The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old July 6th, 2012, 12:18 AM   #161
1.21 gigawatts
Thunderstruck!

Default Re: Quick question about the sanctuary loot chest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetFisher View Post
That would be nice, a gun that isnt very useful as a gun but more of a sword that could shoot but instead its primary use was for melee, this would work as a good melee weapon for stealth players who want to get up close and personal but at the same time it is still a gun. With all the gun variety in borderlands 2 there could be a million like this but I would prefer just the uber rare weapon version.
The only character meant for really getting up close and personal or being stealthy is Zer0, and he already has a melee weapon. Also, if a gun isn't efficient as a gun itself, get a new one.
Old July 8th, 2012, 02:55 AM   #162
BridgetFisher
First Access Club Member

Smile Re: Quick question about the sanctuary loot chest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.21 gigawatts View Post
The only character meant for really getting up close and personal or being stealthy is Zer0, and he already has a melee weapon. Also, if a gun isn't efficient as a gun itself, get a new one.
While borderlands is all about loot and guns, I wouldnt be surprised if they added more mechanics and features such as dual wielding that everyone wanted. Would not be surprised if there were melee weapons for a more stealthy play style sort of like Solid Snake in the famous Metal Gear series made by Hideo Kojima.

BridgetFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2012, 03:39 AM   #163
Champion puffa
borderaddict.

Quote:
While borderlands is all about loot and guns, I wouldnt be surprised if they added more mechanics and features such as dual wielding that everyone wanted. Would not be surprised if there were melee weapons for a more stealthy play style sort of like Solid Snake in the famous Metal Gear series made by Hideo Kojima.
duel yeilding is already in the game it is sals special ability/skill. wot are you going on about?
there are not going to be any more melee weapons in bl2, we may get lucky an see the odd thing like a chainsaw or similar maybe via eridium, but the sword for zero etc are not going to be changeable, gearbox have stated we can not change out the melee weapon in various videos.
duel yeilding is only going to be in the game for salvador. no other character will have it as it is his special ability. do you even read anything about the game at all? cos either your post is worded wrong or im not reading it right but from wot i read your saying they may add duel yeilding that we wanted etc. well that just tells me you have not seen a single video for bl2 or even looked into the characters in the slightest. unless you dont think when you type an you just let your mind wander free an babble on. which does seem likely cos i find it hard to believe someone as active as you would not know wot the new special abilitities are for each character.
i dont mean this to sound rude in any way. i just cant figure out how your mind works. lol.

BL1 total pearls:36
1 stalker, 3 bessie, 2 avenger, 2 nemesis, 4 undertaker, 3 tsunami, 1 rose, 2 ironclad, 1 omega

BL2 pearls:

Last edited by Champion puffa; July 8th, 2012 at 03:40 AM.
Champion puffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2012, 04:07 AM   #164
Zalsha
Borderlandiac

He/She only played the first game for 9 hours, Champion. They don't have any idea what Borderlands even is.
Old July 8th, 2012, 04:11 AM   #165
BridgetFisher
First Access Club Member

Smile Re: Quick question about the sanctuary loot chest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion puffa View Post
duel yeilding is already in the game it is sals special ability/skill. wot are you going on about?
there are not going to be any more melee weapons in bl2, we may get lucky an see the odd thing like a chainsaw or similar maybe via eridium, but the sword for zero etc are not going to be changeable, gearbox have stated we can not change out the melee weapon in various videos.
duel yeilding is only going to be in the game for salvador. no other character will have it as it is his special ability. do you even read anything about the game at all? cos either your post is worded wrong or im not reading it right but from wot i read your saying they may add duel yeilding that we wanted etc. well that just tells me you have not seen a single video for bl2 or even looked into the characters in the slightest. unless you dont think when you type an you just let your mind wander free an babble on. which does seem likely cos i find it hard to believe someone as active as you would not know wot the new special abilitities are for each character.
i dont mean this to sound rude in any way. i just cant figure out how your mind works. lol.
Meant that as an included feature and just like it is for Sal, would make sense for players to have access to melee features since there is big news about to drop for Borderlands 2. Complete skill trees still are not announced and I am always hunting for more information, using the thread on this forum is the closest we have so far until the official release and even then without knowing the exact base stats it makes it difficult to anticipate exactly how each skill will affect the player.

BridgetFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2012, 04:16 AM   #166
Zalsha
Borderlandiac

When the game is a week from release and we know everything, are you still going to be ranting about the (not going to happen) melee weapons? We have so much proof that they aren't going to happen, it's like you are being a tryhard, but the sad thing is that I am sure it is for attention. Bravo for you feeling like you have friends.
Old July 8th, 2012, 04:19 AM   #167
Champion puffa
borderaddict.

ok thanks for clearing that up for me bridget.
skill trees would make some sense if not a lil too early imo. but we have seen a lot of it already so why not just tell us all of it now.

BL1 total pearls:36
1 stalker, 3 bessie, 2 avenger, 2 nemesis, 4 undertaker, 3 tsunami, 1 rose, 2 ironclad, 1 omega

BL2 pearls:
Champion puffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2012, 01:59 PM   #168
1.21 gigawatts
Thunderstruck!

Quote:
Meant that as an included feature and just like it is for Sal, would make sense for players to have access to melee features since there is big news about to drop for Borderlands 2. Complete skill trees still are not announced and I am always hunting for more information, using the thread on this forum is the closest we have so far until the official release and even then without knowing the exact base stats it makes it difficult to anticipate exactly how each skill will affect the player.
Does "game-changers" mean anything to you? Each class has specific skills that massively change the results of the game. Such as Axton's skill Mag-Lock which allows him to deploy his Scorpio turret onto vertical and horizontal surfaces. I think that would definitely help, having a Scorpio turret on a wall shooting down at enemies in covers, don't you? So it's actually pretty easy to anticipate how the skills affect player results.
Old July 8th, 2012, 04:18 PM   #169
crimson shocktrooper
Red Dead

im new here and this is by far the most idiotic discussion ive seen on these forums or any forum bridget is a troll or just really dumb going by her logic giant rainbow bunny starfish claptraps are also in borderlands 2 and are your companions and they spew whole bags of twizzlers at things. now back on topic the loot chest as many have previously stated the sanctuary loot chest will probably give better loot than the standard loot chest. thats probably all it gives i wouldnt count on unique gear but we wont know until the specifics come out.
crimson shocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2012, 04:41 PM   #170
xxSpacemanSpiffxx
Dahl Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimson shocktrooper View Post
im new here and this is by far the most idiotic discussion ive seen on these forums or any forum bridget is a troll or just really dumb going by her logic giant rainbow bunny starfish claptraps are also in borderlands 2 and are your companions and they spew whole bags of twizzlers at things. now back on topic the loot chest as many have previously stated the sanctuary loot chest will probably give better loot than the standard loot chest. thats probably all it gives i wouldnt count on unique gear but we wont know until the specifics come out.
LOL welcome to the forums Shocktrooper

Edit: Also it's good to see some more common sense joining our ranks.

"Cry havoc, and let slip the hogs of war!"- Archer

Last edited by xxSpacemanSpiffxx; July 8th, 2012 at 04:49 PM.
xxSpacemanSpiffxx is offline   Reply With Quote