The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Gearbox Games > Borderlands > BL Spoiler Section and Quest Help

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 30th, 2010, 07:46 AM   #1
Craig
GT: vSully

Default Oil Cans, Pizzas, and Bobbleheads: I AM ANGRY

I don't know if it's bad coding that makes these so rare or intended design to increase the life of the game, but either way, I'm hardly seeing any of these damn things drop. I've played through PT2 with both my Siren (everything- even completed the Tannis request) and Soldier (just the main mission line) and I've seen maybe 3 pizzas, 6 bobbleheads, and ZERO oil cans. At this rate, I'll be slogging through claptraps for months looking for these stupid rare random drops.

What areas are the most claptrap-dense? I've been farming the area in the north end of the dump as it's easy to access and has maybe 50 claptraps per run.
Old September 30th, 2010, 09:50 AM   #2
Cydown

Default Re: Oil Cans, Pizzas, and Bobbleheads: I AM ANGRY

heh, I have got about 5 pizza's, 12 panties, 7 fish, 8 3D glasses, 5 oil cans and ZERO Bobble heads. Mostly on PT2 and some on PT1 also play as a Siren with all missions finished. I have been running through all the areas killing them not limiting my self to one.

After a quick check of my friends list no one has unlocked them yet. Anyone out there who has?
Old September 30th, 2010, 10:35 AM   #3
Cass277
Poo-bah

Pizzas are a nightmare... I have 8 so far but they're so damned rare, even if you grind in Dividing Faults.
Old September 30th, 2010, 10:46 AM   #4
Iggy
Return of the Reaper

I have collected some of those items, but how do I know how much I have of them?
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2010, 01:40 PM   #5
Ultra Kamek
Hocus Pocus!

I just suffered from a power surge and all the sudden, those Claptraps started dropping pizzas and bobbleheads when they never did for two days in a row for me.

Other than collecting enough of 3D Glasses to supply a movie theater, too many of Tannis' panties to re-stock an entire Kohl's or enough fish to make Petsmart look like a cheap kennel center, I have noticed that these (for some, insanely rare) specific items have a higher chance of dropping if you kill Claptraps with critical hits.

Aim for those damn eyes!

Last edited by Ultra Kamek; September 30th, 2010 at 01:50 PM.
Ultra Kamek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2010, 02:13 PM   #6
Craig
GT: vSully

I've had terrible luck with the Hyperion Dump so I've concentrated my efforts on two areas in Dividing Faults (path and areas in red):

The first area has a bunch of Claptraps and also some bandits that come from the bridge to the right. I slaughter everything, then comb through the drops. Then I move to the second area, where a bunch of claptraps spawn in the end of the alley for easy pickings. I don't bother with the rest of the area as the claptraps are more spread out and I find it quicker to rush these two areas, start a new game, and repeat. I found two pizzas and a bobblehead in one run earlier but still ZERO oil cans! I'm about to test with an idle character in spltscreen to see if the extra player helps the drop rate.

Can anyone suggest other areas with a dense claptrap population?
Old September 30th, 2010, 02:27 PM   #7
SpiritReacher
Teacher of Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
I have collected some of those items, but how do I know how much I have of them?
That's a good question..
.. Gearbox shouldve made a counter or something.
Old September 30th, 2010, 03:05 PM   #8
Laughing Wolf

Oddly enough, the achievements/trophies that require that most of a certain item (oil can, bobblehead, and pizza), I haven't gotten many of. I have gotten more fish 3D glasses and pink panties.
Laughing Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2010, 03:10 PM   #9
The VoodooVirus
-.-

Took craigs advice above, so much better than the dump for finding stuff, every run except 2 I got one pizza bobble head or can, thanks for the info!
The VoodooVirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2010, 03:20 PM   #10
Ice Car
life sucks, drop out

Send a message via Skype™ to Ice Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
I don't know if it's bad coding that makes these so rare or intended design to increase the life of the game, but either way, I'm hardly seeing any of these damn things drop. I've played through PT2 with both my Siren (everything- even completed the Tannis request) and Soldier (just the main mission line) and I've seen maybe 3 pizzas, 6 bobbleheads, and ZERO oil cans. At this rate, I'll be slogging through claptraps for months looking for these stupid rare random drops.

What areas are the most claptrap-dense? I've been farming the area in the north end of the dump as it's easy to access and has maybe 50 claptraps per run.
Dividing Faults for the win. I found maybe 70 or so in the town area. It's quite fun to take them all down, and it doesn't matter how easy they are to kill since there are so many.

Anyways I haven't completed any collection achievements, but I think I have maybe 3 Fish, 2 Pizzas, 1 Bobblehead, 2 Oil cans, and one panty. so damn rare. @_@