The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Technical Support > Borderlands Technical Support > BL PC and Mac Technical Support

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 6th, 2010, 04:27 PM   #1
v!ckster

Default Can someone send me physxcudart_20.dll file?

Hell if I can find it on my XP Pro machine, neither in the Wndows/system folder or in my B'lands binaries folder. I've got other physx data files but not the one that my Win7 install keeps telling me I need so I don't get an f'ing fatal error. Can someone please contact me if you've got this file? Even someone from Gearbox that would be cool
v!ckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2010, 04:45 PM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
botman
GBX

Default Re: Can someone send me physxcudart_20.dll file?

Try running the PhysX_8.10.29_SystemSoftware application in your Borderlands\Prerequisites folder (that should install PhysX if it didn't install properly).

"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?" - Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
botman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2010, 04:46 PM   #3
Psychoray

Install nvidia physx drivers.

Yes, even if you don't have nvidia hardware.
Psychoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2010, 07:00 PM   #4
v!ckster

That's exactly my problem. I get a fatal error message on the physx drivers install - just like I got a fatal error install on my retail Borderlands game dvd until I used uniextractor to get the program files out of the installer, so to speak. So to my original question - can someone send me the file and maybe I can play this game in Win7?

Edit to say the only reason I had the other PhysX files was I was able to drag those into my binaries folder from the same folder from my Borderlands install on my XP Pro box...

Last edited by v!ckster; September 6th, 2010 at 08:12 PM.
Old September 7th, 2010, 08:42 AM   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5
botman
GBX

See if the next to the last post in this thread helps...

http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com...d.php?t=109662

"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?" - Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
botman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2010, 10:36 AM   #6
v!ckster

Tried the / quiet parameter already to no avail the other day before I posted my request in this thread. Maybe I screwed up the syntax of the command prompt - what should it be? <sigh> I suppose it's too easy just to get a copy of the file...
Old September 7th, 2010, 11:30 AM   #7
Darkdrium
Dazewing

Where exactly would this file be? I don't see any .dll in the Binaries folder called physxcudart_20.dll

Also, suppose it gives a fatal error because it is the first in a series of files that are missing. I would have to upload all the files for each of the fatal errors it does after the first?
Darkdrium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2010, 01:11 PM   #8
v!ckster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkdrium View Post
Where exactly would this file be? I don't see any .dll in the Binaries folder called physxcudart_20.dll

Also, suppose it gives a fatal error because it is the first in a series of files that are missing. I would have to upload all the files for each of the fatal errors it does after the first?
Supposedly it's in the system sub-folder of the Windows folder.

I searched through my XP Pro install and found every file with PhysX in the name - with the exception of physxcudart_20.dll of course. I'm hoping that one file will do the trick. If there's more fatal errors after that - well, I suppose I can always sell the game on a message board somewhere...
Old September 7th, 2010, 01:31 PM   #9
Darkdrium
Dazewing

Well, it doesn't go where you say. I searched my whole computer and I found only three instances of this .dll, one of which is inside the Windows.old folder (So it is inactive because that's my old Windows XP.)

The one I am giving you goes into:
C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common

The other instance which is active corresponds to the UDK game Angels Fall First Planetstorm and was placed in:
C:\UDK\AFFPlanetstorm\Binaries\Win32

No instances of this .dll were in the System, System32 or SysWOW64 folders.

Here is the download anyways
Darkdrium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2010, 03:07 PM   #10
v!ckster

Thanks Darkdrium, that one simple little file did the trick. Didn't matter from where you got, I dumped it in my binaries folder, added my savegame files I had carried over from my old installation, and voila! Got my lvl 44 Roland and lvl 32 Mordy back. Again, much much thanks.

EDIT to say I finally found the file in a folder called PhysX Software in my Program Files folder of my XP Pro box. Still don't know why the Explorer search function didn't show it when I executed the search. Oh well, it's running in Win7 now so all is good.

Last edited by v!ckster; September 8th, 2010 at 12:40 PM.