The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Gearbox Games > Borderlands > GearChat

Old January 28th, 2011, 12:47 AM   #121
jordanmckell

Default Re: Beginner's Guide to BL's Weapon Generator

Thank you for this thread. I've been following the 'item finds of the day' thread for weeks now, and now i finally know what these guys are talking about when they say barrel4, action, spread launcher and frenzied.
jordanmckell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2011, 12:00 AM   #122
K0rN b4LL
Freak on a Leash

Have added the Atlas and Torgue material charts in the material section and the Visual Guide to Repeater and Machine Pistol Action #2 thread link to the Action section. (I know mine's just as bad but we gotta start shortening these thread names a bit)

Last edited by K0rN b4LL; February 14th, 2011 at 12:05 AM.
K0rN b4LL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2011, 05:23 PM   #123
Schalde1982

Its indeed a great and informative guide, but havent nearly read it all since it also confuse me abit .. sorry hehe. just new too the game still, only lvl 54. first toon

My short question, which is my big question when looking at weapon ingame is

Example :

I got a Combat rifle which is lvl 51 and do 250 dmg and have a x2 elemental dmg

then i got another lvl 49 combat rifle that do 310 dmg but dosent have any elemental dmg. How do i calcualte what do the best dmg overall of these 2 weapons??

Also :

one SMG which does 250 dmg compared too another SMG that do 70 dmg x6 which one is best of these ??

Sorry for the noob answears, but hope someone can give a more clear insight on how it works, since im sometimes running around with weapon 10 lvls under my toons lvl because it have x7 dmg or something.
Schalde1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2011, 10:12 PM   #124
K0rN b4LL
Freak on a Leash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schalde1982 View Post
I got a Combat rifle which is lvl 51 and do 250 dmg and have a x2 elemental dmg

then i got another lvl 49 combat rifle that do 310 dmg but dosent have any elemental dmg. How do i calcualte what do the best dmg overall of these 2 weapons??
Depends on the fire rate. Higher damage is nice but not as valuable if you can put more bullets downfield faster. If the 51 has a really higher fire rate then go with that, if the fire rates are closer go with the high damage one since CRs are burst fire and fire rate doesn't mean quite as much (still important though). The element comes into play depending on which element it is and what enemy you are shooting at. Different enemies are weak against different elements, and some are resistant to certain ones as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schalde1982 View Post
Also :

one SMG which does 250 dmg compared too another SMG that do 70 dmg x6 which one is best of these ??
There is no SMG with x6 damage, if you got one then it is modded and I'm guessing someone gave it to you. SMGs can only have x2 or x4 multipliers, and if you have an x4 then it has to be an Anarchy. (high damge, low accuracy) If you typed wrong and it is x4 then go with the 250 for most situations and switch to the Anarchy when you get real close. Anarchies are like shotguns for SMG users, ridiculously powerful but you have to be right up in their face.

Last edited by K0rN b4LL; February 20th, 2011 at 10:24 PM.
Old February 21st, 2011, 05:26 PM   #125
Schalde1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by K0rN b4LL View Post
Depends on the fire rate. Higher damage is nice but not as valuable if you can put more bullets downfield faster. If the 51 has a really higher fire rate then go with that, if the fire rates are closer go with the high damage one since CRs are burst fire and fire rate doesn't mean quite as much (still important though). The element comes into play depending on which element it is and what enemy you are shooting at. Different enemies are weak against different elements, and some are resistant to certain ones as well.

There is no SMG with x6 damage, if you got one then it is modded and I'm guessing someone gave it to you. SMGs can only have x2 or x4 multipliers, and if you have an x4 then it has to be an Anarchy. (high damge, low accuracy) If you typed wrong and it is x4 then go with the 250 for most situations and switch to the Anarchy when you get real close. Anarchies are like shotguns for SMG users, ridiculously powerful but you have to be right up in their face.
Thanks alot for the indeep answear i will try and look more on fire rate.

For the other question, the smg was just and example, i actually running around with a shotgun which give me 110 x11 a lvl 37 weapon, and i cant really force myself too get rit of it, since in my head it over 1k dps ??
Schalde1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2011, 08:30 PM   #126
K0rN b4LL
Freak on a Leash

DPS = Damage Per Second. To get it you multiply the damage by the fire rate so it would be whatever that 110 x 11 would be (1210 in my head if I'm doing it right) multiplied by the fire rate.
Old March 11th, 2011, 12:50 AM   #127
Smeggit
A What Now?!

Heya K0rN b4LL, I was looking at the MP's and Repeaters and I'm afraid the you have accessory 3 and 5 mixed around.

Sorry, it's the Parts Picker that's wrong.

Mord Craw Kill (Glitch Free)

Useful Links:
Identify Gun Parts / Gun Part Guide / Eridian Parts / Farming Guide / Fix Glitched Quests, Playthrough 3 & more / The alternate Farmory method

Last edited by Smeggit; March 11th, 2011 at 01:08 AM.
Smeggit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2011, 12:58 AM   #128
K0rN b4LL
Freak on a Leash

Ya sure on that? Calc has em the way I got em. That another one of its inconsistencies?
Old March 11th, 2011, 01:10 AM   #129
Smeggit
A What Now?!

Doh, sorry. I double checked in WT and accessory 5 is elemental. The Parts Picker has it wrong.

Mord Craw Kill (Glitch Free)

Useful Links:
Identify Gun Parts / Gun Part Guide / Eridian Parts / Farming Guide / Fix Glitched Quests, Playthrough 3 & more / The alternate Farmory method
Smeggit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2011, 01:10 AM   #130
Maxxfury
Proud Troll Enabler >;-p

wt# has the elem acc as acc.5....(inc hornet+hawk) Seems right on OP to me. If it was wrong in calc for that..the export code would roll up the wrong acc when imported to WT#.
Maxxfury is offline   Reply With Quote