The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old February 23rd, 2012, 08:36 AM   #101
Raider65

Default Re: Official Release Date Speculation Thread

Well, a long time ago, Connie Yu (?) told us it was done but that was the old squad build so...

Now, they've redone it as a sorta CoD lone wolf Marine accompanied by other Marines in a frantic run for their lives.

In the 360Gamer article, it stated they only started on this build sometime in 2009.

Edit:

2006 to 2008: proof of concept prototype and market testing.

2009 to present: A:CM's revised version build.

Last edited by Raider65; February 23rd, 2012 at 08:52 AM.
Raider65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2012, 08:44 AM   #102
Sh0dan
Immortal Machine

Quote:
Well, a long time ago, Corrine Yu (?) told us it was done but that was the old squad build so...
^ That shouldve been filed away under rumour and hearsay. She didnt directly state that. But more that her work on the game was finished, which obviously it was because she was leaving the company for the new MS Halo team, 343 Industries. Its certainly not relevant now Raider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLIATH View Post
I'm no expert on this typsa thing, but I would think comparing BL2's marketing hoojimmy and ACM is comparing apples and pears. I would think ACM's marketing and release has more to do with Sega (and in turn Fox) than it does Gearbox, whereas I would guess with BL2 Gearbox have more control. Even if they don't and it's all down to the publisher we're talking Sega and Take 2, which again is probably apples and pears.

PS, I hate the apples & pears metaphore but I couldn't think of another one, so for that people of the world, I am sorry.
^ This sounds accurate enough to me. BL2 = 2K, ACM = Sega. Completely different publishers, completely different marketing for the games.

Last edited by Sh0dan; February 23rd, 2012 at 11:06 AM.
Sh0dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2012, 03:18 PM   #103
Never82
First Access Club Member

Bye bye a:cm in 2012!!!!!
Never82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2012, 03:43 PM   #104
trustn0!
Ballin

K then
Unless BL2 or ACM change schedules im gonna say a release in October or in Spring or middle of winter
Old February 23rd, 2012, 06:12 PM   #105
Chris!(($$))!
Waiting for A:CM!

If it's pushed back to 2013 I think they should just wait until the next gen comes out and put some time into upping the graphics and polishing everything else.
Chris!(($$))! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2012, 04:19 AM   #106
An Okay Guy
KHAN!!!!

I also figured that maybe A:CM would get pushed to early 2013 in favor of BL2. I do have to say that BL2 looks awesome though.

As for A:CM being delayed, perhaps those rumors of a Wii-U version will come true. Maybe the delays are to also get the Wii-U version going so that there isn't a huge gap in the release dates between the XB360/PS3 versions and the Wii-U one?

I am kinda worried about the A:CM story being messed up by Prometheus. Sure I am going to see Prometheus because I am an Alien fan, but I can't shake the feeling that it feels like Star Trek mashed up with Alien, and that there are going to possibly be some lame story elements being dumped into the Alien mythos with that film. I worry that it will sour the excitement for Aliens: Colonial Marines a bit if it turns out to not be the awesome Alien prequel we are all hoping for. Or if it changes a lot of the Alien(s) backstory it could taint our perception of ALIENS and in turn, Aliens: Colonial Marines.
Old February 24th, 2012, 05:48 AM   #107
Never82
First Access Club Member

sorry because i m repeat but delayed a game with work start 5 years ago and release a date game presented 7 month ago BL2 is a shame i'm feel betrayed and shodan this kind of thinkin is day by day most popular !
Never82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2012, 05:58 AM   #108
CorporalHicks
LvL50 Badass Troublemaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris!(($$))! View Post
If it's pushed back to 2013 I think they should just wait until the next gen comes out and put some time into upping the graphics and polishing everything else.
Hhahahahaha this is going to be hilarious I will laugh so damn hard if this game get delayed to 2013!

EVERY FELLOW MARINE, JOIN NOW IN THE GBX ALIENS: COLONIAL MARINES STEAM GROUP - HERE !!!

hellcat420: "tbh since we are no longer getting an aliens version of bia i really dont care when its released since its just gonna be cod in space."
CorporalHicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2012, 07:35 AM   #109
rcoltrane
It's All In The Reflexes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris!(($$))! View Post

Forget about it. I think they don't have enough budget left to do it again. When talking about SEGA as a publisher, you can be sure that they're looking for just one thing: MONEY! PROFITS! So, the more they push it forward and put money into it, the less will be their profits. And they certainly don't want it to happen.

Last edited by rcoltrane; February 24th, 2012 at 07:36 AM.
rcoltrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2012, 11:24 AM   #110
Chris!(($$))!
Waiting for A:CM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporalHicks View Post
Hhahahahaha this is going to be hilarious I will laugh so damn hard if this game get delayed to 2013!
I will laugh too, but it will more of a nervous sort of laugh cause I wouldn't want to cry.
Chris!(($$))! is offline   Reply With Quote