The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old December 19th, 2011, 09:20 PM   #551
Mark Levinson
Hyperion Representative

Default Re: Borderlands 2 Info Roundup

It'll be really hard without Atlas and S&S. Alot of epic epic guns were made by them, plus they had awesome appearances. Any news about new manufacturers, that will replace them?

Wait, lack of them might not stand out, meaning they might keep them? Yes! That would be really awesome!
BL1 Collection

Last edited by Mark Levinson; December 19th, 2011 at 09:27 PM.
Mark Levinson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2011, 09:27 PM   #552
Astrobleme
Hyper active roadkill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Levinson View Post
It'll be really hard without Atlas and S&S. Alot of epic epic guns were made by them, plus they had awesome appearances. Any news about new manufacturers, that will replace them?
As far as I know atlas is gone on account the vault hunter blowing up their supply depot/invasion stockpile and pretty much bankrupting them with their escapades.

S&S Went out of business because bandits started making their own guns with large mags they look pretty much Mcguivered. Will edit links to sources if I manage to find some.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...f-pandora.aspx basic info of manufacturers not to much story though.

Last edited by Astrobleme; December 19th, 2011 at 09:30 PM.
Astrobleme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2011, 09:28 PM   #553
Mark Levinson
Hyperion Representative

No, actually read what I added. This might all be false. Am I interpreting this right?
BL1 Collection

Old December 19th, 2011, 09:32 PM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #554
AdamF
GBX PR & Marketing

There is no Atlas and S&S.

Follow us on Twitter & Facebook!

My Twitter @PezRadar | Gearbox Software
Gearbox Software | Borderlands | Aliens: Colonial Marines | Duke Nukem
AdamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2011, 09:36 PM   #555
Mark Levinson
Hyperion Representative

BL1 Collection

Old December 19th, 2011, 09:51 PM   #556
NOLAftw
hi

Send a message via Skype™ to NOLAftw

Quote:
Honestly, I don't think the loss of the two will matter at all (though I will miss them). It isn't like they are cutting existing manufacturers out of a completed game. They are approaching the weapons from the start with Atlas and S&S excluded, and whatever niche they had will likely be filled by other manufacturers. Having less manufacturers does not limit overall weapon variety, but rather suggests individual manufacturers will be more varied.
Old December 19th, 2011, 10:07 PM   #557
Mark Levinson
Hyperion Representative

It will matter for me thogh. I want to see a bigger variety in looks and styles as well as specializations of guns. There'll be more guns, but they'll look more similar, because of fewer manufacturers.
BL1 Collection

Old December 19th, 2011, 10:15 PM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #558
AdamF
GBX PR & Marketing

Mark - Before you jump to conclusions you should wait for more info.

To put it bluntly - BL2 guns are really on another level in looks, variety, and uniqueness.

Follow us on Twitter & Facebook!

My Twitter @PezRadar | Gearbox Software
Gearbox Software | Borderlands | Aliens: Colonial Marines | Duke Nukem
AdamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2011, 10:17 PM   #559
Mark Levinson
Hyperion Representative

True, let's wait and see.
BL1 Collection

Last edited by Mark Levinson; December 19th, 2011 at 10:25 PM.
Old December 19th, 2011, 10:18 PM   #560
LawnGnome
Additional Pylons

Quote:
There'll be more guns, but they'll look more similar, because of fewer manufacturers.
What are you basing that on? The way guns looked in BL1? We already know that they're emphasizing different visual styles on all of the manufacturers that exist in BL2, so if anything, there will be more variety in looks. Factor in that we've been told there are more parts including boss specific parts, and I don't think you have anything to worry about

Steam ID: safetyfist (Display Name: TuxedoCat) PSN: MentalDisruption

Last edited by LawnGnome; December 19th, 2011 at 10:19 PM.
LawnGnome is offline   Reply With Quote