The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Gearbox Games > Borderlands 2 > BL2 General Discussion (No Spoilers!)

Old June 4th, 2012, 07:28 PM   #61
Trauma Hunter

Default Re: Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Edition - Sold out already?

Do you guys honestly NOT think they would if they could?

Chances are they can't get the chests made in time.

Having people pre-order for a chest edition of the game is an impossible thing if the chests can't be made in time..
Old June 4th, 2012, 07:36 PM   #62
Coke123221

Yes. But hopefully it was just to test the waters and more will be released later.
Coke123221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2012, 08:00 PM   #63
johnnyturk
First Access Club Member

find it hard to believe they cant get more made in 3 months!
johnnyturk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2012, 08:21 PM   #64
MASTERMAXX713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coke123221 View Post
Yes. But hopefully it was just to test the waters and more will be released later.
like randy said in the article that can be found below, they are working trying to see of there are any ways to get more, buts its very unlikely do to the fact that they cant be made by launch and since this is suppose to be a numbered limited edition, they cant just make some and then, make more because the certificates are going to say 1/5000 etc so they cant go and just make a new certificate whenever they want, it would defeat the purpose. believe me they have heard our outcry and sometimes its not about the money. because i bet they would take all your money if they could.

http://kotaku.com/5915601/and-now-a-...ndy-pitchford-

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyturk View Post
find it hard to believe they cant get more made in 3 months!
see the problem is that the chests themselves take a long time to make because someone has to hand do the art and detail to make it truly look like its right out of the game and if they are doing this for 5000 or even 10000 this takes time. everything they did took into account production and in this case 3 months is not that long. if they could do more it probably only be a few and they have to decide before they finish those certificates because there will be a specific number on them and the other problem is they have no way of knowing how long the ones that have already been ordered will take.

have faith and enjoy the game no matter what occurs, i do have sympathies for all who got left out on the ULCE

Last edited by MASTERMAXX713; June 4th, 2012 at 08:23 PM.
MASTERMAXX713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2012, 08:31 PM   #65
Coke123221

Thank you that helped
Coke123221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2012, 08:56 PM   #66
MASTERMAXX713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coke123221 View Post
Thank you that helped
and i really dont want people to loose faith , but i thought if you knew why then you would feel less angry and also even if they dont do anymore that does not mean someone wont cancel a pre-order or not be able to pay etc and you can snatch that one up.
MASTERMAXX713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2012, 10:31 PM   #67
FinalFox

But not all CoA have to have a certain number out of the number.. tbh most of the just say "Number: 3" or "#3" we still have a chance ): .. it's not that they can't make it.. it's that they can't make it in time u.u ... i ran into such a horrible case of bad luck... I preordered it at gamestop for ps3(or so i thought) and returned 3 days later to bye Borderlands goty edition... and that's when I noticed that my preorder was on 360.. and I told the guy at the register that i asked for it on ps3..): and he tried switching it for me..and when he did..he took out the xbox preorder.. and couldn't get the ps3 preorder because it was locked/sold out... u_u so i lost the the Loot Chest edition period... u.u I felt so sad... didn't even feel like playing BL goty anymore.. ): I know it's something dumb to be sad about.. but this is the first Collectors edition that i actually liked and i felt that it was worth it.. and now I have no chance at getting it at all ;-; .. sigh... u.u i guess i have to get lucky a see if someone decides to not buy it.. and there's only 1 ps3 edition in my store that's preordered.. that's just a real case of bad luck ): maybe other stores will have it.. or they will ship more i hope ):
FinalFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2012, 01:25 AM   #68
Zaiure135

i had a kind of same deal as ff expt the gamestop dude ordered the deluxe ps3 and not the loot chest i wanted hope i get lucky too this and the infamous2 collectors edition /loot box are the only ones that have been the best editions to get for the respective games i really hope they do make more of the loot chest and maybe a few signed ones for a auction or something for something like make a wish foundation or penny arcade charity that gives games to kids in hospitals that cant get out and about
Zaiure135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2012, 01:45 AM   #69
U1849KA
Emperor of Cashlin

Fking figures.

I've Never had to preorder months upon months upon Months prior to release... Why the F*** didn't they open pre-orders at a reasonable time? *** **** ****!!!
Nothing is ever finished.
Goddess-elemental // Mr. Stabby // Puncho and Lefty // ODST //|RED TEXT BONUS LIST||The Ideal Playthrough||Starting Levels and Triggers
U1849KA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2012, 01:45 AM   #70
XTehXSniperX
<3Nicole<3

Myestop said they disnt even get it DX
Fearsome orionx2
Liquid orionx3
GGN450 fearsome volcanox17
Cobalt volcanox8
Blue volcanox2
Rolling surkovx7
surkovx4
Liquid invaderx2
18 Pearlescents Tsumani Serpens Stalker Nemisis 3-Aries 2-Undertaker 3-Jackal 2-Bessie Omega Ironclad Rose
O-----[]}=======>
I CAN SWING MA SWORD, MA DIAMOND SWORD SWORD SWING SWING SWING
XTehXSniperX is offline   Reply With Quote