The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Gearbox Games > Borderlands > BL Off-Worlder Creations

Old April 27th, 2012, 05:09 PM   #1
Squishyyy

Post Tannis' Hidden Echo recordings

The Hidden ECHO Diaries of Patricia Tannis

Patricia Tannis Here, Log Day 1 of Dahl Response to Scientific Inquiry team on Pandora. Today, we landed on Pandora and met the locals of Firestone. Seems though, they don't know how to even spell their own town let alone give inquiry to the investigation of artifacts or “THE VAULT”. I recorded several conversations with locals and have logged them here for reference and the posterity.

Conversation 1:

Tannis: So, what do you know about “The Vault”

Marcus: My father used to tell me about the Vault EVEN WITH HIS DIEING BREATH. HE'd tell us stories, scary stories you've never heard! Stories about evil things, and great wealth and power and fame! We'd lysten by the campfyree and he'd say 'son the vault is real, but only a fool would search for eet'. Then Maybe I AM A FOOL. AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Tannis: Yes, that really doesn't help Mr. Marcus, is it?

Marcus: EH?

Tannis: Do you have any actual proof the vault exists?

Marcus: Welll...there was this one time I was with this lady and we talked and drank an--

Tannis: Forget it. Thanks for your time.

Conversation 2:

Tannis: So, have you heard of this vault everyone seems to be talking about?

Dr Zed: Ye, I heard of et. Bunch of load talk if ya ask me.

Dr Ned(Via Echo): Wait, what? HEY BILL! TURN OFF THAT POPCORN IM TRYAN TA TALK TA SOMEON!!!

Tannis: What about you, Dr Ned?

Dr Ned: Well, ya see I been kinda busy with uhhh---

(???): BLHEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHH

Dr Ned: Now wait just a darnd minute. I'm gettn the raisins ya monstr!

(???): BLKEEEEEEEEEEEH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr Ned: BRAN MUFFINS ??! WHAT THE … BILLL BILL I …...TURN THAT OFF!!!----Transmission lost

Tannis : I see. Well, then. I guess that's the end of the interview. Someone kill me...

Conversation 3:

Tannis: So, Mr. Psycho is it? Do you believe the vault is real?

Psycho: AHAHAHAHA BLOOD! BLOOD!

Tannis: Right well then we'll conclude this interview very quickly.

Psycho: MORE MEAT FOR MEEEEEEEEE!

~

Patricia Tannis Here, Log Day 8 of Dahl Response to Scientific Inquiry team on Pandora. Our team moved away from asking about “The Vault” and more towards general inquiries like the existence of alien life on Pandora or artifacts. We were met with more disappointment.

Conversation 1

Tannis: Mr. T. K. Baha, is it?

T.K. Baha: *sniff* Smells like...off-worlder.

Tannis: Yes I'm with the Dahl Response Science Inquiry Team here to investigate the existence of aliens and artifacts on Pandora.

T.K. Baha: You're not a skag, are ya?

Tannis: A what? No, no sir. I am a **** sapien also known domestically as a human being.

T.K. Baha: Aaahhh shoulda figured ya fer ona dem sciency types. Wanna take a look at mah foot fer me...oh wait...mah leg's missin'. I fergot.

Tannis: Right, sir. Maybe we should continue this another time.

Conversation 2

Tannis: So have you ever seen any aliens life or offworld creatures that seems unnatural?

Erik Franks: Well, mah wife is a strange one. She's quick tempered and threw mah ..uhhhh most treasured items away without a thought. I think that's kinda strange.

Tannis: That's not what I meant, Mr. Franks.

Erik Franks: Also, she complains about everything in the house bein sticky and wet and stuff. I find that a litl off.

Tannis: Also not what I meant.

Erik Franks: And even Mr. Cobbs said that she was kinda nutso for doin what she dids.

Tannis: This interview is over.

Conversation 3:

Tannis: I almost want to be stupid just to understand them. Almost. Fortunately, I have the luxury of being smart enough to say almost and not reply to myself.
Tannis: I mean talking to myself on an ECHO machine is just pathetic. Anyone who did it would have to have some sort of psychosis.
Tannis: Still, I align myself with some future confidence that evidence of the vault and it's mysterious nonexistance will show up or not so that Dahl will find me something better to do before this planet kills me.
-End Transmission

Last edited by Squishyyy; April 28th, 2012 at 01:05 AM.
Squishyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2012, 11:49 AM   #2
Squishyyy

Default Re: Tannis' Hidden Echo recordings

no comments? no love no hate?ok....well scrap that idea
Old April 28th, 2012, 01:22 PM   #3
LiveFreeOrDie
sitting in time out

I thought it was fun
LiveFreeOrDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2012, 02:08 PM   #4
Squishyyy

lol yea wellllllllll i get emo in the mornings >.> plus I figure it takes one or two posts to a thread to get them noticed !
Old April 28th, 2012, 03:12 PM   #5
Blackstar halo
RD is best ponee

Moar! Pleese!
Blackstar halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2012, 05:36 PM   #6
ratrace135
Ohai

Location: So far even as decided to use go want to look more like
Send a message via Skype™ to ratrace135

I like it
Make an interview with Shank lol

ratrace135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2012, 02:41 PM   #7
Squishyyy

@ Ratrace you're evil...shank would be doable but that would require an time machine inside my imagination with some serious giggawatts considering how much time passed between the introduction of shank and tannis's first expedition (when these recordings are taking place) <---:
before the vault hunters arrived so before the vault was opened so before the vault was closed so before atlas moved in so before shank was put in charge of a prison of bandits so YEA.... BUT i'll get right on that @_@;z

EDIT: AS REQUESTED ADDED~

Last edited by Squishyyy; April 29th, 2012 at 03:22 PM. Reason: AS REQUESTED
Old April 29th, 2012, 03:22 PM   #8
Squishyyy

Patricia Tannis Here, Log Day 28 of Dahl Response to Scientific Inquiry team on Pandora. The revolution and rotation differentials on this alien planet are quite inferior to that of other planets and has thus caused me some sort of chronic fatigue and insomnia. Combined with the continuous raids during all hours by Dahl escaped convicts, I seem to be suffering some major sleep deprivation symptoms. That said, I will continue my research until I either die of some horrible disemboweled exsanguination or through some scientific impossibility gain the stupidity that seems to be oh so contagious these days.

Conversation 1.

Tannis: So have heard about this item people keep mentioning known as "The Vault"

Scooter: Well...Its godda beya buncha Vault Huntin' Myth Skag drible if ye no wat im sayen.

Tannis: No. Actually, I didn't understand a word of that. Could you try again in English?

Scooter: OEY! NAME'S SCOOTER! ANYUGOTSUM PERTY LIL LEGSER MISSY? MINDIFY

Tannis: *pulls out her gun and points it at him* Yes, I do actually.

Scooter: uh...waidunchu ask mah folks o'r ther. They might herd a thing oartwo.

Tannis: Very Well.

Conversation 2.

Moxxi: What can I do you for? Oh...silly me. I didn't mean that- or did I?

Tannis: Have you heard of the current popular urban legend known as "The Vault"?

Moxxi: Well, I know plenty of vaults...Which one you lookin' for *looks down*

Tannis: Oh god...I think I just threw up.

Tannis: Let's try one more time. How about any shining artificats or ...ahh hell with it ...

Tannis: *Ahem*

Tannis: Cordial greetings to highly appreciated aesthetically featured female. Do you know of if nonsexually related items known as "The Vault" that may pertain to urban folklore or mythical legends.

Moxxi: Ew. Go away. You're Creepy~

After the conversation with Moxxi Dahl asked me to interview a representative of a Male Enhancement product. I don't know why. I wasn't allowed to ask or object. I wasn't pleased. I just went along.

Conversation 3.

Tannis: So, David Shank is it?

Mr. Shank: It's Mr. Shank.
Tannis: Sorry, Mr. Shank. You're position as representitive of "Engorge" is-?
Mr. Shank: Well Renowned Ladies Man.
Tannis: Right. So how many ladies have you engaged in sexual activities with.
Mr. Shank: sec—uhhwahat? Oh...All of em man-er woMan! We like play catch and ya know oh wait uhhh waitiati hold on .
Tannis: Mr. Shank, I get the feeling you don't know what you're talking about.
Mr. Shank: NONONO! I got this one guy-uhhhGIRL---CHAZ___LEET. She's totall.y tits! Like totally like totally sex and tits and stuff.
Tannis: Right. Last obligatory question for this obligatory interview. Why "Engorge"?
Mr. Shank: Well it like....is AWESOME and stuffasdflkj;.
Tannis: Ok! That about sums it up anything else?
Mr. Shank: Ever thought of polishing your nails?
Tannis: WHAT?
Mr. Shank: Ohad.sfjs;aldkjf nothing. <3
Tannis: (I'm going to walk off a cliff when I leave)
Old April 30th, 2012, 10:33 PM   #9
Volyova
Fist bump of death

looking forward to more!

Bulletstorm/Ruination

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."
Jon Rogers, Ephemera 2009 (7)
Volyova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 04:52 AM   #10
SleepMaster
Teh guy with ideas

Hehehe
Nice interviews ^^
You can make interviews with other bosses like Sledge, 9 Toes, Bone Head etc.

My custom weapons <--- Press here for download of my custom weapons for Borderlands 1

My Steam Profile

Cʀᴇᴀтɪvɪтʏ мᴀᴋᴇs тнᴇ Dɪғғᴇʀᴇɴᴄᴇ
SleepMaster is offline   Reply With Quote