The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Gearbox Games > Borderlands 2 > BL2 Gameplay Discussion (Spoilers!)

Old June 28th, 2013, 05:30 PM   #1
fountg

Default Thanks GBX, you kinda just ruined my game experience.

I have never been so frustrated with a game as i am right now. Up until this week, I never bothered with UVHM. I thought it was quite honestly the dumbest thing on earth because it was too hard to even be fun. Well I finally gave in and started playing it anyways, and actually getting the hang of it! I thought holy crap IM killing stuff on UVHM by myself! I started playing the new DLC on UVHM. I slowly (but surely) worked my way through the entire thing, feeling the most joy ive ever felt out of borderlands 2 every time id kill off a boss. And then this happened....

I defeat the Sorcerers daughter. I head up to fight the final boss. It takes me like 20 minutes but I beat Sorcerer Jack...then comes Necrotic Jack...takes even longer! But I barely manage to beat him...then comes Demonic Jack....

and Im totally winning! Im really doing it! My hands are shaking and im sweating and im so happy that I will be able to say I accomplished this.

then... I get Demonic Jack down to half health....and he summons an Ancient Dragon.. and things go all sorts of wrong.

The Dragon one hits my shield away, then one hits me into FFYL. I cant I hit kill the little dragons so my only chance is if one of them is right next to me (usually not since I try to stay away from everything.) Now my chance to beat this is ruined because of that Dragon. I respawn and can fight the Demonic Sorcerer, but he's back at full health and now the dragon is always there. I can never hit the dragon before he hits me, and im barely able to do 1/15th of the DemonicS's health before Im dead again. Im essentially stuck, as I die within seconds of teleporting up there because the dragon like instant attacks me. Im starting to think my initial thoughts of UVHM were right.

tl;dr : If you arent using a super insta kill combo, Demonic Sorcerer on UVHM is basically impossible, especially if you die during the fight and have to restart after the dragon appears.
fountg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2013, 05:34 PM   #2
lopham2

Default Re: Thanks GBX, you kinda just ruined my game experience.

The question is...why are you killing the baby dragons that he summons. The whole fight was just me kiting him around and take pot shots at him while his minions chase me. The only time I ever killed a minion was when he summoned clones of himself in the 1st phase. Also, from personal experience, I don't remember ever being downed by him or his dragons as long as you are kiting him and jumping around. This is all while not slagging him.

With normal gears (purple rarity or lower with no red text), it is a pretty fair fight even on UVHM.

Last edited by lopham2; June 28th, 2013 at 05:36 PM.
lopham2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2013, 05:36 PM   #3
fountg

Not the baby dragons, the baby dragons are just for FFYL is what im saying. its the Ancient dragon that attacks me, and its kinda hard to fight him and just dodge that thing.
Old June 28th, 2013, 05:38 PM   #4
lopham2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fountg View Post
Not the baby dragons, the baby dragons are just for FFYL is what im saying. its the Ancient dragon that attacks me, and its kinda hard to fight him and just dodge that thing.
Oh that big one. I must have been lucky or something, because i don't remember myself getting downed by the big ancient dragon at all. Like I mentioned, all i did was running and jumping in circles while shooting at him.

Edit: If you are having trouble with the big dragon, perhaps you should try and take it out fast. They can be annoying but still doable. What character were you solo'ing him as? Cause i now remember why i never had trouble with that dragon. I was playing as axton and the turret probably took the aggro, which is why i don't remember ever being attacked by the dragon. For other characters with normal gears, the dragons are much more of a pain since you can't summon something to take the aggro away from you.

Last edited by lopham2; June 28th, 2013 at 05:41 PM.
lopham2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2013, 05:40 PM   #5
fountg

Im trying again now, The big dragon left or something? Idk. Like after he appeared the first time, he would just stick around after my respawn. Now though he's nowhere to be found so if he doesnt respawn I got this, if he does...we'll see. Truthfully Demonic S himself Im not finding too hard, its just that damn dragon that throws it overboard.
Old June 28th, 2013, 05:41 PM   #6
Eyes_Only
Dirty little freak.

Well, you can't be one shotted because health gate.

Also, if I, with my measly skillz, who can't down Duke of Orks but had no trouble during that particular fight it shouldn't be very hard...

Cheers...
Eyes_Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2013, 05:43 PM   #7
legendx66
Claptrap's greatest fear

I just killed the dragon before teleporting back up to the fight. get rid of that and the fight is easy.
Old June 28th, 2013, 05:45 PM   #8
DesecratedFlame
banned

What character are you using?
DesecratedFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2013, 05:48 PM   #9
fountg

Salvador.

Update. So, I did like the above poster said and killed the dragon while down below, and I have Sorc. down to 1/4th. This would be my first ever 'big boss' killed solo in UVHM. wish me luck.
Old June 28th, 2013, 05:50 PM   #10
DesecratedFlame
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fountg View Post
Salvador.

Update. So, I did like the above poster said and killed the dragon while down below, and I have Sorc. down to 1/4th. This would be my first ever 'big boss' killed solo in UVHM. wish me luck.
Put a slag rubi in your left hand, and Sal become virtually unkillable in UVHM.
DesecratedFlame is offline   Reply With Quote