that content would not exist otherwise. We don't cut completed content just to sell it later on.

Last edited by ChrisF; February 7th, 2013 at 04:48 PM.
ChrisF is offline   Reply With Quote