The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Gearbox Games > Borderlands > Borderlands General Discussion

Old April 9th, 2012, 12:33 AM   #1
PalZer0
First Access Club Member

Default [REQUEST] Remove SecuROM from DLC 1 and 2 on Steam

Given that it's been announced that people who have a Borderlands save will receive a special bonus in Borderlands 2, Gearbox should really start thinking about removing SecuROM from the first 2 Borderlands DLCs.

You'd get more people playing Borderlands and those people could very well end up preordering or buying Borderlands 2.

It's a win-win situation. We get some of the shackles removed from our Steam copies of Borderlands (I bought the GOTY edition on Steam to get in ahead of a price jack that never happened and was not informed of SecuROM's presence) and you get more $$$ from new sales and preorders for Borderlands 2.

Not going to Jakobs Cove or The Underdome until SecuROM is removed.

Join the fight! Add your support here!
PalZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2012, 02:51 AM   #2
StormLord
First Access Club Member

Default Re: [REQUEST] Remove SecuROM from DLC 1 and 2 on Steam

Yeah, it would be great if it was removed. We already have steam drm covering it.
Old August 28th, 2012, 06:50 AM   #3
kratos75
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalZer0 View Post
Given that it's been announced that people who have a Borderlands save will receive a special bonus in Borderlands 2, Gearbox should really start thinking about removing SecuROM from the first 2 Borderlands DLCs.

You'd get more people playing Borderlands and those people could very well end up preordering or buying Borderlands 2.

It's a win-win situation. We get some of the shackles removed from our Steam copies of Borderlands (I bought the GOTY edition on Steam to get in ahead of a price jack that never happened and was not informed of SecuROM's presence) and you get more $$$ from new sales and preorders for Borderlands 2.
I am a long time vicious HATER of securom and all forms of DRM.....i think its evil pure and simple, and like you said it cripples legit customers while the pirates laugh their heads off at it. I was almost tempted to not install the DLC content because of **** securom but wanted to game on my pc......now i exclusively game on my xbox360 once i got the DLC as i wont support ANY games that have DRM installed on them, and the games that i do have on my pc are all brought legit but i got working exe's from gamecopyworld so i dont have to insert the ****en disk all the time
Its about time they took this vile rubbish off Borderlands permanently
kratos75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2012, 09:09 PM   #4
Big_McLargeHuge

Adding my support. Please Gearbox, you've proved to the community that you can care by doing the marriage proposal and similar, but remove the DRM from the first 2 DLCs so i can actually ENJOY YOUR GAME AGAIN. I want to play it once again before Borderlands 2, WHICH I HAVE PURCHASED, but i would like to play the first one again once more. IF you would REMOVE THE DRM. At least answer us damn it!
Big_McLargeHuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2012, 10:13 PM   #5
tom12121112
E-Counter Terrorism Squad

Send a message via Skype™ to tom12121112

they arent going to patch a 3 year old game, ESPECIALLY when BL2 is this close to being out.
don't be stupid...
srsly.
Old September 13th, 2012, 10:20 PM   #6
PalZer0
First Access Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom12121112 View Post
they arent going to patch a 3 year old game, ESPECIALLY when BL2 is this close to being out.
don't be stupid...
srsly.
Way to be Mr Negative there (especially when we don't even know if they can or will patch SecuROM out).

Old September 13th, 2012, 10:21 PM   #7
tom12121112
E-Counter Terrorism Squad

Send a message via Skype™ to tom12121112

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalZer0 View Post
Way to be Mr Negative there (especially when we don't even know if they can or will patch SecuROM out).
*Mr.

but we can skip the formalities, you can just call me tom.
Old September 15th, 2012, 11:57 PM   #8
PalZer0
First Access Club Member

Anyone from the forums attend the Gearbox panel at Gearbox Community Day? Was the question of why SecuROM hasn't been removed from DLC 1 and 2 on Steam asked there?

Last edited by PalZer0; September 15th, 2012 at 11:58 PM.