The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old February 11th, 2013, 12:31 PM   #41
blackburnepc

Default Re: Colonial Marines released WITHOUT EXE on Steam

how many games have been released in Australia before North America ?
blackburnepc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2013, 12:32 PM   #42
Mattee

Default Re: Missing Executable

Never mind. I just panicked and found it isn't the disc that's the problem, just the retailer I bought it from releasing it too early.
Mattee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2013, 12:33 PM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #43
ChrisF
GBX Product Manager

The executable should become available once the game is unlocked in your region.

If you're in Australia or New Zealand and the game is listed as available, we're working closely with SEGA and Valve to get that resolved ASAP.

Last edited by ChrisF; February 11th, 2013 at 12:34 PM.
ChrisF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2013, 12:33 PM   #44
blackburnepc

Default Re: Failed to start game (MISSING EXECUTABLE)?

It's happened with a number of games on steam, shows up on new releases only to pop back to comming soon in a few hours.
blackburnepc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2013, 12:33 PM   #45
BlessPL
First Access Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by your evil twin View Post
Normally games are released on Steam everywhere simultaneously, and due to the difference in a time zones a release date of February 12th would usually mean during the day of February 12th in the US, while in the UK and in Europe that's in the evening, and in Australia that's February 13th. It seems that for Australia that's screwed up a bit and Steam has claimed that game is available once it hit 12:01am 12th February in Australia, despite still being in the preload stage.
Agreed good Sir!
Old February 11th, 2013, 12:34 PM   #46
Mattee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisF View Post
Assuming that you're in Australia or New Zealand, we're working closely with SEGA and Valve to get this corrected ASAP.

Else, the executable should become available once the game is unlocked in your region.
Yeah I live in Australia. Sorry I just really got excited when I picked my copy up yesterday and I've been eagerly waiting to play it so when this happened my heart sank.
Old February 11th, 2013, 12:35 PM   #47
Mattee

Default Re: Failed to start game (MISSING EXECUTABLE)?

Yeah it's so dumb. Why can't people get their act together and release games on their correct dates?
Old February 11th, 2013, 12:41 PM   #48
Tilarta

Unhappy Re: Failed to start game (MISSING EXECUTABLE)?

Is that why I'm getting this error?

Because I'm Australian?

Real nice, thanks a lot!
Tilarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2013, 12:41 PM   #49
Kudoz

Default Re: In space no one can hear me scream

How is it solved.

You told me why I don't have a .exe file but it doesn't fix my problem.

Sorry for my hostile attitude but it is now currently 3:40am in Australia. I stayed up to play this game and I guess I'm tired and annoyed. I watched Prometheus, Alien and Aliens tonight to pump myself up to be missing my .exe file.

Rage.
Kudoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2013, 12:44 PM   #50
PhillipJFry

Quote:
Originally Posted by your evil twin View Post
Normally games are released on Steam everywhere simultaneously, and due to the difference in a time zones a release date of February 12th would usually mean during the day of February 12th in the US, while in the UK and in Europe that's in the evening, and in Australia that's February 13th. It seems that for Australia that's screwed up a bit and Steam has claimed that game is available once it hit 12:01am 12th February in Australia, despite still being in the preload stage.
False. Normally games on steam are released on the specific release date in each region. In fact, many gamers take advantage of this fact to unlock games early depending on their region (which incidentally is legal/ok with the publishers). In recent memory, there was Borderlands 2 being unlocked by the UK guys early using a U.S VPN, Medal of Honor Warfighter although through Origin was unlocked early this way, Far Cry 3 worked like this with /specifically/ an Australian VPN, and a few years ago a massive amount of people did the same with Battlefield 3.

To reiterate: Games on Steam are released at different times, but on the same day depending on the region. So yes, someone screwed up badly in this case. The game is out in Australia.
PhillipJFry is offline   Reply With Quote