The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Gearbox Games > Duke Nukem Forever > DNF Fan Creations

View Poll Results: Do you want Mod Tools to be released with DNF?
Yes 628 97.06%
No 19 2.94%
Voters: 647. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 20th, 2012, 12:43 AM   #1001
BridgetFisher
First Access Club Member

Default Re: Level Editor & Mod Tools Thread

Voted yes!

Though this wont happen since maybe modern games are not modded like they used to be since the modding community has shrunk due to the lawsuits. Id like to see duke kept alive and since I got the game on day one, I feel like it was always on life support. Id really like to see something happen. Im hoping with this thread the new duke game coming out will have the mod tools to go with it.

BridgetFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2012, 10:17 AM   #1002
Dark Rabbit
3DRe Decepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetFisher View Post
Voted yes!

Though this wont happen since maybe modern games are not modded like they used to be since the modding community has shrunk due to the lawsuits. Id like to see duke kept alive and since I got the game on day one, I feel like it was always on life support. Id really like to see something happen. Im hoping with this thread the new duke game coming out will have the mod tools to go with it.
I think I voted yes too when this poll first came out.

One thing I wish they would do is send out a patch for DNF that disables Steam's tendency to 'autocorrect' and remove any changes made to the game through modding. Or even to disable the game's need to be on Steam period, and let it be run online like any other normal game. That way if a person chooses to mod they can, and the devs don't have to do much effort. Because this really can be a great game to mod, and even if the patch would need one to pay for it, it would still be worth it.
Old June 22nd, 2012, 03:47 AM   #1003
pjVgt
Naytard and Hater

I think we are left in the dark here - I even contacted guys who COULD do it but they had other more interesting and better paid things to do.
"...do ya want to taste Goofy's magic milk kiddo? It smells little fishy but damn it is good - it will make ya grow big and strong. But you must first lick my warm cherry lollipop on my thumb to get it. I have it right here - in my..."
pjVgt is offline   Reply With Quote