The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old March 11th, 2013, 10:08 AM   #211
redtwo

Default Re: New Vault Hunter Teaser

Well, I read all the posts and did not see this mentioned so I thought I would add it. I attended the session with Matt and Jonathan. They immediately said they are working on fourth DLC for current season pass. They also mentioned that Brick was the least played character in BL1, something like 16%. They said that Borderlands will always be character driven and always have lots and lots of guns. They said for this new class they are considering the following: 1) idea of stacking 2) risk/reward skills and 3) the lack of a super aggressive close range brawler. Then they showed the teaser.

Those are the facts. Their presentation was one on the development of the characters and roles of borderlands. Their main thrust was contrasted with the role they play, they want their characters to have personalities with histories and relationships. I was happy to hear their thoughts and found that I easily believed they love their creation.

My opinion is that they know Brick was not popular but see a need for a close range killer. It does not predicate that the new class will have melee as its action skill but all evidence does point to that direction. I like the idea that it is Roland brought back to life [degib], it is a little creepy and dark but something I could see them doing. I also like the thought of a corrosive concentration [Iron Wall]. Both of these posts in the thread were clever ideas. I have no doubt Gearbox can produce similar clever ones.

H
Old March 11th, 2013, 10:11 AM   #212
Iron Wall
Above Average

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtwo View Post
Well, I read all the posts and did not see this mentioned so I thought I would add it. I attended the session with Matt and Jonathan. They immediately said they are working on fourth DLC for current season pass. They also mentioned that Brick was the least played character in BL1, something like 16%. They said that Borderlands will always be character driven and always have lots and lots of guns. They said for this new class they are considering the following: 1) idea of stacking 2) risk/reward skills and 3) the lack of a super aggressive close range brawler. Then they showed the teaser.

Those are the facts. Their presentation was one on the development of the characters and roles of borderlands. Their main thrust was contrasted with the role they play, they want their characters to have personalities with histories and relationships. I was happy to hear their thoughts and found that I easily believed they love their creation.

My opinion is that they know Brick was not popular but see a need for a close range killer. It does not predicate that the new class will have melee as its action skill but all evidence does point to that direction. I like the idea that it is Roland brought back to life [degib], it is a little creepy and dark but something I could see them doing. I also like the thought of a corrosive concentration [Iron Wall]. Both of these posts in the thread were clever ideas. I have no doubt Gearbox can produce similar clever ones.

H
Thats very interesting, i missed those details, thanks for posting!

If hes going to be a up close brawler he'll probably have a tanking tree similar to Sal then.
Old March 11th, 2013, 10:21 AM   #213
Sasquash1984
You should All be running

Answering more questions regarding the recently teased sixth playable character class DLC for “Borderlands 2,” Randy Pitchford confirmed yesterday that the new class add-on for the popular co-op shooter will be the only feature of the game’s next DLC pack. After a fan specifically asked whether the new Vault Hunter would be a “stand-alone release like Gaige,” (the game’s first downloadable character class addition), Pitchford simply replied with a “Yes.”

Since Randy Pitchfored, the President of Gearbox Software, recently informed fans that the developer is currently hard at work on both a new character class as well as a level-cap increase for “Borderlands 2,” in addition to the games fourth Season Pass campaign DLC, many gamers were left wondering whether the character class add-on might also come with a level-cap increase for the game. Pitchford has now confirmed that this won’t be the case and that the next DLC add-on will feature only the game’s sixth playable character just like the Mechromancer DLC was set up.

View slideshow: Borderlands 2
“Borderlands 2” is out now on the Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and PC/Mac. The game’s next DLC add-on will include a new playable character class for the game, bringing the total number of Vault Hunters up to six.
Old March 11th, 2013, 10:23 AM   #214
ght

Maybe I'm in the minority, but Brick was my favorite BL1 character. I was quite disappointed when Gunzerker replaced him, and Zero is not a melee character that you can just "kill" with. He requires finesse.

Nothing was more fun than tossing a transfusion grenade and charging into a horde of zombies and punching their heads off.
Old March 11th, 2013, 10:41 AM   #215
Zeke10
Firefly

I bet his skill is turning into that thing. Because at one point he looks smaller and is shooting a gun then BAM monster

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by UYAoFAN View Post
Guys, its dog from half life
"Hello yes this is dog"

Devils asylum idea
http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/sh...12#post4008812

R.I.P Cameron
Old March 11th, 2013, 10:42 AM   #216
redtwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ght View Post
Maybe I'm in the minority, but Brick was my favorite BL1 character. I was quite disappointed when Gunzerker replaced him, and Zero is not a melee character that you can just "kill" with. He requires finesse.

Nothing was more fun than tossing a transfusion grenade and charging into a horde of zombies and punching their heads off.
One thing Matt and/or Jonathan said was that even though Brick was not played as much, his players were extremely loyal. Those that played Brick, loved Brick. So you are in the majority of the minority

H
Old March 11th, 2013, 10:48 AM   #217
CupcakeManagerie
short BUT DEADLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtwo View Post
One thing Matt and/or Jonathan said was that even though Brick was not played as much, his players were extremely loyal. Those that played Brick, loved Brick. So you are in the majority of the minority
I found what he said about the gunzerker to be true too. I'm pretty loyal to my gunzerker, and he's my favorite character of them all.
Old March 11th, 2013, 10:50 AM   #218
Ackter
ʳ`\/ʴ wub wub wub

I loved Brick, with Lilith a close second.

To me this guy looks like one of the Hyperian people from the Wildlife Preserve, maybe the guy mentioned in the Echos you pick up for Tannis throughout it?

Would kill for a slag experimented Guardian though.
Old March 11th, 2013, 11:11 AM   #219
Jaejae
Actual God.

It's obviously bricks mom.
Old March 11th, 2013, 11:16 AM   #220
Imrahil
Don't Panic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp View Post
I still think its tiny Tina's father survived since they were experimented on.
They'd have to change the Tiny Tina missions then... it would be weird having her talk to her father like that, no emotional attachment towards him... but then again just say Tina's father is a preacher and it would all make sense.

What I'm trying to say is.... DON'T DATE A PREACHERS DAUGHTER!

Not joking.... seriously.