The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Gearbox Games > Borderlands 2 > BL2 General Discussion (No Spoilers!)

Old July 31st, 2012, 06:03 PM   #11
CommandoJonJ

Default Re: What's in a name? history behind YOUR screename!

Commando is one of my favorite movies as well as Rambo... What's funny is in Rambo Sylvester Stallones Characters First name is Jon and Middle Initial is J.... So instead of RamboJonJ it's CommandoJonJ... Since my first name is Jonathan and I go by Jon and my middle initial is also a J... I thought it was ironic... my favorite character is also the soldier/commando class in borderlands....
CommandoJonJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2012, 06:03 PM   #12
shikamaru31789
Certifiably Insane

The history of some of my names:

shikamaru31789: One of my favorite Naruto characters, made years ago and continue to use for all forums to keep things easy to remember.

Caveman0924: My first Xbox Live gamertag, chosen because I lived in a town named Weyer's Cave at the time, and added 0924 because it's a good sounding combination of numbers. Changed due to everybody on Xbox Live calling me a Geico Caveman when the commercials came out after I made the gamertag, curse you Geico!

dethfromabove17: Name chosen for Halo 2, where I liked to rain death down on people from above with Rocket Launchers. Deth spelling is a reference to the animated band Dethklok from Metalocalypse.

ZephanUnbound: Zephan is the main character from a fantasy series that I am writing. Unbound is a reference to his powers being unleashed upon his captors when he breaks free from a prison in one of the later books.

Level 36 Zer0
Level 24 Axton
Level 36 Gaige

Last edited by shikamaru31789; July 31st, 2012 at 09:19 PM.
shikamaru31789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2012, 06:05 PM   #13
I Locke I
-----------------

It's what people call me. I tend not to argue with them.
I Locke I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2012, 06:12 PM   #14
MR CauSe iM GoD
The Hot Siren

My long explanation. Enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR CauSe iM GoD View Post
MR CauSe iM GoD...

This all originated from my nickname from one of the older football players back when I was a Sophomore in High School. He would call me smoker, because of the way I talk. I talk softly and don't enunciate my words well. So it sounds like I smoke alot, but really I don't smoke at all.

When I started playing Xbox Live a lot, I started playing a lot of PSU (Phantasy Star Universe - A JRPG). My first game that I ever really got into. I played the demo, never made a character that was a cast, so I wanted to try that. So my 1st character online was a Male Cast. It took me about 20 minutes to think of that name. I wanted it to be original and be the only one, so I thought... I my name to involve smoking, because I don't smoke and people always assume that I smoke, because of the way I talk and of my relaxed attitude towards everything, or even how I am always paying attention but not really paying attention. But anyway I wanted a acronym since my character was a cast. I always think its kinda funny when you meet someone who is really into themselves... because you are always like... seriously this guy is a douche... if you don't know who they really are until you start hanging out with them... then its like oh your really not that bad... less of a douche. So I though of Cig after trying a few combinations with different words, I was like that is ******* awesome I am going to use that. When running with people, doing missions and stuff, I would throw up this shortcut...

(C)ause
(I )'m
(G)od

Most of the people I ran with like it. So it stuck. The 10 or so people that I normally run with or play other games with. Always call me Cig. Even the people I play Borderlands with call me Cig. Since that is how I normally introduce myself online... God works to I like that.

Last edited by MR CauSe iM GoD; July 31st, 2012 at 06:15 PM.
MR CauSe iM GoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2012, 06:17 PM   #15
Mikisoq

The little
Mikisoq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2012, 06:20 PM   #16
Maker L106
Train Wreck

Oh god the names I've had over the years...

Maker is a take from a friend from years and years ago who wound up dying of cancer. He was a decent hacker who taught me some very rudimentary things back then. I learned and went on to get a degree in IT because of my background (though lot of good it did me.)

I took the name after his death to continue the name on the boards i was on at the time. During that time i was also a pretty popular / well known Armored Core player so everyone just knew me by the same login name since i was lazy... it stuck.

I've been known by over 5 or 6 names in the past but its the only one i care about anymore. L106 is an inside joke and a reference but to what no one gets to know.
Maker L106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2012, 06:20 PM   #17
bakerfresh

A fellow employee I worked with out if college that introduced me to playing rugby. Used to call me bakerfresh...being my last name was Baker. It's stuck with me since.
bakerfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2012, 06:27 PM   #18
wylde bil
my mind would scare u

wylde bil came from when i was playin football in high school, i was the only white kid on my team, so the coach said i needed a nickname. one of the assistant coaches said the lone ranger (cause i was the only white guy) i said hell no; so another said maybe wild bill cause he thought a hit i had given a running back was "wild". i liked it and took some liberties with the spelling to ensure no confusion between me and any other wild bill
Old July 31st, 2012, 07:05 PM   #19
crimson shocktrooper
Red Dead

crimson shocktrooper became one of my names back when knoxx was newer. i was a shock weapon freak so i had mostly shock weapons and everytime me and my buddy ran into the crimson lance shocktroopers i couldnt really damage them much and he started joking saying im one of them cause i didnt want to kill them and started calling me crimson or shocktrooper so it stuck a little. later he moved away and died so i kept the name and i use it where i can.

"A TRUE World Revealed" ...I see your weakness you can not hide from Death
crimson shocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2012, 07:27 PM   #20
Captain Trips

Well, I'm a huge fan of Stephen King, and one of my favourite books is The Stand.
In it, the man-made plague that wipes out humanity is nicknamed Captain Trips.
I thought that was pretty cool, since it also sounds like a military name.
Tried getting the name Captain Trips on PSN and Steam, but it's taken.
If you find someone named LukasTrips on either, it'll be me.
I chose Lukas as opposed to Luke (my real name) because I felt Luke was too short to feel right with Trips as a follow up.

I dunno why, I have weird quirks when it comes to grammar and pronunciation sometimes...

Last edited by Captain Trips; July 31st, 2012 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Edited some run on sentences... my final statement seems like a lie now...
Captain Trips is offline   Reply With Quote