The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old March 4th, 2012, 02:18 PM   #11
scottykal12

Default Re: Any Explination to why no PC split-screen?

http://pc.ign.com/articles/119/1195591p1.html

Here is the source if you are wondering.

Also I don't have the money to get a console. And I also dislike that i have to play with disk on console. There are more reasons as well like modding.

Having a controller doesn't bother me as I use a controller on occasion anyways.

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxTaLoNxX View Post

But not everyone can spring for a new 2000-3000$ gaming comp....
Why are you spending 2 grand on a gaming rig? For under 1 grand I could build a PC that can run anything.
scottykal12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2012, 02:19 PM   #12
sirmidor
sophisms, know them.

^high-end costs a lot more, especially if you're buying it alltogether, instead of buying the individual parts.

''religion isn't about proof, it's about belief''.
you believe something BECAUSE there is proof. if a friends tells a crazy story, you might still believe him, because you've known him for a long time or something. belief requires evidence.
sirmidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2012, 02:40 PM   #13
scottykal12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmidor View Post
^high-end costs a lot more, especially if you're buying it alltogether, instead of buying the individual parts.
Why would you buy it all together? And for still under $1000 it will run just about every game on high settings.

If I were to re-buy my computer it would cost about $800 and I can run every game on high settings. I can run BF3 on max as well (with a couple settings like AA lower).

Back on topic I wonder if not having split-sceen has to do with profiles signed in?
Old March 4th, 2012, 02:44 PM   #14
Jarac Bik

Maybe PC split screen would end up as one of the "high-end rig bonus features"?
*crosses-fingers*
I mean, I3 (even I5) and other powerful multi (at least dual) core processors became standards nowadays, so there is no constraints form PC hardware stance point.

Cooke's words of gold: "We've always seen ourselves as concept-art style instead of cartoony or anime or any of those things..."
Jarac Bik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2012, 03:18 PM   #15
Jabberwock xeno
s6 wannabe/Gun collecter

I think a better question is if there is LAN support.

Guns I want/willing to trade for: Level 65 or above Patton, Nailer, Sentinel, T.K.s wave, Leviathan, Lady finger, Blister, Elephant gun, Dove-hornet hybrid, The spy (body 5, vector acc)
Ned's SMG, level 68 max stats Wee wee's super booster
Jabberwock xeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2012, 03:46 PM   #16
sirmidor
sophisms, know them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottykal12 View Post
Why would you buy it all together? And for still under $1000 it will run just about every game on high settings.

If I were to re-buy my computer it would cost about $800 and I can run every game on high settings. I can run BF3 on max as well (with a couple settings like AA lower).

Back on topic I wonder if not having split-sceen has to do with profiles signed in?
some people only go for the best. some people are also intensely lazy to the point that they buy their rigs built.

''religion isn't about proof, it's about belief''.
you believe something BECAUSE there is proof. if a friends tells a crazy story, you might still believe him, because you've known him for a long time or something. belief requires evidence.
sirmidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2012, 05:08 PM   #17
XxTaLoNxX
banned

Quote:
Why are you spending 2 grand on a gaming rig? For under 1 grand I could build a PC that can run anything.
Yeah, I could as well. But that's beside the point. I'm in college for computer programming, I get an ass-load of financial aid since I was in the ARMY for 6 years, I'm a single father, I work two jobs, I'm dating two women at the same time, and I just don't have the time to BUILD a computer when I can just throw down for a top-line Alienware gaming rig.
XxTaLoNxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2012, 07:35 PM   #18
scottykal12

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxTaLoNxX View Post
Yeah, I could as well. But that's beside the point. I'm in college for computer programming, I get an ass-load of financial aid since I was in the ARMY for 6 years, I'm a single father, I work two jobs, I'm dating two women at the same time, and I just don't have the time to BUILD a computer when I can just throw down for a top-line Alienware gaming rig.
How do you find time to even game? But someone said that people don't have the money to buy a $2000-$3000 gaming rig, so if you have the money go for it.

But really is any of what you said true? Because if it is that's pretty impressive.
Old March 4th, 2012, 07:55 PM   #19
worldeater151
Chump Vault Hunter

Ya, this is a troll thread...

Q. What percentage of users have 2 mice and 2 keyboards, and to what extent does windows support that?
A: 0%, and not at all.

Q. If Windows supported 2p gaming on PCs why on earth would you work on supporting split screen instead of multiple monitors which every gaming card handles?

Q. Who fxing develops for 0% of the market, even if they technically could?
A. actually there are a few developers out there, but you dont want to know them, and GBX isnt among them.

ok, so people apparently not everyone spent their lives building their own PCs and working in the software industry. Well, sorry folks. Split screen PC isnt happening and it is NOT Gearbox's unwillingness to make it happen, its just impossible.

Im sure no one at Gearbox intended for people to think PC was going to have split screen even if they unintentionally implied it.

Last edited by worldeater151; March 4th, 2012 at 08:12 PM.
worldeater151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2012, 07:58 PM   #20
XxTaLoNxX
banned

Quote:
How do you find time to even game? But someone said that people don't have the money to buy a $2000-$3000 gaming rig, so if you have the money go for it.

But really is any of what you said true? Because if it is that's pretty impressive.
Yeah, but that's because I didn't mention the bad parts. I'm single because my wife left me, I was a 17 year old father (reason I joined the Army to take care of my child), I have had 12 jobs in 12 months, and I live in the guest house of my parents house on their ranch in Texas because I am a single parent with way too much on my plate at the moment.

And I game about 4 hours a day right before I go to sleep... sometimes I even fall asleep with a controller in my hand. That is the only thing that is keeping me from going insane... or it feels like that.

EDIT: I was the one that said not everyone can throw down that cash for a new gaming comp. And honestly I don't and won't for another two years or so... since my current comp is full well capable of running any game on the highest settings. But I do need a new TB harddrive....

Last edited by XxTaLoNxX; March 4th, 2012 at 08:02 PM.
XxTaLoNxX is offline   Reply With Quote