The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old March 2nd, 2012, 11:36 AM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
ChrisF
GBX Product Manager

Default Borderlands 2 FAQ [Updated 9/22]

General Info
What platforms is Borderlands 2 available on?
What are the system requirements for Borderlands 2 PC?

SHiFT
What is SHiFT?
How can I sign up for SHiFT?
What's this about a bonus for linking SHiFT from within Borderlands 2?
How can I ascertain the current status of the SHiFT service?
I've got a SHiFT code! How do I enter it?

Golden Keys
What is a Golden Key? What does it do?
How can I get a Golden Key?

Campaign DLC and Season Pass
Will Borderlands 2 receive any add-on campaigns?
How much will each add-on campaign cost?
When will the add-on campaign content be released?
What all is included in the Borderlands 2 Season Pass?
Where can I buy the Borderlands 2 Season Pass?

Gaige the Mechromancer - Character Class DLC
What is the Mechromancer?
When will the Mechromancer be released?
How much will the Mechromancer cost?
Will those that have the Mechromancer be able to play online with those who don't?

Creature Slaughter Dome
What is the Creature Slaughter Dome?
How can I get the Creature Slaughter Dome?
I've redeemed my code for the Creature Slaughter Dome, but can't find it in the game.

Misc. Questions
Does Borderlands 2 include some sort of reward for Borderlands 1 players?
Does Borderlands 2 support split-screen multiplayer?
Can I play Borderlands 2 online with someone that has it on a different platform?
Is Borderlands 2 uncut in my territory?
Does Borderlands 2 use Steamworks on PC?
What sort of PC-specific options are being included?

Support and Assistance
I need assistance with Borderlands 2! What should I do?

Last edited by ChrisF; September 22nd, 2012 at 09:38 PM.
Old April 10th, 2012, 03:51 PM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
ChrisF
GBX Product Manager

Default Re: Borderlands 2 FAQ

General Info
  • What platforms is Borderlands 2 available on?
    Borderlands 2 is currently available for PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

• What are the system requirements for Borderlands 2 PC?
    MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
    Processor: 2.4 GHz Dual Core Processor
    Memory: 2 GB XP, 2 GB Vista
    Hard Drive: 13 Gb free
    Video Memory: 256 MB
    Video Card: nVidia GeForce 8500 / ATI Radeon HD 2600
    Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible

RECOMMENDED REQUIREMENTS
    Processor: 2.3 GHz Quad Core Processor
    Memory: 2 GB
    Hard Drive: 20 Gb free
    Video Memory: 512 MB
    Video Card: nVidia GeForce GTX 560 / ATI Radeon HD 5850
    Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible
    OTHER REQUIREMENTS & SUPPORTS
    Initial installation requires one-time internet connection for Steam authentication; software installations required (included with the game) include Steam Client, DirectX 9, Microsoft .NET 4 Framework, Visual C++ Redistributable 2005, Visual C++ Redistributable 2008, Visual C++ Redistributable 2010, and AMD CPU Drivers (XP Only/AMD Only)

Last edited by ChrisF; September 22nd, 2012 at 09:26 PM.
Old April 11th, 2012, 06:01 PM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
ChrisF
GBX Product Manager

SHiFT
  • What is SHiFT?
    SHiFT is our way to reward fans like you with additional in-game items for Borderlands 2, such as Golden Keys, loot and other goodies. NOTE: SHiFT is not used to redeem or activate pre-order bonus content -- that is handled separately by each platform's respective online marketplace. An Xbox Live Gold account is required to use SHiFT on Xbox 360.

• How can I sign up for SHiFT?
    You can sign up for SHiFT from within Borderlands 2 (Main Menu -> Extras -> Shift Code) or on the web at http://shift.gearboxsoftware.com

• What's this about a bonus for linking SHiFT from within Borderlands 2?
    You'll receive a bonus Golden Key by linking your SHiFT account on any given platform (PSN, Steam, Xbox Live) from within Borderlands 2 -- not the site itself.

Upon linking your SHiFT account from in-game (Main Menu -> Extras -> Shift Code) the bonus Golden Key will be automatically added to your inventory, not sent as a code in a separate e-mail. To verify whether or not you've received your bonus Golden Key, return to the Main Menu then navigate back to the Shift Code screen -- if you see a message under "My Offers" titled "Welcome to Shift!" then you'll know you've got it!

• How can I ascertain the current status of the SHiFT service?
    Follow @SHiFTStatus on Twitter for the latest updates on the status of SHiFT.

• I've got a SHiFT code! How do I enter it?
    To enter a SHiFT code within Borderlands 2, select "Extras" from the main menu then "Shift Code" and follow the on-screen instructions.

Last edited by ChrisF; September 22nd, 2012 at 10:56 PM.
Old May 17th, 2012, 04:16 PM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
ChrisF
GBX Product Manager

Golden Keys

• What is a Golden Key? What does it do?
    The Golden Key is a rare item that allows you to open a special Golden Chest (pictured above) in the friendly city of Sanctuary. Exactly what sort of loot the Golden Chest contains will change every time it's opened, but the loot 1) should always be of very rare (purple) quality and 2) will share the same level as the character that opened the chest.

Once a Key is used to to open the Golden Chest, that Key is gone for good. Any Golden Keys you may have will be available to any of the characters you've created, so use them wisely.

• How can I get a Golden Key?
    There are a variety of ways to get a Golden Key, the easiest of which is to create and link a SHiFT account from within Borderlands 2 as detailed here: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/sh...84#post2572284

Keep an eye on GearboxSoftware.com and the Gearbox Software Forums as well as our Twitter and Facebook for word of additional opportunities to obtain Golden Keys.

Last edited by ChrisF; September 22nd, 2012 at 09:32 PM.
Old May 25th, 2012, 02:07 PM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
ChrisF
GBX Product Manager

Campaign DLC and Season Pass
  • Will Borderlands 2 receive any add-on campaigns?
    Yes! We plan to release four brand-new campaign add-ons features new areas to explore, new adventures to undertake, new enemies to overcome and more.

• How much will each add-on campaign cost?
    Each campaign add-on will be available individually for $9.99 / 800 Microsoft Points. In addition, a "Season Pass" bundle that includes future downloads of all four add-ons can be purchased for $29.99 / 2400 Microsoft Points -- a savings of 25% over buying each individually.

• When will the add-on campaign content be released?
    Each add-on campaign will be released as it's completed, with the last scheduled to be available no later than June 2013. Each add-on will be released at the

• What all is included in the Borderlands 2 Season Pass?
    The Season Pass includes all four planned add-on campaigns for Borderlands 2 for $29.99 / 2400 Microsoft Points -- a savings of 25% over buying each individually. It does not include any pre-order bonus items.

• Where can I buy the Borderlands 2 Season Pass?
    The Borderlands 2 Season Pass is available through Steam, PlayStation Network and Xbox Live as well as GameStop.

Last edited by ChrisF; September 22nd, 2012 at 09:31 PM.
Old May 28th, 2012, 12:12 AM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
ChrisF
GBX Product Manager

Gaige the Mechromancer - Character Class DLC

• What is the Mechromancer?
    The Mechromancer is an all-new playable character for Borderlands 2, developed after work on the game was finished, released as downloadable content for Borderlands 2 on October 9.

• How much does the Mechromancer cost?
    As a special thank you to our early supporters, the Mechromancer is available as a free download to those who joined the Borderlands 2 Premiere Club by pre-ordering the game from a participating retailer. For those who aren't Premiere Club members, the Mechromancer is available as premium downloadable content at the for $9.99 / 800 Microsoft Points.

• Can those that have the Mechromancer be able to play online with those who don't?
    Yes! We have released a compatibility update alongside the release of Mechromancer so that everyone can still play Borderlands 2 together online, regardless of DLC ownership.

Last edited by ChrisF; October 12th, 2012 at 12:08 AM.
Old June 26th, 2012, 01:10 PM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7
ChrisF
GBX Product Manager

Creature Slaughter Dome
  • What is the Creature Slaughter Dome?
    The Creature Slaughter Dome allows you to face off against the toughest monsters in all of Pandora for experience and gear that you can bring back into the main game.

• How can I get the Creature Slaughter Dome?
    The Creature Slaughter Dome was initially made available to those who pre-ordered Borderlands 2 from select retailers, and will be made available to all Borderlands 2 players in the months following launch with the exact details still to be determined.

• I've redeemed my code for the Creature Slaughter Dome, but can't find it in the game.
    Referred to in-game as the Natural Selection Annex, the Creature Slaughter Dome content becomes available to eligible players upon reaching the Wildlife Exploitation Preserve area in-game.

Last edited by ChrisF; September 22nd, 2012 at 09:36 PM.
Old July 6th, 2012, 03:15 PM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #8
ChrisF
GBX Product Manager

Default Re: Borderlands 2 FAQ [Updated 7/6]

Misc. Questions
  • Does Borderlands 2 include some sort of reward for Borderlands 1 players?
    Yes, Borderlands 2 will reward veterans of the first Borderlands with exclusive character customization elements! Here's a look at the character heads and skins that are unlocked when Borderlands 2 detects save data from the original Borderlands: http://www.gearboxity.com/images/web...ranRewards.jpg

• Does Borderlands 2 support split-screen multiplayer?
    Yes. The PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of Borderlands 2 support two-player split-screen including the ability to play online while in split-screen.

• Can I play Borderlands 2 online with someone that has it on a different platform?
    Cross-platform multiplayer is something we'd really like to support, but is also something that historically been pretty tricky to implement across all platforms. It's something we're continuing to look into, both for Borderlands 2 and our works beyond, and hopefully something we'll be able to do in the future.

• Is Borderlands 2 uncut in my territory?
    Borderlands 2 is uncut worldwide! Plus, the game features a Gore Toggle option: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/sh...d.php?t=142491

• Does Borderlands 2 use Steamworks on PC?
    All copies of Borderlands 2 PC are shipping with Steamworks, so even copies of Borderlands 2 PC purchased at retail can be added to your Steam Library and utilize Steamworks features like multiplayer matchmaking, Steam Cloud support, Steam Achievements, auto-updating and more.

• What sort of PC-specific options are being included?
    This letter from Claptrap touches on that very subject. Additionally, if you have any PC-specific requests, let us know here: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/sh...d.php?t=128237

Last edited by ChrisF; September 22nd, 2012 at 09:37 PM.
Old July 31st, 2012, 03:57 PM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #9
ChrisF
GBX Product Manager

Default Re: Borderlands 2 FAQ [Updated 7/31]

Support and Assistance
There are several methods for requesting assistance with Borderlands 2:

Contact 2K Support
2K Games is the primary support contact for Borderlands 2. You can reach 2K Support by clicking the Support link at:

http://www.2kgames.com/
http://www.2kgamesinternational.com/
Contact Gearbox Software Support
For additional assistance or to contact Gearbox Software directly, please visit:

http://support.gearboxsoftware.com
Post in the Technical Support Forum
Please read the Forum Rules before posting!

We have technical support forums available for Borderlands 2, separated by platform, where you can post about your issue:

PC Technical Support
PlayStation 3 Technical Support
Xbox 360 Technical Support

The technical support forums are intended to allow players to discuss and help each other resolve any issues they may experience, as well as provide a place to report and discuss new issues as they arise. There are many helpful players that post regularly in these forums that may be able to help you quickly find a solution.

Gearbox employees will sometimes respond to issues in the support forums, but not every thread or post is guaranteed a response. If you would like a direct reply, please contact 2K Support or Gearbox Support directly.

Last edited by ChrisF; October 4th, 2012 at 08:17 PM.
Old September 22nd, 2012, 09:40 PM   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #10
ChrisF
GBX Product Manager

Default Re: Borderlands 2 FAQ [Updated 9/22]

The FAQ has been updated additional questions, content and formatting to reflect the launch of Borderlands 2.

Last edited by ChrisF; September 22nd, 2012 at 09:43 PM.
Closed Thread