The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Gearbox Games > Borderlands 2 > BL2 General Discussion (No Spoilers!)

View Poll Results: Gore/Dismemberment in Borderlands 2?
Yay! 58 78.38%
Nay! 0 0%
Prefer to have an option to turn it on/off 6 8.11%
I Could Care Less... 10 13.51%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 16th, 2012, 07:14 AM   #1
Revile Hannibal

Send a message via AIM to Revile Hannibal Send a message via MSN to Revile Hannibal Send a message via Yahoo to Revile Hannibal Send a message via Skype™ to Revile Hannibal
Default BL2: Gore/Dismemberment?

I remember reading somewhere that Borderlands 2 is supposedly toning down the gore significantly, and it looks from all the trailers and vids, that Dismemberment is gone from most if not all enemies.

Why is this happening and can there be an option in the game menu to alter it or perhaps be something you can unlock by completing the game?

Atleast in the US version or Country's version that are less worried about gore.

Cause personally that was one of the initial attractions to Borderlands, is its "dont give a ****" kinda attitude similar to Duke Nukem, and Doom. It's kinda saddening to think it won't be there. Takes a little fun away from seeing what the baddest guns do. I mean it'll be like wow kool exploding bullets... but the bandits are just flying everywhere... where's the big insta gib blood and guts action all Unreal Tournament like? Or those awesome sniper head shots that disintegrate skulls into a bloody mess. Or the shotgun blasts that turn what were once lil skag pups into nothing but headless atrocities.

Don't get me wrong Borderlands 2 looks awesome... but this is definitely a sad step backwards in the violent department. Mortal Kombat's Scorpion is shaking his head in disappointment.

If you were trying to cater to the folks that don't like the violence, adding an option similar to Resident Evils old "Violence on/off" would probably more than suffice? Could even have the violence off as default. Though I have no idea how the game is made or if that idea could even be a feasible option. But it would certainly be awesome to see the same type of gore from the first game return in the second.

Though in the end its not a make or break thing, just something that will be missed.

Anyone agree or disagree? not care?

Revile Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2012, 07:18 AM   #2
Caliente
Home-Grown

Default Re: BL2: Gore/Dismemberment?

I wouldnt mind a lot of gore, but thats not why i play Borderlands. Its the fun and the hunt for the perfect guns.

Sucking at something, is the first step to become sort of good at something!
Caliente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2012, 07:59 AM   #3
Christown
Siren

I think dismemberment is definitely going to be in there (for robots at least) as during the commentated E3 walkthroughs that were posted yesterday, it shows Axton shoot off a Loaders leg and it then proceeds to crawl along the ground.
Old June 16th, 2012, 08:09 AM   #4
Handsome Jack
The Villain

There was a 14 minute cam video from last year that showed the battle against bandits. It shows a midget getting splattered. Gore is still there. Also bear in mind all the previews thus far have been against either robots (opportunity) or insect type enemies (caustic caverns).
Old June 16th, 2012, 09:20 AM   #5
Champion puffa
borderaddict.

yea an i see a robot loader or sumthing get his legs blown off an end up crawling along the floor towards em to try get em, lol. theres defo more gore an dismemberment in there.
i suppose it depends wot enemy types we are seeing in the vids getting shot and dismembered i mean robots an loaders etc are not going to have blood and gore are they?
so its really only enemies that are human and animal etc which tbh we havnt seen that many of yet, not that i can remember anyway an i reckon some of the animal enemies are not gonna have the option to blow off their heads as such its more critical locations etc.
i doubt it will be toned down just the wider variety of enemies means we may not see it as bloody an gorey as were not always shooting humans or smaller animals like scags, we are shooting a lot of those in bl1.

BL1 total pearls:36
1 stalker, 3 bessie, 2 avenger, 2 nemesis, 4 undertaker, 3 tsunami, 1 rose, 2 ironclad, 1 omega

BL2 pearls:

Last edited by Champion puffa; June 16th, 2012 at 09:22 AM.
Champion puffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2012, 09:23 AM   #6
psytog
eating

Well, there were some human enemies in the e3 gameplay, there were the engineers running around. not sure if i caught any dismemberment on that end
Old June 16th, 2012, 11:43 AM   #7
xxSpacemanSpiffxx
Dahl Commando

I thought they already said there would be dismembering. You could blow off a bandits leg and he would keep trying to fight you or retreat, or something like that

"Cry havoc, and let slip the hogs of war!"- Archer
xxSpacemanSpiffxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2012, 11:57 AM   #8
watho
Dance Commander

Send a message via Skype™ to watho
Default Yes!

I hope you realize that "I could care less" means that you do care about it.

On topic: I hope that the weapons feel as powerful as they are, meaning that if you have really powerful weapon that it should sound a lot and leave a big mess of whatever was standing in front of you left. But I don't want people getting gibbed by measly pistols.

I made another post, see ya in a few months.
watho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2012, 11:59 AM   #9
Shooluth

Hrmph. Bah Humbug! I want gore!...Al Gore back in office....Seriously though, I don't see why they would change it since they're catering to the ones who enjoyed the first one so much...I hope they don't though, cause then I be dissa point.
Shooluth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2012, 01:30 PM   #10
LordRayken
banned

You remember.... Reading... Somewhere?

I haven't seen any indication the games gore is toned down.

Also, "I could care less" means you care.

It's, "I couldn't care less." or "I could not care less."
LordRayken is offline   Reply With Quote