The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > In the Box > Gearbox Talk

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 14th, 2010, 06:25 AM   #1
Kipper
PC Uber Alles!

Default Gearbox just got it's rep level up

Certainly it did.

The approval of DNNG UE3 mod has risen the PC community respect a lot , i can't link all the sites , but seeing the comments and threads around the web it's very well.

This of course indirectly increases sales on PC , because of good community spirit , that's what PC needs ... what's been lacking lately , and gearbox knows it thankfully.

And the previous borderlands owners with all 4 DLCs , ... that's really nice.

It's looking better and better.
Old October 14th, 2010, 07:54 AM   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
botman
GBX

Default Re: Gearbox just got it's rep level up

Just realize, that's we're not the ones that control Duke3D related stuff. That's all still owned by 3DRealms and they could shut it down at any point if they wanted to.

"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?" - Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
botman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2010, 06:52 PM   #3
Kipper
PC Uber Alles!

Default Re: Gearbox just got it's rep level up

Very very very very thank you for honest information , the whole web was thinking "it's gearbox acquired the IP" "2k can shut it down " ... I was trying to explain but people drive their beliefs. I've really , didn't seen more honesty in game projects since like ... 7 years maybe. Just forgetting about everything , locking info down , and releasing DNF as a new game would have been the biggest mistake indeed. That's how corporations would have made it. Ofcourse 3Drealms protected it's property with their .... lives almost.

Really makes a difference if you really tell what's going on , because for example PC guys want to know about the stuff that is around the game with the company , the legal stuff or how would i call it , it's factors , kind of indicators that tell you how it operates and behaves , PC community is like a scanner , and modding really shows care ... just look , iv'e been monitoring regularly today , the "DN other" forum section increased all the day, there are like 260 people there now ... how a simple decision makes difference eh.

I really got more faith to the game THEN any possible other game , 3DRealms promised but they never really lied , at least that can speak for

Plus: I don't know who made marketing scripts (gibson ?) but i have To SPECIALLY thank you for actually explaining more honestly to the public via interviews and videos as well not only here on forums , that's really brave , and a good idea , and probably the best PR so far at least around DNF.

Explaining all what happened before , it really does make a big difference in consumer , reaching wider as well , but the most important thing is , the core community has trust and confidence , that's the key , I know the info sometimes companies keep becuase it's private, yes , but .. you know what i mean.

Just this hiow many people did it attracted , it's really really impressive , wait till DNF modding/ is announced should i say hehe.

And keep in mind .... 100 ms ping is not great. Infinity just lost it's continuity