The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Gearbox Games > Aliens: Colonial Marines > A:CM News

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 20th, 2012, 03:50 PM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
ChrisF
GBX Product Manager
 
ChrisF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gearbox
Posts: 3,340
Default Gearbox's Real-Life Pulse Rifle

It's not technically news, but thought you might be interested all the same.

Over on the Aliens: Colonial Marines Facebook, we've posted some images and details of the functional Pulse Rifle we have on-hand here at Gearbox:

https://www.facebook.com/aliensgames

We'll have more images and information over time, including, hopefully, a video of it in action.

Last edited by ChrisF; March 20th, 2012 at 03:54 PM.
ChrisF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2012, 04:05 PM   #2
Adam802
Xeno-Killer
 
Adam802's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 170
Default Re: Gearbox's Real-Life Pulse Rifle

Very cool. I wish I had an awesome Pulse Rifle replica. Coolest gun ever!





But cmon, where's some ACM news man....
__________________
Peace Through Superior Firepower
Adam802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2012, 04:28 PM   #3
Newbeing
First Access Club Member
 
Newbeing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,835
Default Re: Gearbox's Real-Life Pulse Rifle

I also heard you guys have a full sized Alien hiding around in the offices somewhere or maybe that was just a rumor?
Newbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2012, 04:34 PM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
ChrisF
GBX Product Manager
 
ChrisF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gearbox
Posts: 3,340
Default Re: Gearbox's Real-Life Pulse Rifle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbeing View Post
I also heard you guys have a full sized Alien hiding around in the offices somewhere or maybe that was just a rumor?
We've got a life-size bust of a Xeno head.

Not the full body, though. That... would be terrifying, especially considering the sort of hijinks people get into around here with just a cardboard cutout.
ChrisF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2012, 04:56 PM   #5
Chris!(($$))!
Waiting for A:CM!
 
Chris!(($$))!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 7,774
Default Re: Gearbox's Real-Life Pulse Rifle

Wait. So all those jokes we made about the development time taking so long because of you working with Area 51 to engineer a real Xeno WAS A LIE????
Chris!(($$))! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2012, 05:13 PM   #6
Sir Wagglepuss III
First Access Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 215
Default Re: Gearbox's Real-Life Pulse Rifle

I don't suppose you want to answer a quick question with a simple yes or no while your here?

The 10-11 minute 'walkthrough' gameplay video that was posted a while back. Is it representative of current gameplay and atmosphere?

Got a feeling I'm not gonna get an answer to that, but it would put a lot of minds to rest (Or panic) if an answer *Could* be had.
Sir Wagglepuss III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2012, 05:21 PM   #7
Newbeing
First Access Club Member
 
Newbeing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,835
Default Re: Gearbox's Real-Life Pulse Rifle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisF View Post
We've got a life-size bust of a Xeno head.

Not the full body, though. That... would be terrifying, especially considering the sort of hijinks people get into around here with just a cardboard cutout.
For $4,400 this could be in your office.
Newbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2012, 06:12 PM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #8
ChrisF
GBX Product Manager
 
ChrisF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gearbox
Posts: 3,340
Default Re: Gearbox's Real-Life Pulse Rifle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Wagglepuss III View Post
I don't suppose you want to answer a quick question with a simple yes or no while your here?

The 10-11 minute 'walkthrough' gameplay video that was posted a while back. Is it representative of current gameplay and atmosphere?

Got a feeling I'm not gonna get an answer to that, but it would put a lot of minds to rest (Or panic) if an answer *Could* be had.
We'll be talking much more about gameplay, atmosphere and other topics in the future.

Are you coming to PAX East? If you'll be there, let me know and we'll meet up. Likewise for any other poster here.

Last edited by ChrisF; March 20th, 2012 at 06:22 PM.
ChrisF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2012, 06:49 PM   #9
Newbeing
First Access Club Member
 
Newbeing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,835
Default Re: Gearbox's Real-Life Pulse Rifle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisF View Post
We'll be talking much more about gameplay, atmosphere and other topics in the future.

Are you coming to PAX East? If you'll be there, let me know and we'll meet up. Likewise for any other poster here.
I know Tonks and I are going.
Newbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2012, 09:22 PM   #10
Chris!(($$))!
Waiting for A:CM!
 
Chris!(($$))!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 7,774
Default Re: Gearbox's Real-Life Pulse Rifle

Lucky y'all.
Chris!(($$))! is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.