The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Technical Support > Borderlands Technical Support > BL PC and Mac Technical Support

Old June 15th, 2010, 12:43 PM   #1
Carbonunit357

Default Borderlands launching Issue { APPCRASH, SHA verification failed, c++ runtime}

Since february, every time I try to run borderlands on steam, I get 2-3 error messages. I've been through steam to try to fix it, Including reinstalling DirectX, C++, and PhysX. I've reinstalled the game multiple times I've even reformatted my computer and reinstalled the game, but nothing has worked.

Bacically when I run the game I get a "borderlands has stopped working" screen, a message telling me SHA verification failed for C:\Program files(x86}\Steam\Steamapps\common\borderlands\engi ne\shaders\common.us. Reason:bad hash, and a Runtime Error! screen.

This leads me to believe it's either my operating system, ot hardware. I'm using windows 7 64 bit, it's not pirated by my college gives us free copies of windows 7. The other possibility is that it's my hardware. I'm using an AM3 quad core 3.2ghz, An msi 790FX-GD70 Mobo, A Saphire radeon HD5870, and 4 gigs of 1600mhz DDR3
Carbonunit357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2010, 10:26 PM   #2
Relics
What?

Default Re: Borderlands launching Issue { APPCRASH, SHA verification failed, c++ runtime}

You likely already have, but just to check: have you used Steam's "verify game integrity" option?

1. Delete the common.us file
2. Right click the game in Steam -> Properties -> Local-Files Tab -> Verify Integrity of Game Cache

Steam should detect the missing file and automatically download it.

EDIT: I do hope your game isn't pirated...

Last edited by Relics; June 15th, 2010 at 10:27 PM.
Relics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2010, 11:40 PM   #3
Carbonunit357

Default Re: Borderlands launching Issue { APPCRASH, SHA verification failed, c++ runtime}

Yep, tried that. And no, I bought the game at release from steam. Kinda pissed that I'm unable to play it, also pissed that steam is useless when it came to helping me solve my problem.
Carbonunit357 is offline   Reply With Quote