The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old March 24th, 2012, 02:48 PM   #1
monestates
The Mosquito

Default Why hate?

Why does everyone hate Weapon Modders?
I mean, no-one forces you to Mod your weapons.
Old March 24th, 2012, 02:54 PM   #2
PLUNDERNOOB
bored by being busy

Default Re: Why hate?

Because they often just create over-powered weapons and shields, which is basicly the same as cheating. And why do you hate cheaters? Because they are ruining your game.
However, I do not agree with making us unable to mod. Just look at what kind of awesome, yet balanced weapons are made by modding.
PLUNDERNOOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2012, 02:58 PM   #3
monestates
The Mosquito

My point exactly
Old March 24th, 2012, 03:21 PM   #4
Red_Rain
Rainmaker

because hate leads to the dark side and the dark side makes you strong

Sig by Moogle
Red_Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2012, 03:28 PM   #5
LtTwoGun
2-Gun Mojo

Also the dark side has cookies. I think people argue simply because everyone has an opinion and everyone wants their opinion to be acknowledged as right so almost everyone keeps arguing.
LtTwoGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2012, 03:30 PM   #6
sutasafaia

The main reason I despise modders is they invade my multiplayer games with their OP junk and proceed to turn the game into an absolute mockery of what it's supposed to be. There is no way to stop them from joining other than passwords but that defeats the purpose for me, I want to play with randoms, I want the interaction with people, I want to enjoy real multiplayer. Unfortunately, jerks who think it's funny come into the game and proceed to obliterate everything with their modded cheat guns and there's nothing you can do about it.

I have nothing against legit modders, some of them do some amazing stuff, but if there is no no-mod options for multiplayer this time around I have the feeling I'll be avoiding it for the most part, and that's going to be a huge shame. At the very least I want a check box to disallow mods in my games, at best I would love to see separate lobbies, or at least a warning in the game title, so I know I'm not joining games with mods in them as well.

That said, I do not hate modders. I don't really hate anybody...hate is way too strong a word for something as trivial as video game nonsense.

Last edited by sutasafaia; March 24th, 2012 at 03:32 PM.
sutasafaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2012, 03:39 PM   #7
GnawIron
Blatant subtlety

Location: A position or site occupied or available for occupancy or marked by some distinguishing feature
Send a message via Skype™ to GnawIron

Quote:
Originally Posted by monestates View Post
Why does everyone hate Weapon Modders?
I mean, no-one forces you to Mod your weapons.
We don't hate modders. Modders are cool. I'm a modder along with many notable forum members.

We hate cheat modding and some backseat modding though.

Quote:
[CENTER]Types of Modding
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________
Okay, I am going to identify a whole new genre of modding just to make things easier to understand from now on.

Modding - Creating custom material whether it is maps, enemies, in-game tools, and weapons(within reason) for the purpose of entertainment, challenge, and game enhancement.

Cheat Modding - Constructing items to try to be cool and have the best stuff, creating OP super items for one-shotting enemies and resisting all attacks, messing up online games, and being stupid.

Backseat Modding - Cheat Modding minus the detrimental effects on the community and with respect to others and their wishes regarding modding.
Sneaky Cheat Modding - Like Backseat Modding but restricted to constructs. Mostly done by people too lazy to farm for their gear and just want good stuff but don't want anyone knowing they constructed their gear.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

^Click for a list of wonderful threads around the forum^
Avy and Sig by Mirrorada
Steam Profile
GnawIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2012, 03:45 PM   #8
monestates
The Mosquito

OK, how about modding for single-player only?
Old March 24th, 2012, 03:51 PM   #9
MR CauSe iM GoD
The Hot Siren

Quote:
Originally Posted by monestates View Post
OK, how about modding for single-player only?
Simple. If you don't **** up another persons game, then the majority of use don't have a problem with save-editing. It only is a problem when people come online and **** up other peoples games.
MR CauSe iM GoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2012, 03:54 PM   #10
NubaKM

as far as I am concerned you can to what ever the hell you want in single player, but when it comes to multiplayer it comes to everyone wanting to have fun and anything that can ruin that is stupid i.e. cheap tactics, cheating, grieving etc.
NubaKM is offline   Reply With Quote