The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old August 14th, 2010, 03:10 AM   #1
Kalicola

Default Uninstall DLC on steam?

Hey guys

I'm new here. I love the game so far. Playing with 2 other friends, and we're around level 17 now.

Anyways. Here's my problem.

After a play session with my friends, I kind of went bloodlust and bought the 3 dlc packs for the game, and now I think I did something I shouldn't have done.

For one, I'm not sure it I can still play with my friends who doesn't have the DLCs installed?

And secondly, I regret buying the knoxx pack, as I read that it ruins the rest of the game, because you're getting too high level.

Anyone has a solution here? How do I uninstall the DLCs from steam without uninstalling the whole game? It seems like the DLCs are getting installed and uninstalle with the main game.

Hope to get some help here, cause I'm kind of confused
Kalicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2010, 03:19 AM   #2
thrasherv3
Spreading the Fire

Default Re: Uninstall DLC on steam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalicola View Post
Hey guys

I'm new here. I love the game so far. Playing with 2 other friends, and we're around level 17 now.

Anyways. Here's my problem.

After a play session with my friends, I kind of went bloodlust and bought the 3 dlc packs for the game, and now I think I did something I shouldn't have done.

For one, I'm not sure it I can still play with my friends who doesn't have the DLCs installed?

And secondly, I regret buying the knoxx pack, as I read that it ruins the rest of the game, because you're getting too high level.

Anyone has a solution here? How do I uninstall the DLCs from steam without uninstalling the whole game? It seems like the DLCs are getting installed and uninstalle with the main game.

Hope to get some help here, cause I'm kind of confused
1. You can still play with your friends and they can still play with you

2. You should be fine if you DO NOT travel to T-bone Junction. I'm 99% sure if you don't travel there you stay at 50 but i could be wrong.

As for uninstalling just the DLC im not sure how. Maybe some one with more steam experince knows. But i think i read in another thread that you can not uninstall just the DLC but i can not remember:Gowman:
Old August 14th, 2010, 04:07 AM   #3
Kalicola

Cool, thanks for the answer. What is the t-bone junktion? is that a hub that connects all the DLCs? Or what exactly is it?

Sounds like I'll just keep the DLCs installed, and just not go to t-bone junktion then. phew!
Kalicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2010, 10:43 AM   #4
ATimson
And so it begins.

Quote:
As long as one of them is the host, you should be fine.

Quote:
How do I uninstall the DLCs from steam without uninstalling the whole game? It seems like the DLCs are getting installed and uninstalle with the main game.
That's correct; Steam does not allow you to not install/partially install DLC. It's all-or-nothing.
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote