The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old July 17th, 2012, 07:30 PM   #1
Mostyman
Nerd Superhero

Default MLP:FiM Mods?

So are any of you Vault Hunters bronies beside me? I am just as excited for Season 3 of the show as I am for BL2! I am hoping that there are some fanmade pony mods that come out with this game like I've seen with Skyrim. Wouldn't that be sick if Gearbox released pony skins or something pony related in game?! We can only wish. Although I beleive I saw a trailer that had Salvador wearing a purple shirt with a dual-horned unicorn on it. Hmm...

Anyway, I plan to use Maya to start and make her Lyra (saw the turquoise hair, first thing I thought). Then I shall attempt to go through the game using just Maliwan weapons to role-play as a magic-casting unicorn. Not sure how difficult that may be but perhaps the Badass Point system will help. Might be a better plan for a second or third game. But in BL1 right now I have one Siren Twilight Sparkle (using just Maliwans), a second Siren Rarity (using what else? Rarities!) and a Big Macintosh Soldier (using combat rifles and shotguns). Ponies rule.
Old July 17th, 2012, 07:35 PM   #2
madroxXx
Ready to Joy Puke

Default Re: MLP:FiM Mods?

Old July 17th, 2012, 07:35 PM   #3
{FM}BBQ
Gearbox Loyalty Class-Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostyman View Post
Although I beleive I saw a trailer that had Salvador wearing a purple shirt with a dual-horned unicorn on it. Hmm...
Ahh.. the Elusive and Rare Pandoran Rhinocorn. Vicious killer of men right there

I heard they are going to nerf praying, might put a lock out timer on that. - Iceberg
Old July 17th, 2012, 07:36 PM   #4
UFOLoche
Desperado

Send a message via AIM to UFOLoche Send a message via Skype™ to UFOLoche

Quote:
Originally Posted by madroxXx View Post
This.
With my revolver, I don't miss. Sniper rifles, on the other hand can just go to that place in the corner. You know the one. The one with Robert Downey Jr. trying to out-drink Tony Stark...which is impossible cause he's Tony Stark...oh my God I don't know what I'm doing with this sig.
Proud owner of ULCE 30,414/53,160. THANKS GEARBOX!
Old July 17th, 2012, 07:40 PM   #5
Inane Badger
Give Sick

I am confounded.

But to stay on topic... If ponies had to be involved in anyway with BL2 I'd rather it be a super buffed up bandit that wore a pony mask and had a unique weapon of some kind.
Lucinus - Mouths I can see the logic, but I fail to see why hands/breasts/feet were in the list. One cannot exactly penetrate boobs unless you just drilled a hole into a woman's chest and started banging your way through her cardiovascular system.
Old July 17th, 2012, 07:43 PM   #6
BridgetFisher
First Access Club Member

This would be a great marketing tool for the game to expand to a huge audience that is waiting for a good game. There are no good MLP games yet and borderlands with a good mod could change all of that. While the OP means an unofficial mod I think, would be nice to see a MLP DLC. Sure some people think they might clash with borderlands but I feel the art style would be a perfect match for bronies. Speaking from a business perspective it is important to capture viable markets to strategically target their demographics, bronies would enjoy an exclusive Gearbox DLC. My Little Pony DLC lets the world know Gearbox is a company that cares.

Last edited by BridgetFisher; July 17th, 2012 at 07:46 PM.
Old July 17th, 2012, 07:43 PM   #7
Kitty Jo
Borderlands Chamber Maid

Uhhhh
Old July 17th, 2012, 07:49 PM   #8
Inane Badger
Give Sick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetFisher View Post
This would be a great marketing tool for the game to expand to a huge audience that is waiting for a good game. There are no good MLP games yet and borderlands with a good mod could change all of that. While the OP means an unofficial mod I think, would be nice to see a MLP DLC. Sure some people think they might clash with borderlands but I feel the art style would be a perfect match for bronies. Speaking from a business perspective it is important to capture viable markets to strategically target their demographics, bronies would enjoy an exclusive Gearbox DLC. My Little Pony DLC lets the world know Gearbox is a company that cares.

Uh. No. Gearbox being a company that cares is what lets the world know that they care. That and all of us who tell people that they're a solid company that stands by their fans.
Lucinus - Mouths I can see the logic, but I fail to see why hands/breasts/feet were in the list. One cannot exactly penetrate boobs unless you just drilled a hole into a woman's chest and started banging your way through her cardiovascular system.
Old July 17th, 2012, 08:03 PM   #9
Ante87
The Element of Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostyman View Post
So are any of you Vault Hunters bronies beside me? I am just as excited for Season 3 of the show as I am for BL2! I am hoping that there are some fanmade pony mods that come out with this game like I've seen with Skyrim. Wouldn't that be sick if Gearbox released pony skins or something pony related in game?! We can only wish. Although I beleive I saw a trailer that had Salvador wearing a purple shirt with a dual-horned unicorn on it. Hmm...

Anyway, I plan to use Maya to start and make her Lyra (saw the turquoise hair, first thing I thought). Then I shall attempt to go through the game using just Maliwan weapons to role-play as a magic-casting unicorn. Not sure how difficult that may be but perhaps the Badass Point system will help. Might be a better plan for a second or third game. But in BL1 right now I have one Siren Twilight Sparkle (using just Maliwans), a second Siren Rarity (using what else? Rarities!) and a Big Macintosh Soldier (using combat rifles and shotguns). Ponies rule.

From a fellow fan of the show...

Youtube Channel - Red chest guide series in the works!
Old July 17th, 2012, 08:08 PM   #10
PartlyIrish
Real men have class...

I'd rather keep this game away from being flooded with pony stuff...

No offence...

"...Also I'm gonna kill you and stuff. Cheers, Mate!"
Closed Thread