The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Gearbox Games > Borderlands 2 > BL2 General Discussion (No Spoilers!)

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 18th, 2013, 08:39 PM   #1
SobiSeba

Default Why isn't Gearbox Software releasing more Stamps for Loot The World?

Seems like Gearbox Software has gone quiet with Loot The World app and is no longer talking about it and has not released stamps? why? It's quite a cool app

The reasons I can think of is:

1) Maybe they are busy working to release it to the whole world and then they will give out the stamps (I hope this is the reason)

2) Maybe they are disappointed that we are not using the app as intended - obviously they wanted us to go scan real products in real life, and share it with our real life friends, but instead most people are staying home and scanning codes from QR Code Generators and sharing the good stuff on Orcz. But we are having fun and getting some cool items, isn't that important?

Anyway it just seems weird Gearbox is so quiet about this app and noonefrom Gearbox has made any tweets or facebook posts etc about the app. I hope its because they are busy working on releasing it to the rest of the world!
SobiSeba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2013, 09:05 PM   #2
MrFunsizen
Deceiving Deception

Default Re: Why isn't Gearbox Software releasing more Stamps for Loot The World?

Because you either can't get anything good out of it or if you do it isn't the appropriate level, therefore there is no need for stamps. Unless they implement bigg thumprr
Old December 18th, 2013, 10:37 PM   #3
duskrand04
First Access Club Member

Default Re: Why isn't Gearbox Software releasing more Stamps for Loot The World?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFunsizen View Post
Unless they implement bigg thumprr
Let it go...

As far as "the appropriate level" goes, many people have various level characters.

Edit---and as far as working on releasing it to the rest of the world, I'd bet dollars to donuts that the departments working on that is not the same as the ones working on releasing stamps. And the theory of wanting us to scan real life items rather than QR code generators goes out the window with the level 70 Bee.

Last edited by duskrand04; December 18th, 2013 at 10:44 PM.
duskrand04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2013, 10:40 PM   #4
RAAMzilla
R.I.P. Yoteslaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by duskrand04 View Post
Let it go...
It's hard to swallow 11,000,000 roid.
Old December 18th, 2013, 11:02 PM   #5
MrFunsizen
Deceiving Deception

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAAMzilla View Post
It's hard to swallow 11,000,000 roid.
11 mill, I can't get over that...
The only reason it's not in the game is because technical problems, not because overpowered or people complaining. Just technical. Its the legendary melee sheild that there should be. That is truly missing for zero and kreig players, it was so beautiful.

Back to the topic
I've got a variety of level characters but finding the appropriate gear for the right character at the right level is hard. I'm not putting a purple Hyperion sniper on my hellborn kreig.
It's hard to match it up right,
Old December 19th, 2013, 01:13 AM   #6
diablolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFunsizen View Post

Back to the topic
I've got a variety of level characters but finding the appropriate gear for the right character at the right level is hard. I'm not putting a purple Hyperion sniper on my hellborn kreig.
It's hard to match it up right,
That's the whole point of being able to share the QR codes

So you share the one you found and many who need it can use it

And you use a QR Code that someone else shared that gives a good item for your Hellborn Krieg

Last edited by diablolic; December 19th, 2013 at 01:16 AM.
diablolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2013, 02:36 AM   #7
JimmyC
Boston a.k.a. Titletown

I really need stamps bad. This is getting frustrating. I mean I've scanned everything w/a barcode in my house and have used the Code generator and nothing has given me extra stamps. C'mon GBX, stop being so stingy w/the damn stamps
Old December 21st, 2013, 03:00 PM   #8
Dirtman73
First Access Club Member

It's probably fair to assume at this point in time that Gearbox are not going to release more stamps.

If I had known that there would only be a set number of stamps made available, I wouldn't have wasted all of mine on the lesser items. Nice going, Gearbox. Once again you guys turn a simple contest into a cluster****.
Dirtman73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2013, 03:01 PM   #9
duskrand04
First Access Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtman73 View Post
It's probably fair to assume at this point in time that Gearbox are not going to release more stamps.

If I had known that there would only be a set number of stamps made available, I wouldn't have wasted all of mine on the lesser items. Nice one, Gearbox. Once again you guys turn a simple contest into a cluster****.
They released 4 stamps (well, technically plaintext QR codes containing redeemable stamps) a couple days ago...

Last edited by duskrand04; December 21st, 2013 at 03:04 PM.
duskrand04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2013, 03:12 PM   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #10
ChrisF
GBX Product Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by duskrand04 View Post
They released 4 stamps (well, technically plaintext QR codes containing redeemable stamps) a couple days ago...
Yup, and we'll have more on the GearboxSoftware Twitter and Borderlands Facebook in the coming days and weeks. Keep an eye out!