The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old April 23rd, 2013, 06:54 PM   #91
ÜberJumper

Default Re: Homeworld Acquisition and Plans

I read "digital platforms" as steam, etc. Not Xbox/Playstation/etc.
ÜberJumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2013, 07:28 PM   #92
Avetorian

I was thinking the same, Steam, GOG, would be ideal, I look forward to the new multiplayer code, being able to play with my friends again, so much fun.
Avetorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2013, 08:30 PM   #93
Harrier77
Ageing Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ÜberJumper View Post
I read "digital platforms" as steam, etc. Not Xbox/Playstation/etc.
I hope you are right, but why should PSN and XBL not be considered leading digital platforms? No mention of things being PC exclusive, which would be very easy to clarify if it were the case.

Last edited by Harrier77; April 23rd, 2013 at 08:31 PM.
Harrier77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2013, 09:40 PM   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #94
ChrisF
GBX Product Manager

Just to be clear, the "leading digital platforms" referenced in the announcement can be safely read as "leading digital PC platforms."

First things first, the intent is to get Homeworld and Homeworld 2 up and running on modern PC hardware and available on digital PC platforms so that fans both new and old can easily experience them again or for the very first time.
ChrisF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2013, 01:33 AM   #95
gravitybong
datlizardshuman

Tbh, Homeworld brought me here would be my first introduction!

First and foremost I would like to congratulate GearBox for the purchasing rights of homeworld IP.

There is a reason which I believe why GearBox took the time and effort to out bid all other bidders out there. Besides getting the most revolutionized RTS game ever created and also knowingly emptying my pocket for any up coming homeworld product may come our way. Brian Martels love and respect says everything about where the homeworld IP will be heading. Love meaning the same love as we the homeworld community as a whole cherish from the launch pad off of the atmosphere of kharak and feeling the emotional down fall that lead kharaks destruction to respecting how we as the whole community respect what really made homeworld the most revolutionized rts game ever experience since rts were ever created.

I don't want to write a book about how homeworld captured that special moment in my life and chaged how I embraced RTS games because deep inside I'm sure all of us here who had played homeworld share the same expereince as I have.

All of us should not conclude beyond what hasn't happened yet or even speculate. What I can say is that GearBox is willing to lend an ear and listen to what we have to say about where we would want homeworld to be moving forward. This should be a big hint for us that they will listen to us and saying that they (gearbox) are as well part of the whole community that loved and respect homeworld. What more can we ask? I mean isn't that where great games form for having everyone's opinion gathered together and make something out of what we all love?

I challenge GearBox to be strong and move a step ahead of expectations for what homeoworld had given us. Embrace the vastness of possibility and opportunity that was left by the spirit of homeworld. This is what we have all been waiting for a long time and now its not in secrets or rumors but a reality that homeworld has been given a new life complimentary to GearBox.

Good Luck GearBox, may you be the one that will change the life of many.
gravitybong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2013, 06:24 AM   #96
Asterlet

I share the general sentiments of the thread. What i would like to add is that in Homeworld details are important. Even in a simple Steam release, for instance, you may want to include the original Homeworld manual and documentation in .pdf, which were included with the CD release. They contained a good amount of game lore and Trivia, which became an important source of inspiration for the fandom.
Asterlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2013, 07:02 AM   #97
Nakamura_Complex
Complex Enhanced lead dev

Send a message via Skype™ to Nakamura_Complex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisF View Post
Just to be clear, the "leading digital platforms" referenced in the announcement can be safely read as "leading digital PC platforms."

First things first, the intent is to get Homeworld and Homeworld 2 up and running on modern PC hardware and available on digital PC platforms so that fans both new and old can easily experience them again or for the very first time.
YES, thank you. Now everyone can finally relax. I should put this in my sig...

Last edited by Nakamura_Complex; April 24th, 2013 at 07:08 AM.
Nakamura_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2013, 08:37 AM   #98
FransisJasper
Squadron leader

Send a message via ICQ to FransisJasper Send a message via Skype™ to FransisJasper

Quote:

Thanks, its just what we need at the begining. Gearbox, good luck in this good deal!

Last edited by FransisJasper; April 24th, 2013 at 09:38 AM.
FransisJasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2013, 10:17 AM   #99
assasing123

Quote:

This just got you 4 thumbs up from me! AWESOME TO HEAR!
assasing123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2013, 11:33 AM   #100
Handsome Jack
The Villain

I just realised this thread SHOULD have been named Homeworld Acquisition and Transfer.