The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Gearbox Games > Borderlands > GearChat

Old May 3rd, 2012, 10:12 AM   #11
Salvadorable
First Access Club Member

Default Re: Question About Constructs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddBull31 View Post
What's up guyz? I have a question. I've noticed on several of the trade threads that people refuse to take "constructs". A construct is a "legit" weapon that was created in WT instead of actually being looted in the game, right???

If so, and it's a creation of a weapon that would otherwise be legit, how can you tell if somethin is a construct and not real?!!

Thanx for the help!!!
It IS possible to build a weapon using Willowtree# that you'll never find in the game.

Examples would be anything with a "Twisted" prefix, like "Twisted Anarchy" or "Twisted Hellfire". These guns use in-game mechanics and are made from in-game parts, but you'll never find them in a chest or drop.

Salvadorable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 01:21 AM   #12
mrgiggls
Red Smear on the Sand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trezzik View Post
It IS possible to build a weapon using Willowtree# that you'll never find in the game.

Examples would be anything with a "Twisted" prefix, like "Twisted Anarchy" or "Twisted Hellfire". These guns use in-game mechanics and are made from in-game parts, but you'll never find them in a chest or drop.

Yes. There are some parts combinations that will not spawn in-game, but can be created in WT.
mrgiggls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 06:23 AM   #13
duskrand04
First Access Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trezzik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgiggls View Post
Yes. There are some parts combinations that will not spawn in-game, but can be created in WT.
Even so, that's not what the OP is talking about. I'm 99% sure they mean "legitimate" weapons, and how would anyone be able to tell if they were constructs and not found.
duskrand04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 08:35 AM   #14
s6
GBX Content Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacheat View Post
If they want to go that far to trick me or someone else I'm completely fine with that...
Somehow i feel if i look back at that thread i would see You weren't very happy with what i had done.

More on topic, Like everyone else said, A construct may be hard to tell from everyday loot. BUT. That doesn't mean you cant avoid them. the easiest way to avoid them is by remembering that if it seems too good to be true, It probably is. Keeping in mind that someone going through the trouble to make a construct won't put stock 2 on it, or no sight. So key things to look at are sights, Stocks, And mags. The kinda 'comfort' items on the gun. After all the statistic effecting parts, of course.

In short; shoot for guns that have little imperfections, just to be safe.

JMO

In addition, Read the "body language" of the person you're trading with. A perfect gun isn't impossible to find, But when a person has 25 of them, give it your best guess Also see how they treat the gun. If they pick it up every 5 seconds so no one steals it, or talks highly of it, makes it seem like their "baby" they probably worked hard finding it. See what they are trying to trade you for. Some guy fabricating 100 dollar bills would gladly take 50 bucks for each one of them. So a guy trading perfect pearls for a glorious havoc, Probably not a legit find Just use common sense. You've probably played plenty of this game, And if you leave it to your instinct, you could feel out what is legit and what isn't.

Last edited by s6; May 9th, 2012 at 08:41 AM.
s6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 08:52 AM   #15
Mark Levinson
Hyperion Representative

The best way is to enable the debugger, autoequip one and see if AL is 0 or not. If not, then it's a real gun. Not sure if this works online though.
BL1 Collection

Mark Levinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 09:53 PM   #16
cbowling816

doesnt the "Awesome Level" reset to 0 once you exit the game
cbowling816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 11:44 PM   #17
Mark Levinson
Hyperion Representative

Yeah, that's why you have to check right away. It resets even if you put it in the inventory. You have to auto equip it without it even going into the backpack to see AL.
BL1 Collection

Mark Levinson is offline   Reply With Quote