The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Gearbox Games > Borderlands > GearChat

Old August 1st, 2011, 04:00 PM   #211
Mark Levinson
Hyperion Representative

Default Re: Beginner's Guide to BL's Weapon Generator

Angry>Cobalt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxfury View Post
So.. been awol mostly for a while...

Whats this big kick off over elem shotties?...details and ill clear it up! (mobile browser = not been able to whore around and find all the details my self.../sigh)

And yes, some of the stuff in instant karma's sticky thread IS out of date or just not correct..its from a LONG time ago before a lot of the newer more accurate research was completed...

But i guess its about a mat2 angry elem shotty vs a mat3 cobalt as example? cos in that case the angry will be a more potent weapon, if only for the fact it reloads quicker and increases rof (and quicke reload = more dps)and does have a better damage output purely in the math! by around 8% assuming identical parts and no stock, sans the material difference...obviously these numbers are averagaed out over time.. another case of mat2 + cool prefix > mat 3 + manufactorer prefix. as the angry prefix DOES have stat boosts added after teh fact, and the elem prefix dont..

This ofc assumes your goin full tilt hitting everyshot at full rate of fire...

note: if i recall correctly hes shotties will either proc all pellets or none..no half measures.. so yes they do hit hard when they proc (all be it ONLY ever a multiplier of the same magnitude on each tech leverl, ie, x1, x2, x3, x4..)...prob looking everage a 1 in 5 proc chance to start out, obviously lowering as time goes on....and prob only gettin 5 or 6 before you load is blow and your running on fumes.... *exempt are the specific unique elem acc, just talkin here the standard generic elem acc..and obviously this is the same all thru the game that you get mor procs form teh unique than the generic acc.

note2: saying a shotgun can only ever proc for x2 is VERY misleading and too a degree incorrect!.. what that infact means is all the procs no matter which tech level procs, be it chance 1 (the x4 line) chance 2 (the x3 line) chance 3 (the x2 line) or the lace chance (x1 line lowest) it will have the same multiplier.... its the same as ppl saying the firehawk procs @x6... it doesnt! it always procs the same ammount, jsut x6 seems to have been an estimate based on the size of the explosion compared to the regular repeaters proc size..(which also isnt awlays an x2 proc) all procs are the same size...sopme weapons have a differnt multipler for each proc line..some dont...these dont ^^ old info from old times thats a little dated in that thread...! but was very close to what we since found out, but not quite there yet

Good day!
Quicker rof, reload speed and basically only 1 in 5 chance of it procing on the first shot, with that chance decreasing every time it does. Shotties should'nt be really relied on for their procing abilities, but more for pure dps.
BL1 Collection

Last edited by Mark Levinson; August 1st, 2011 at 04:13 PM.
Mark Levinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2011, 05:08 PM   #212
supersoldier11

I just finally read the entire OP but not the whole thread. I've done a lot of farming, so I know stats pretty well and I'm trying to catch up on my parts knowledge.

Question: Why is DVL the preferred body for bolt action snipers? Off the top of my head I know the stats of perfect lvl 68 VRR and GGN 6-shot B5 Volcanos and have an idea of DVL (somebody correct this one for me please.

VRR: 811/98.7/1.1
GGN: 865/98.7/0.9
DVL: (guestimate) (1080ish/98.7/0.7)

From the OP: "-Body1 - GGN - slightly decreases damage.
-Body3 - VRR - slightly decreases damage, increases fire rate, reduces recoil, and adds alot of tech.
-Body4 - DVL - (Preferred) increases damage, reduces fire rate, adds alot of recoil, and adds a litte tech."

This really seems like a preference thing here to me, much like scopes. DVL high dmg, low rof. VRR low dmg, high ROF. GGN: balanced

Plus VRR (from OP) reduces recoil and adds a lot of tech. IMO VRR ftw.
supersoldier11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2011, 09:31 PM   #213
Smeggit
A What Now?!

In general Bolt Action snipers are considered high damage single shot weapons so the damage is preferred over fire rate.

My personal preference is similar to yours in that I like VRR for elemental snipers where more DOT is what I want. For flat damage I'd take a DVL.

Mord Craw Kill (Glitch Free)

Useful Links:
Identify Gun Parts / Gun Part Guide / Eridian Parts / Farming Guide / Fix Glitched Quests, Playthrough 3 & more / The alternate Farmory method

Last edited by Smeggit; August 26th, 2011 at 09:36 PM.
Smeggit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2011, 01:47 AM   #214
supersoldier11

Don't know man. Def VRR on the elementals IMO. I'm thinking VRR all around, Bessie and the likes included. I have a perfect VRR 6 shot Bessie, and I wouldn't trade it for a DVL no way no how. Toon made for sniping can regen ammo and mag size with a sniper, but not rof. How bout VRR 6-shot = preferred, DVL 3-shot = preferred. Even following the "one shot one kill" motto, shots do miss. Even with a Bessie they'll ninja your shot sometimes with their ESP beamed from Atlas satellites and physics defying stunt moves. I'd like to be able to pop off another round quicker and with less recoil (and more tech with elementals). Really it's impossible to convince me that any 1 of the 3 bodies is completely superior to the other 2, and all can work well/better in certain situations. Even across manufacturers "preferred" might vary. Jakobs DVL is 0.3 or so, and to me that's just plain crap and boring (opinion). VRR on a Jakobs makes it usable and enjoyable (opinion).

It's real easy to say that AX and HX are the best bodies for Revolvers and SMGs (rare exceptions I personally think here too, that's a whole other discussion).

ZX on elemental shotties has it's place too. I've personally never seen a x4 ZPR Fatal Crux or a X3 Bulldog, but a few ZX x4 Crux's and I'm only missing blast on x3 ZX Bulldog.

I'm passing out. Hope I made some kind of sense.
supersoldier11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2011, 07:21 AM   #215
K0rN b4LL
Freak on a Leash

1 year anniversry of the guide!

@ Soldier - (even though it is a few weeks past, honestly I didn't even realize someone had posted in here recently) For the most part the majority of us came to the consensus that DVL is better for the style that bolt-snipers were designed for. I probably would take VRR for a Volcano but other than that elemental snipers proc so horribly that I would always take DVL for the extra damage, especially so since I play on a console and I gotta take my time lining up headshots rather than the quick point and click headshots that PC users can do.
K0rN b4LL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2011, 08:25 PM   #216
Lance Chaser
Hostile Incoming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K0rN b4LL View Post
1 year anniversry of the guide! . . .
Congrats
I definitely benefited from it
Lance Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2011, 12:41 PM   #217
K0rN b4LL
Freak on a Leash

^ Thanks

Ok after thinking this sniper body thing through, I have changed it so it says VRR (Preferred RoF and Tech) and DVL (Preferred Dmg). Also rewrote the Draco glitch as the origional info I had for that was a bit off.
Old September 15th, 2011, 06:24 PM   #218
Smeggit
A What Now?!

Sticky! Awesome, Thanks ChrisF!

Mord Craw Kill (Glitch Free)

Useful Links:
Identify Gun Parts / Gun Part Guide / Eridian Parts / Farming Guide / Fix Glitched Quests, Playthrough 3 & more / The alternate Farmory method
Smeggit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2011, 08:11 PM   #219
K0rN b4LL
Freak on a Leash

HOLY JESUS!!! When the heck did this happen?!? THANK YOU!!!!
Old September 15th, 2011, 08:54 PM   #220
UFKHBA
recoil reduction= victory

sweet!
UFKHBA is offline   Reply With Quote